Doctor Doctor

Deek

What a disgrace.

A doctor and his friend kicked and stamped on a man because they thought he had hit the doctors girlfriend. The victim was in a a coma for 12 hours and off work for 4 months.

The doctor has been suspended by the GMC for 12 months. The fitness to practice panel said it was not in the public interest to strike off Mann.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/7315531.stm

Now if a fireman had started a malicious fire, policeman stole money, lawyer committed perjury, they would be sacked.

But a doctor kicks somebody unconcious, has to carry out 200 hours community service, then after 12 months is allowed to carry on practicing earning ?60,000+ a year. Unethical and wrong in my opinion.

Why was no custodial sentence imposed either?

Apparently because it was a first offence - no doubt the glowing character references helped as well. :rolleyes:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

My mates old bill (and ginger!!)

A couple of years ago he was accused of assault by someone he nicked

Basically he was suspended/put on desk duty while the CPS sorted it all out and was told that if he was found guilty he'd be out on his ear.

I'm fairly liberal when it comes to the judicial system but even I despair at some of the sentences being given out these days.

There has to be some element of deterrant in there to go along with the rehabilitation. This seems like the kind of case where a prison sentence would be effective.

Archived