Cheltenham Festival

Deek

The Old Tolbooth

Thanks Shaun :ninja:

:lol:

Need all the help we can get when picking winners mate :thumbsup:

Bensalem and Wolf Moon for me here, I fear my lucky 31 and placepot with Bensalem in it could be about to bite the dust though :wacko:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye but I think the race is changing a bit sunnyhill been put away for this to protect his mark, in the past they just kept on running them.

:lol:

Need all the help we can get when picking winners mate :thumbsup:

Bensalem and Wolf Moon for me here, I fear my lucky 31 and placepot with Bensalem in it could be about to bite the dust though :wacko:

My faithers big fancy for this race!

My faithers big fancy for this race!

I should listen to him and you John :vrface:

Well done though mate.Having a good day so far :thumbsup:

2:05 Medermit W

Rock noir E/W

2:40 Caroles Legacy E/W

Last minute decision to put a few pound on Bensallam so good outcome for this, never like seeing a horse fall but i did cheer when the leader feel .

On another bet is accumolator with bensallam and Menorah

The Old Tolbooth

I should listen to him and you John :vrface:

Well done though mate.Having a good day so far :thumbsup:

Get in!!!

Making up for last year mate when I had a horrific Cheltenham, long way to go and a lot of money to lose yet though :ninja:

Peddlers cross for me next :thumbsup:

Get in!!!

Making up for last year mate when I had a horrific Cheltenham, long way to go and a lot of money to lose yet though :ninja:

Peddlers cross for me next :thumbsup:

I'm the same so I'm afraid it won't win :teehee:

rossthejambo

I had Carole's Legacy as my fantasy pick, no idea why I didn't back it each way instead of King Fontaine :vrface:

Peddlers Cross next to get some of my money back please.

The Old Tolbooth

Caroles Legacy's run there doesn't half boost the chances of Sparky May beating the hot pot Quevega later on today, I think I may have found a horse to take the favourite on with now :thumbsup:

Sexton Hardcastle

Im giving this festival a swerve after last yearsmy bookie "mate" changed my lucky 15 or whatever type bet from my selections to his which did my for shy of a grand.

i've got mille chief in the champion hurdle.

apologies to anyone else who backed this. it wont win now.

My day is turning, thank feck for the first win so still up on the day. Up next one of my fav horses Peddlers cross. Surely in the top 3

Caroles Legacy's run there doesn't half boost the chances of Sparky May beating the hot pot Quevega later on today, I think I may have found a horse to take the favourite on with now :thumbsup:

Yeh sparky looks a stonking EW bet

Chaka Demus & pliers

You reckon? That race strengthens Quevega's chances for me

rossthejambo

I'm the same so I'm afraid it won't win :teehee:

:angry:

That's another bet down the pisser

:D

The Old Tolbooth

You reckon? That race strengthens Quevega's chances for me

Through the run where he beat Bensalem? I can see where your coming from mate, but I didn't have any other horse in that race within 10 lengths of Quevega, and now I see a glimmer of hope if that makes sense, I don't like backing short priced favourites and will probably do the reverse forcast, I can't see anything else getting into the mix. :thumbsup:

bajthejambo

I had Captain Chris earlier, so that has set me up for the day. On Peddlers Cross to win and Kyber Kim E/W in the 3:20.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Through the run where he beat Bensalem? I can see where your coming from mate, but I didn't have any other horse in that race within 10 lengths of Quevega, and now I see a glimmer of hope if that makes sense, I don't like backing short priced favourites and will probably do the reverse forcast, I can't see anything else getting into the mix. :thumbsup:

That and the race at the festival last year where he beat Carole's Legacy. It all depends how fresh/rusty he is I suppose after so long off but I'm sure they will have him ready for this. Doubt I'll be having a bet at that price though :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

Ooooft, that's a terrific finish and a magic performance by Hurricane Fly, he was just brilliant there! Overturn making sure Peddlers Cross got the strong pace he needed makes it an even better win for Hurricane Fly.

rossthejambo

That's two 2nds out of 3. :down:

Need a win in the next race to get my pennies back.

The Old Tolbooth

Next up is the tin pot cross country race where they jump all sorts of shite put in their way, I love this race :D

Gullible Gordon and Another Jewel each way for me :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

L'Ami is the one I've plonked for. Not got that high hopes but if it comes in I should have made a little profit.

bajthejambo

Next up is the tin pot cross country race where they jump all sorts of shite put in their way, I love this race :D

Me aswell.

L'Ami is the one I've plonked for. Not got that high hopes but if it comes in I should have made a little profit.

Sorry mate I've done it as well :vrface:

BASIL_HEARTS

2 lucky 15's

spirit son 2nd

captain chris 1st

caroles legacy 2nd

peddlers cross 2nd

zaidpour nowhere

poker de sivola

quevega

tharawaat

Benny Factor

Freney's Well for me. With Swing Bill in the last.

Still got a few quid left for the horses before I stick my football bets on.

Gone for Gullible Gordon E/W and probably one other, haven't picked.

Garde champetre would have won this last year if not hitting a fence and getting hit agin coming around the top corner. Dropped 4lb will have a bit of that.

1440 - Bensalem

Carole's Legacy E/W

1600 - Maljimar

1730 - Definity

Got a Cue Card/QUevega double as well

The 1440 has meant a good start to the festival for me, but I reckon I will have lost it by tomorrow!

Out of interest though, anyone able to tell me how much I would have got for the straight forecast with Bensalem at 6s and Carole's at 14s?

Tried to check before I put the singles on but it never told me the potential return...Never really considered putting it on though...although it does continue my pretty impressive (sickening) streak of the horses winning when I put the stake in the box but don't actually go through with it...last time I did it was Mon Mome in the National :(

The 1440 has meant a good start to the festival for me, but I reckon I will have lost it by tomorrow!

Out of interest though, anyone able to tell me how much I would have got for the straight forecast with Bensalem at 6s and Carole's at 14s?

Tried to check before I put the singles on but it never told me the potential return...Never really considered putting it on though...although it does continue my pretty impressive (sickening) streak of the horses winning when I put the stake in the box but don't actually go through with it...last time I did it was Mon Mome in the National :(

?45.41 :whistling:

returned 5s and 9s though

Archived