FIFA Investigates Possible 'Match-Fixing'

Chester™

colinmaroon

Sorry, but can't help myself:

Thank goodness we live in a country where everything is pure and perfect and match officials are 100% above board!

Bizarre decision by Fifa to look at the officials for that one. Having watched the four penalties in the Estonia game, they all looked like good decisions.

The 3rd Pen looked out the box, but I'm happy to let that one go. The 4rth one though was not a pen in my eyes. Certainly not from the ref's angle.

None of them looked very dodgey. There must have been some strange betting patterns or something going on that has made them look at this.

Guest juvehearts

The 3rd Pen looked out the box, but I'm happy to let that one go. The 4rth one though was not a pen in my eyes. Certainly not from the ref's angle.

it was the linesman that gave that one

The third one, he holds him outside the box but then clips him with his right foot just inside the box.

JamboAberdeen

I remember a few years back, a game in india was found match-fixing as the game ended with 100+ - nil score line.

Compared to that game, I don't see any suspicious thing in those game...

The first foul inside the box was ridiculous, the boy had plenty time to pull his leg away but left it there as if to concede a professional foul..not something you normally do in your box.

Does anyone have a link to highlights of either of the games? The only videos I can find are just pictures.

Does anyone have a link to highlights of either of the games? The only videos I can find are just pictures.

The link I posted to the BBC site has the video. If its not the link anymore, the video is on the site somewhere. :)

The Treasurer

I've seen similar incidents to all 4 given and not given but none of them look debatable enough to arouse suspicion

grumpy rebus

If FIFA think they're dodgy penalties, lets hope they never have a look at the ones that Rangers and Celtic get in the SPL :whistling:

Only the third one looked softish, but I've seen softer given.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Anyone else think that Blatter is pissed off that he didn't get his cut?

The key sentence is the one about the tip off before the game. Buy the ref and his assistants, a defender on each team and pile it all on X penalties conceded in one match.

I run a u15 team in Castle Donington. We got gubbed last week and conceded 4 penalties in the process. What was the refs name cause it could be the same one.

To be fair to our ref, one of them was a pen. The other three - not a chance. Footballs rotten from the bottom up!!!

Archived