Sandison on Black

tartofmidlothian

Turned out to be a great signing IMO. Vlad does it again! Credit to Black, I though he was rubbish at first but he's really came on this season and suits his role alongside Mrowiec. :thumbsup:

Patience is key with some players. Some fans expect instant success, some will give players time. Black has definitely flourished under Jefferies because JJ wants players to play and express themselves and he also makes players believe in themselves.

Half of the work is down to the player as well though and with Black always being a seemingly strong character, its no surprise he fought through an initial sticky spell.

If the ian black that we have watched this season is the ian black come good, then we really do have serious problems.

Frankenstein Jambo.

If the ian black that we have watched this season is the ian black come good, then we really do have serious problems.

:what:

are you serious? Ian black has been exeptional this season and is just behind kello and zal as our player of the year imo.

you really have problems if you can't see this,

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Had a wee purple patch but has largely been disappointing.

New CM pair required to improve.

are you serious? Ian black has been exeptional this season and is just behind kello and zal as our player of the year imo.

In your opinion.

In my opinion he has had a very poor season.

If you think Ian Black has played well this season then i think you and i have very very different standards in what is expected of a good player at our level.

Many times on here

This season included i would say Black has had MANY more poor games than he has had good games.

Drylaw Hearts

:nojustno:

black has been good overall this season. when he was very good the team was very good too. which one caused the other is probably important to the debate.

Frankenstein Jambo.

In your opinion.

In my opinion he has had a very poor season.

If you think Ian Black has played well this season then i think you and i have very very different standards in what is expected of a good player at our level.

Many times on here

This season included i would say Black has had MANY more poor games than he has had good games.

I have high standards for my players and Ian black has been one of our most consistent performers this season. I think he has put in the most MOTM performances this season.

Exactly.

Drylaw Hearts

I have high standards for my players and Ian black has been one of our most consistent performers this season. I think he has put in the most MOTM performances this season.

:lol:

This is torture.

Is there any statto's amoung us who can tell us the stats on us winning and losing this season when Black starts?

I might be wrong, but i think he does make a very positive difference.

Think he has been great this season and when he isnt there, we miss him.

Seriously? And you write that in a post where you state you have high standards for your players? :whistling:

Buffalo Bill

I don't like the term 'Black's purple patch'. To me, it's a hybrid of a wet patch and the purple-headed warrior of a black man.

Why can't Black just have had occasional good form?

Jam Tarts 1874

Black doesn't impress me at all. Perhaps if he concentrated on playing football rather than behaving like a thug he might get somewhere.

He gets caught in possession far too often, he commits too many fouls, he makes very poor decisions and can't beat any opposing player - oh but of course he is Hearts daft and gets the boot in - so everything's OK then!

:rolleyes:

Tommy Wiseau

I've slated the lad in the past, but we have looked a much weaker team when he's not been playing this season.

Still would like us to improve there for next season though.

Robbo-Jambo

Black has improved but what Sandison has said is a bit OTT. He still has a lot to prove IMO. <_<

Libertonian_II

This

Had a handful of good games in his time here. That's all.

Totally agree, not impressed with him at all.

Everytime I come on here black is getting slated. I think he has had a good season and has been one of our more consistent players.

Aberdeen and Kilmarnock game he was missed and it was noticeable the midfield have been a joke the last couple of games.

Everytime I come on here black is getting slated. I think he has had a good season and has been one of our more consistent players.

Aberdeen and Kilmarnock game he was missed and it was noticeable the midfield have been a joke the last couple of games.

The scoreboard doesn't lie. :thumbsup:

I think there is room for a black type of player in our team but i have not been impressed with him.

scott_jambo

Black compared to:

Ruben

Eggert

Stevenson

Mroweic

is exceptional.

That says more about the state of our central midfield position than Ian Black though.

Rudolf's Mate

I actually thought this thread was a wind up after the first couple of posts!

Not wanting the boy to fail but he had a purple patch as some have said but largely he has deceived with mostly his game comprising of fouling opponents..... Said it before and I'll say it again, he's a poor Brellier at best!

Jambosr1985

Its all about opinions, just read what Peanut/FF and JIG write creaming themselves at our Under 19s and me saying how it really is.................................

Apologies if posted. Some really encouraging comments for the wee man here:

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-going-back-to-Black.6731705.jp?articlepage=1

A player who's finally come good like we all hoped he would, IMO. There's hope for Barr, Stevenson etc.

It's no coincidence that he started playing a bit better when Stewart left.

Archived