Jimmy Sandison & Scott Crabbe's goal celebration at Pittodrie

Silvery_Moon

Silvery_Moon

I've probably had more requests for this match than any other. Jimmy Sandison opened the scoring for Hearts then did his 'famous' goal celebration with Scott Crabbe.

A Charlie Nicholas double had us in trouble before Iain Ferguson saved us late on by scoring from the rebound of a rare Robbo penalty miss.

Walter Kidd got sent off at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd_LVCDH7bk

Great stuff.

I'd almost forgotten that we used to take 4 or 5 thousand up there regularly.

Top days.

The Old Tolbooth

I used to love those days at Pittodrie when we used to take between 3-5000 and cram them in the Beach End. :thumbsup:

Malcolm Tucker

Mate I was already born then.

What's your point?

Dick.

Good day up there back as a youngster on the Captain Cabin bus. Double bottles of Becks and bottles of Grolsh.

Hearing Herts fans singing colourful songs and waving you know what had me smiling,nothing new under the sune eh

I may add i was at the game and it was great to revisit the game via youtube :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bill

Great stuff from two very good teams.

I used to love Pittodrie's Beach End, and note the funny wee stand attached onto the side of it that is barely inside the stadium.

From a fashion perspective, this was the last time shorts really were short. Great to see the candy-stripe strip.

I always felt that Jimmy Sandison deserved a bit more than 84 games for Hearts. He never seemed to let us down.

Good day up there back as a youngster on the Captain Cabin bus. Double bottles of Becks and bottles of Grolsh.

Cabin Hearts was the making of men!!

Great stuff from two very good teams.

I used to love Pittodrie's Beach End, and note the funny wee stand attached onto the side of it that is barely inside the stadium.

From a fashion perspective, this was the last time shorts really were short. Great to see the candy-stripe strip.

I always felt that Jimmy Sandison deserved a bit more than 84 games for Hearts. He never seemed to let us down.

What shorts!?

great goal celebration from jimmy and scott.. met jimmy at a friends birthday bash and we chatted about this

, dont think he ever scored another for hearts

, no bad for your one and only goal,

nice bloke..:thumbsup:

I was on the pitch at the equaliser. Not cos I'm hard but cos there was a big surge and I fell on. Used to love goin up there. They had a good side then. More often than not we got pumped but I liked stopping in Stonehaven for a wee drink on the way up and in Perth for chips on the way back. I didn't remember Zico getting sent off. Must have been concussed. Good times. :thumbsup:

Adi Dassler

Yaaaaasss!

Been waiting for this, nice one p0ab2.

Talking of Stonehaven, do any buses still stop there?

I have vivid memories of Hearts fans running amok there on quite a few occasions.

Of course this behaviour was totally unacceptable and brought shame on our club.

Thankfully this element of out support appear to have been sine died by post 1994 supporters.

I got to know a few Aberdeen casuals through working up North and they always regarded Hearts fans as the hardest to shake up, i remember many a fracas on Hamburger Hill but despite this slight slur on Hearts' reputation, they also said outside the Old Squirm, Hearts were the only fans to bring a large support. Aberdeen was ALWAYS a great trip, reeking in Brechin, stoned in Stonehaven, melted in Montrose.. ahhh the memories.

Great to see the Beach End packed viewed from the Paddock End in the goal replay.

The White Cockade

Remember it well, JC always seemed to play well up there

anyone remember how the bus seemed to take forever to get up there but only seemed to take half the time to get home?

Dons still had a good team in those days and we were even better

Charlie Nick and Ian Ferguson were two talented players who should have done more with their careers

Always like watching old games with Henry and Zico playing

kylelauren01

Went to that game on the Craigmillar Heartsb bus where the start of drinking was ridiculous o'clock. Can't recall much about the game but when Zico got sent off it was like he had scored winner in the Scottish Cup Final - think Rudi adulation & multiply it by 10. It was the start of Zico being afforded legendary status. Big travelling support but not as rowdy as a trip to Tannadice used to be standing on the steepest terracing in the world - aah memory lane! :P

Proper Hearts songs being sung.

:thumbsup:

The atmosphere was far far better back then. A great time to be following Hearts.

Toshes volley up there was one of the best I can remember,what a strike it was.

Some of the boozers were pretty rough to say the lest back then as well.

Silvery_Moon

Toshes volley up there was one of the best I can remember,what a strike it was.

Some of the boozers were pretty rough to say the lest back then as well.

Yes I think that was from the same season - a 3-1 win.

J Cheever Loophole

Yaaaaasss!

Been waiting for this, nice one p0ab2.

Talking of Stonehaven, do any buses still stop there?

I have vivid memories of Hearts fans running amok there on quite a few occasions.

Of course this behaviour was totally unacceptable and brought shame on our club.

Thankfully this element of out support appear to have been sine died by post 1994 supporters.

I think they denied the bus stop yrs ago,Igot left there once, got a lift home in a xr3?But on the way home I conked out, only to come to,to pounding disco and strobe lights we were in the Wheel Inn at Scone FFS.Good Timesrolleyes.gif

All roads lead to Gorgie

Big travelling support but not as rowdy as a trip to Tannadice used to be standing on the steepest terracing in the world - aah memory lane! :P

I remember getting caught in a huge surge on the big terrace at Tannadice. They had just put the roof over it and the place was buzzing. Scary but great fun all the same. Not much health and safety them and so much better for that.

Thanks for uploading - brings back fond memories of the game. Always a great trip to Pittroddie in those days.

I always liked Fergie, but somehow (despite his goals) he didn't seem to click in the Hearts team as well as I thought/hoped he would. JC is still magic though!

SectionDJambo

Aberdeen was always a great day out, enjoyed by many. Probably only a fiver to get in and see the difference in the number of punters rolling up. Pittodrie lost a major part of it's soul when they knocked down the Beach End.

Always remember a mid week match when Robbo hit a screamer free kick into the top corner with a few mnutes to go, to send the place into bedlam. We won 2-0 that night, and another big support even though it was a night game.

Aberdeen was always a great day out, enjoyed by many. Probably only a fiver to get in and see the difference in the number of punters rolling up. Pittodrie lost a major part of it's soul when they knocked down the Beach End.

Always remember a mid week match when Robbo hit a screamer free kick into the top corner with a few mnutes to go, to send the place into bedlam. We won 2-0 that night, and another big support even though it was a night game.

Pretty sure that was sandwiched in between beating Celtic 3-1 at Tynecastle then Dundee Utd 1-0 at Tannadice. What a week that was. Oh if only Rangers hadn't thrown money at winning the title in the late 80s/early 90s. We were more than a match for most at that time, only their squad depth beat us.

I'll always remember this match as the first time I took my son to Pittodrie to see the famous.

He was 10 and had been born and brought up near Aberdeen supporting his local team (I've always been a Jambo but with no family history or tradition), so we went to the South Stand without colours on and sat near the front.

When we scored like most fans I found it impossible not to cheer my team's goal and received some light hearted stick from those round us.

Their first goal saw some more abuse shouted at me and this increased with their second. But I was on my best behaviour for my boy.

The penalty to us was always going to be a goal so I sat on my hands to control myself. When Snelders saved it I was the only person in the South Stand remaining seated and when it was hammered in by Ferguson everyone near me slumped to their seats, I stood and shouted " you f-ing beauty" then took my son by the hand and said "it's time to go".

We didn't see the red card and I had forgotten all about it until watching this video again.

The other great memory I have of watching my team up here was around 1970 when Donald Ford scored a hat-trick to win 3-2 (I think) and on my way to the bus station to catch a country bus home I made the mistake of jumping on a corporation bus with my JT's scarf on, only to jump off again at the next corner before I got kicked in !

Happy days.

Francis Albert

Loved the candy stripe shirt.. loved the goal threat that we had in that team..

Agreed. Great to see a proper maroon and white away strip.

If there has to be a change of strip every season why can't we play variations on maroon and white for the away strip as we do for the home strip?

Archived