Injury blow for Celtic

Shapes

My link

Celtic defender Daniel Majstorovic has been ruled out of action for up to eight weeks with a fractured toe.

That means the defender will miss the Co-operative Insurance Cup final against Rangers on 20 March.

The Swede suffered the injury to his right foot during Saturday's 2-0 league win at home over Hamilton Accies.

Thomas Rogne replaced Majstorovic at half-time in that match, and he and Glenn Loovens are candidates to partner Charlie Mulgrew at the back.

The 33-year-old stopper joined Celtic in August from AEK Athens and has only missed three games so far this season.

The former Basle player, who has represented his country 40 times, has also chipped in with two goals since his move to Glasgow as a free agent.

Majstorovic suffered another injury during the January transfer window, prompting his manager Neil Lennon to consider signing a new replacement.

However, the Swede recovered quicker than anticipated and has take part in 33 of Celtic's 38 competitive matches this term.

In recent weeks, he has been playing in the centre of defence alongside Mulgrew, who is more used to playing at full-back.

Celtic hold a five-point lead over Rangers at the top of the Scottish Premier League, although their Glasgow rivals have two games in hand.

Neil Lennon's side are also still involved in the Scottish Cup and travel to Inverenss on Sunday in the quarter-finals.

:thumbsup:

Robbo-Jambo

My link

Celtic defender Daniel Majstorovic has been ruled out of action for up to eight weeks with a fractured toe.

That means the defender will miss the Co-operative Insurance Cup final against Rangers on 20 March.

The Swede suffered the injury to his right foot during Saturday's 2-0 league win at home over Hamilton Accies.

Thomas Rogne replaced Majstorovic at half-time in that match, and he and Glenn Loovens are candidates to partner Charlie Mulgrew at the back.

The 33-year-old stopper joined Celtic in August from AEK Athens and has only missed three games so far this season.

The former Basle player, who has represented his country 40 times, has also chipped in with two goals since his move to Glasgow as a free agent.

Majstorovic suffered another injury during the January transfer window, prompting his manager Neil Lennon to consider signing a new replacement.

However, the Swede recovered quicker than anticipated and has take part in 33 of Celtic's 38 competitive matches this term.

In recent weeks, he has been playing in the centre of defence alongside Mulgrew, who is more used to playing at full-back.

Celtic hold a five-point lead over Rangers at the top of the Scottish Premier League, although their Glasgow rivals have two games in hand.

Neil Lennon's side are also still involved in the Scottish Cup and travel to Inverenss on Sunday in the quarter-finals.

:thumbsup:

Good news indeed. :thumbsup: BTW how did you manage to escape from Kirky !! :lol:

The Future's Maroon

Huge loss to them, who they going to play in central defence now?!

I was looking at lumping on them in the Final, but with this news I dont think I'll bother!

Huge loss to them, who they going to play in central defence now?!

I was looking at lumping on them in the Final, but with this news I dont think I'll bother!

Go with your initial instinct. Rangers have to WANT to get into Celtic's half before they can bother their weakened defence.

Good news indeed. :thumbsup: BTW how did you manage to escape from Kirky !! :lol:

haha how rude! There is nothing wrong with kirky!

Archived