U13's game on Sunday

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

If anyone knows any kids looking for a game we have a friendly arranged in Musselburgh on Sunday with spaces available for trialists looking to join a squad. Even if they are registered for a team but maybe unhappy and looking for a move they could play with it being a friendly only. 1998 year birth only please drop me a pm for details.

Cheers

stirlingshirejambo

If anyone knows any kids looking for a game we have a friendly arranged in Musselburgh on Sunday with spaces available for trialists looking to join a squad. Even if they are registered for a team but maybe unhappy and looking for a move they could play with it being a friendly only. 1998 year birth only please drop me a pm for details.

Cheers

Hi there

Good for you I too run a 13's team and know how hard it is to get a squad together and keeping it together.

However I think you need to be careful asking for trialists who may be signed with another team. I'm pretty sure there are strict guidelines even for training with another team while registered.

Last thing you want to do is end up getting in trouble for a seemingly innocent trial request

http://www.seryfa-online.info/notices.htm

If anyone knows any kids looking for a game we have a friendly arranged in Musselburgh on Sunday with spaces available for trialists looking to join a squad. Even if they are registered for a team :down: but maybe unhappy and looking for a move they could play with it being a friendly only. 1998 year birth only please drop me a pm for details.

OMG, i hope your not a registered offical?

No players signed with another club can train with another team, never mind playing for them.

All Friendlies need a permit from the League Secretary.

The permit ensures the game has adequate Insurance cover for the players.

Cheers

Disser Pointon

Yes I am well aware of the requirement for a permit and have already admitted that my OP was ill thought out!

Cheers

Offer still open if any U13's (not connected to a club!) want a game.

On that subject I think the rules are out of order. Whilst I appreciate that it is to stop players being poached regularly I dont think a kid should be precluded from having a trial with another club if he is unhappy at the club he is currently at, it is effectively tying them in at a very early age. Pro's and con's though I suppose.

Disser Pointon
What division are your team in? (i'm not from SYFA/ER) Just interested...

We were div 2 but recently withdrew as we lost a few boys. We are looking to recruit and rebuild through bounce games to rejoin after the summer.

Cheers

Disser Pointon

We were div 2 but had to withdraw after losing some boys. We are looking to recruit through bounce games to rejoin after the summer.

Cheers

stirlingshirejambo

We were div 2 but had to withdraw after losing some boys. We are looking to recruit through bounce games to rejoin after the summer.

Cheers

I guess there is no harm adding to this headed topic.

We are currently a 4th Division team based in South Edinburgh and if there are any unattached boys/girls born in 1998 who would like to come along to training to see if they may be interested in joining us then please feel free. We have a very small squad so players of any ability are welcome, enjoyment of playing the game and learning is far more important.

This is in no ways meant to hijack the Musselburgh player request thread, but may geographically appeal to different children or indeed ones who may wish to play at a slightly lower level.

If anyone is interested please send me a PM

Disser Pointon

Cheers

I guess there is no harm adding to this headed topic.

We are currently a 4th Division team based in South Edinburgh and if there are any unattached boys/girls born in 1998 who would like to come along to training to see if they may be interested in joining us then please feel free. We have a very small squad so players of any ability are welcome, enjoyment of playing the game and learning is far more important.

This is in no ways meant to hijack the Musselburgh player request thread, but may geographically appeal to different children or indeed ones who may wish to play at a slightly lower level.

If anyone is interested please send me a PM

We will need to rejoin at Div 4 you have to start at the bottom again!

stirlingshirejambo

We will need to rejoin at Div 4 you have to start at the bottom again!

We may well meet then if we can keep our team together and your successful in recruiting.

We only have 12 players just now so it is very tight

Disser Pointon

We may well meet then if we can keep our team together and your successful in recruiting.

We only have 12 players just now so it is very tight

2 more than us! we are borrowing and trialling players for games at the moment until we recruit but its not easy when you get to this age is it!

stirlingshirejambo

2 more than us! we are borrowing and trialling players for games at the moment until we recruit but its not easy when you get to this age is it!

We actually have 4 girls in the squad. All good technical players and at this age as strong as the boys.

It is a struggle especially at this level but the kids enjoyment is the main thing.

Disser Pointon

We actually have 4 girls in the squad. All good technical players and at this age as strong as the boys.

It is a struggle especially at this level but the kids enjoyment is the main thing.

Agree completely, we withdrew because we were struggling to compete in div 2 with the players we had lost and it was killing the boys' confidence. Now that we are playing friendlies at a lower level they are enjoying themselves again and, as a result, playing better football.

kylelauren01

Agree completely, we withdrew because we were struggling to compete in div 2 with the players we had lost and it was killing the boys' confidence. Now that we are playing friendlies at a lower level they are enjoying themselves again and, as a result, playing better football.

Just out of interest, as I am involved in 2003's football in Fife, how did you 'lose' your players. It wasn't the result of poaching by other teams was it? We lost two 6/7 year olds last season that way & it is soul destroying when parents heads are turned because a club might have the most tenuous of links to a senior club - 6 year old ffs. :angry:

Disser Pointon

Just out of interest, as I am involved in 2003's football in Fife, how did you 'lose' your players. It wasn't the result of poaching by other teams was it? We lost two 6/7 year olds last season that way & it is soul destroying when parents heads are turned because a club might have the most tenuous of links to a senior club - 6 year old ffs. :angry:

A combination of that and them having friends playing with other teams. Annoying but it goes with the territory.

stirlingshirejambo

A combination of that and them having friends playing with other teams. Annoying but it goes with the territory.

we lost 2 this week as they wanted to go to another local team their friends play with.

1 on holiday and 1 grounded :teehee: so 10 signed players for a cup semi this weekend

no trialits allowed in cup so really need try sign someone for Sunday

the joys of coaching at this level

Disser Pointon

we lost 2 this week as they wanted to go to another local team their friends play with.

1 on holiday and 1 grounded :teehee: so 10 signed players for a cup semi this weekend

no trialits allowed in cup so really need try sign someone for Sunday

the joys of coaching at this level

Good luck. If we didnt have a game arranged we could have loaned you someone on a short term contract!

Good luck. If we didnt have a game arranged we could have loaned you someone on a short term contract!

Apologies for my stupid post i mis understood what you were referring to i thought you were talking about Hearts Pro Youth under 13s.

Its tough what you are doing and with the Windsor there with 3 teams its even harder i wish i could help you and i wish you all the best its hard work trying to get a team together at that level.

Keep trying though im sure it will work out. :thumbsup:

Archived