Dundee Utd v Motherwell

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Anybody watching this?

1-0 Motherwell just now. John Sutton header inside the first minute.

Not been the greatest of games but the early goal might make it interesting.

portobellojambo1

Anybody watching this?

1-0 Motherwell just now. John Sutton header inside the first minute.

Not been the greatest of games but the early goal might make it interesting.

I've found it reasonably interesting viewing, as it is very open.

Only disappointment has been one or two of Calum Murray's refereeing decisions. Both he and his linesman failed to spot what looked like a clear hand ball by Dundee United's last defender, which could well have been a red card. Then about 60 seconds later he gave a free kick against the Motherwell centre half for a perfect tackle where he clearly won the ball (very similar to the Bougherra incident against Celtic, which he also got horribly wrong, both were perfect tackles).

I'm quite enjoying this game, I can think of worse things to watch while trying to nurse a hangover.

Oh, Callum Murray is one of the most over-rated referees in the country by the way, just behind Craig Thomson. As PJ1 says, he's made a few very poor decisions already.

John Sutton would be a good signing for us.

Think he could be out of contract at the end of the season?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

John Sutton would be a good signing for us.

Think he could be out of contract at the end of the season?

He is. Would be good cover for Kyle.

Game has got a lot better now, definitely more goals in this.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I was right about there being more goals. Great technique from Goodwillie. Keeper unlucky though.

colinmaroon

An absolute beast of a goal.

Have we been linked to Gomis recently? Having a nightmare of a game imo.

THAT was stunning!!!

I'm at the game with the laddie. Decent match. Referee having a mare. Much outrage from the utd fans.

If this game ends in a draw, Im sure the replay will be this coming wednesday which means our game against Dundee Utd will need to be

re-arranged.

Maybe not a bad thing as we could extend our lead over both Killie & Utd after next weekends games.

jamboinglasgow

If this game ends in a draw, Im sure the replay will be this coming wednesday which means our game against Dundee Utd will need to be

re-arranged.

Maybe not a bad thing as we could extend our lead over both Killie & Utd after next weekends games.

according to the sunday post, St Johnstone's replay against Brechin is a week on Wednesday (putting at risk Murray Davidson's chances of being called into the Scotland squad) so I imagine the replay from this match will be on the same midweek. Think Celtic's game getting played this week is because the game was called off rather then moved to replay.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

What a cracking goal that was. And aye, I would take Sutton in a second.

Great goal. They had a nice wee move down the left a few minutes before too.

Oh - Utd equalise. Good game!

Cracking quality

Only switched over to this in the last few minutes, it's a real pleasure to see some decent football being played - makes a great change from the usual guff we're treated to by SPL teams!

The White Cockade

Great cup tie

Really missed that the last couple of seasons with our poor cup performances

FarmerTweedy

I've found it reasonably interesting viewing, as it is very open.

Only disappointment has been one or two of Calum Murray's refereeing decisions. Both he and his linesman failed to spot what looked like a clear hand ball by Dundee United's last defender, which could well have been a red card. Then about 60 seconds later he gave a free kick against the Motherwell centre half for a perfect tackle where he clearly won the ball (very similar to the Bougherra incident against Celtic, which he also got horribly wrong, both were perfect tackles).

If you're referring to the one at the end of the cup replay, he got that decision spot on. Bougherra did make contact with the ball, but only after he'd gone through the celtic player to get to it. Clear foul, clear booking.

PsychocAndy

How does this effect us. When's the replay? Are we still playing midweek?

Crackin' game.

Cardiac Rucksack

We should have gone and got Sutton in January. We should still be looking to pick him up in the summer. Perfect cover for Kyle.

The Old Tolbooth

We should have gone and got Sutton in January. We should still be looking to pick him up in the summer. Perfect cover for Kyle.

Totally agree, Sutton is a quality striker who would do a huge job for us.

Billy the Jambo

I have been saying that since he played for St Mirren

I suppose hindsight is a great thing but surely KKs injury wasn't a complete surprise to the backroom staff?

His absence alone has effectively caused us to hit the buffers and that's really bugging my ass :angry:

Benny Factor

How does this effect us. When's the replay? Are we still playing midweek?

Crackin' game.

Doesn't affect our game with them. The replay is on March 29th.

Charlie-Brown

That we didn't go out and sign anybody in January suggests to me there isn't the money available to bring players in until other players leave and free up wages and maybe bring in a transfer fee.

1-1, absolutely brilliant goal from Goodwillie.

He is the best striker in the league. If he was playing for the 'OF' he would be worth a fortune.

He is the best striker in the league. If he was playing for the 'OF' he would be worth a fortune.

the only reason he is still with united is because of his trouble in jan and clubs wont touch him with a bargepole until its resolved

That we didn't go out and sign anybody in January suggests to me there isn't the money available to bring players in until other players leave and free up wages and maybe bring in a transfer fee.

From BBC on 2nd Feb

Versatile Lithuanian striker Evaldas Razulis has joined Hearts until the end of the season.

Hearts manager Jim Jefferies told the club website: "Evaldas is a big, strong striker similar in style to Kevin Kyle :blink:

"We will get the chance to get a look at him over the next few weeks and he might be able to do us a turn."

And Jefferies added: "I thought it would be a good idea to look at him in case Kevin was to be out for any length of time." :ermm: Hearts have been without Kyle, their leading scorer, in their last four matches and the target man is set to miss Wednesday's visit to Ibrox. The Edinburgh club expect Kyle to return from his groin injury for their next league outing at Hamilton on 12 February. :angry:

Fifa regulations do not permit a player to represent more than two clubs over the course of a season. However, the Latvian and Lithuanian campaigns do not run at the same time as the season in Scotland.

So where is he :huh:

Archived