John Robertson

Jam Tarts 1874

Jam Tarts 1874

Robbo seems to be doing well. Does anyone think he can come back to try managing Hearts again once Jeffries' incumbency expires?

Robbo seems to be doing well. Does anyone think he can come back to try managing Hearts again once Jeffries' incumbency expires?

Did a reasonable job when Levein walked. Brought in Lee Miller on loan who done a turn with 11 goals in 15 games or something, even Burchill did ok when he was fit! Maybe needs a couple more years to prove himself again, away from East Fife and at a better club.

You never know but don't think so myself,and it would be a shame if he did and[god forbid]it went pair shaped as I'd hate it if he got slaughter after all he done for the HEARTS.

tartofmidlothian

Tin hat firmly on.

I don't think Robbo has what it takes to manage at Hearts level, given what he's done so far. His stock was at its highest when he moved to us, and I definitely don't think he did too badly at Tynie. Could hold his head high when he went and it was great to see him in our dugout.

Think his leaving was another instance of Vlad being right in hindsight, though. I'd love to see him prove himself and get promotion at East Fife, then I reckon his best bet is a move to a team like Falkirk, Dundee or Dunfermline, getting them to the SPL and keeping them there.

Would need a couple of years' unbroken success before he'd be any better than giving Lockey a shot, IMO.

I would :loveit: if in a few years we had:

Director of Football: JJ

First Team Manager: Robbo

Assistant Manager: Lockey

:yas:

Problem Officer?

The wee man will be back one day to lead us to silverware its his destiny.

This.

Jam Tarts 1874

The wee man will be back one day to lead us to silverware its his destiny.

I hope so too.

Gigolo-Aunt

If you take away Robbo's Hearts playing career, and just look at the managerial side of things, does it warrant enough to have him back?

I think some let their love for Robbo cloud this decision.

Mr Brightside

Maybe needs a couple more years to prove himself again, away from East Fife and at a better club.

This sums it up for me. Let's see what he does in the next few years hopefully step up to a first division or lower end SPL team.

Needs to settle down somewhere for a few seasons,to much movementin the last 5 years or so.A couple of seasons at Eastfife then maybe another shot at a lower Spl club,then we will see how he is.

Would be great to think he could have another crack at Tynecastle though.

Archived