Chris McGuire / John Sutton + scott robertson and Gomis at dundee utd

Meadows

Bert Le Clos

Excellent player, but unless he's out of contract I don't think we can afford him.

Bauben and Gomis are both out of contract I believe, and I would be happy with either of them if we are losing Ruben, or both if we're not getting Bryson.

Decent player C, but ran the show? I seen Hearts dominate once we got over the slow 10 mins we took to get started. 2nd half was a bit tit for tat until we again, went on to dominate later in the game.

With all due respect, even if i did think a player had a great game v us i wouldn`t go on that strength to say we should sign someone. Players can spring up and have good games.

A few United fans I know arent big fans of him. Which is odd as I thought he was a bit of a prospect.

I was very impressed with him when we played them a few weeks ago but they'd be looking for far more than we could afford.

i think chris ma guire would be affordable and arernt gomis and buaben out of contract at the end of the season

I would take all of them, Robertson and Maguire are destined for a lot bigger though - Gomis, Buaben or Sutton would all be a yes from me though, doubt it'll happen.

i think chris ma guire would be affordable and arernt gomis and buaben out of contract at the end of the season

I don't know, but i think you hav just won 'longest thread title in JKB history' so well done for that.

What about Paul ma gowan or paul ma quade from st mirren as well?

Maguire is utter guff but the others I would take. Conway at utd is apparently out of contract as well

ToadKiller Dog

Its David Robertson thats out of contract at United and he is not good enough not the other one, I can see Conway and Gomis heading south or west , Buaben is our best option from them but isnt really better than we have .

Ryan Gosling

Ma guire? :lol:

Also seen it spelt Mguire, MgGuire, and MgUire.

:lol: :lol:

Also, worst title ever?

:what:

You could just about form a decent SPL side from out of contract players at the moment. Sutton, Rooney, Conway, Gomis, Bauben, Taouil, even Diamond would all be no worse than some of the players we have on the books at the moment. Combine them with Kello, Webster, Zal, Wallace, Rudi, Temps, Driver, Kyle and Elliott and we would have a very good first XI and a much deeper squad than we have at present. I'd be putting in realistic wage offers for most if not all of them if we can lose 4ish players from our current squad. (Or if both Ruben and Bouzid go given that they are alleged to be on big money). Even if we were to bid on all of them we would only be likely to be successful on two or three (if that).

There seems to be a lot available for free at the moment so I'm not sure we are likely to spend too many transfer fees. I don't know what the situations are with "chris ma guire" or Robertson. I guess it would all boil down to what money was involved. There are plenty of players who would improve us, especially in midfield.

Would we need to spend transfer fees to get third again? Probably not. Not if we get a couple of decent Bosmans. If we want to aim for higher than 3rd place in the league and an early exit in Europe then I would think we will need to be hoovering up talent. Fullbacks would have to top of the list alongside a playmaker (IMO). I'd be looking to get another quality striker in after that, ideally one who could head the ball and hold it up a bit. After that it is only about cover unless we strike it ridiculously lucky.

Charlie-Brown

Out of contract at Killie are Taouill, Hamill and Pascali and Wright, at Dundee Utd it's Conway, Bauben & Gomis, at St Johnstone Liam Craig, Motherwell John Sutton at Aberdeen - well who really cares they are all pish.

meant chris maguire didnt mean the space lol

Out of contract at Killie are Taouill, Hamill and Pascali and Wright, at Dundee Utd it's Conway, Bauben & Gomis, at St Johnstone Liam Craig, Motherwell John Sutton at Aberdeen - well who really cares they are all pish.

Are you the one that hates transfer chat? None of these players would improve our squad?

jambo_til_i_die

Kello,

back 3 of Webster, Zali, Diamond, centre 3 of Gomis, Black, Skacel, wingers Templeton & Taouil with Kyle and 2T's up front? I'd shit a brick at that. :thumbsup:

Would take every one of them.

This thread looks like a car crash now that its been all merged.

That's some shitey merging :down:

Johanes de Silentio

Ma guire? :lol:

Also seen it spelt Mguire, MgGuire, and MgUire.

He means Midge Ure, surely?

No thanks - hasn't done anything since Ultravox. :down:

Decent player C, but ran the show? I seen Hearts dominate once we got over the slow 10 mins we took to get started. 2nd half was a bit tit for tat until we again, went on to dominate later in the game.

With all due respect, even if i did think a player had a great game v us i wouldn`t go on that strength to say we should sign someone. Players can spring up and have good games.

Craig...It is my 12 year old son who posts under my name on here.....i'm afraid most people are arguing with a P7 !!

He means Midge Ure, surely?

No thanks - hasn't done anything since Ultravox. :down:

Feck me - he wrote Do They Know It's Christmas, ffs ...

Johanes de Silentio

Feck me - he wrote Do They Know It's Christmas, ffs ...

Forgot about that - could do a job for us! :thumbsup:

Craig...It is my 12 year old son who posts under my name on here.....i'm afraid most people are arguing with a P7 !!

lol..... :D

Tommy Wiseau

Sharing login details... ban please mods. :whistling:

tartofmidlothian

Lose:

Elliot

Glen

Mole

Obua

Stevenson

Sign:

Sutton

Maguire

Taouil

Stronger team for less money IMO. Plus Gomis if Ruben won't agree to a new contract that's in our budget and Diamond if Bouzid is determined to go. Straight swaps in each case.

Archived