Ridgers Impressing and Wanted

Clerry Jambo

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-Airdrie-set-to-make.6731044.jp

Get rid of Balogh or MacDonald and give the lad a chance

I'd rather leave kello in full time and let ridgers stay on loan. There's little he can learn sitting on the bench - at best - that he would be better learning getting games and training with us a couple of days a week. If he's good enough, and it looks like he might be, his time will come.

As for balogh and mcdonald, one of them should go in the summer as there's no point having 3 first team goalies.

Clerry Jambo

I'd rather leave kello in full time and let ridgers stay on loan. There's little he can learn sitting on the bench - at best - that he would be better learning getting games and training with us a couple of days a week. If he's good enough, and it looks like he might be, his time will come.

As for balogh and mcdonald, one of them should go in the summer as there's no point having 3 first team goalies.

Exactly

I wasn't meaning to slam Balogh or MacDonald by saying get rid,they are decent goalies, it would just make sense in their careers to move on and try and get top team footy.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I would say if anything long-term happend with kello - I.E Injury (touch wood) or transfer away I think Ridgers would then become his long-term replacement. Therefore, he is second in the pecking order in our goalkeeping ranks and not the fourth choice the EN say. He is only out on loan so he gets first team experience.

He has great potential and I look forward to seeing him in the first team of Hearts and future scotland number 1.

20years old is still nothing in terms of goalkeeping, I would send him back on loan and get another full season of games under his belt.

Frankenstein Jambo.

The thread title is a bit misleading. He is only wanted on loan by the same club he is playing for ATM.

mahgrassyshoes

http://sport.scotsma...make.6731044.jp

In an ideal world this would be the case, but i think, realistically, we're not going to offload one of these two until next summer. So i'd let him have another season at Airdrie then come back and look to challenge for the starting shirt. Sounding good for the future though.

Now... if only there was someone to tells us how he isn't actually any good...:ninja:

heartsfc_fan

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-Airdrie-set-to-make.6731044.jp

On a side note, have you seen what that Hobo said in the below comment bit!!

"green bIood,

09/03/2011 12:20:09

anyway, if we beat Aberdeen on Saturday, we can leapfrog Dundee United into the top 6. happy days. we be overtaking the hertz very soon.

ggtthReport Unsuitable4

green bIood,

09/03/2011 12:21:16

so you say TOTT. that doesn't mean it's true. Stack and Brown are much better than any goalie at hertz."

LOL

Patrick Bateman

The thread title is a bit misleading. He is only wanted on loan by the same club he is playing for ATM.

:vrface:

And how is that misleading? It's a grammatically correct statement.

From what I've seen Ridgers looks like a very promising player.

Clerry Jambo

Oh fur .... sake :lol:

The Treasurer

Not really.

Ridgers is impressing and he is wanted.

I'm not sure if it's possible to loan him out with a clause that he can be recalled at anytime if other keepers were injured.

This might be the best option for us and Ridgers but maybe not for Airdrie.

Excellent for the lad that he is getting on so well at Airdrie and getting important first team football which is exactly what he needs at this stage of his career. Depending on who is still here next year then I would like to see him go back there for another year on loan. By the end of that he will have moved up the pecking order and be ready to challenge for first team places. Also good to hear he is a "pleasure to work with". It sound like he has a good attitude to work hard and to better himself. Keep up the good work Mark :thumbsup:

Also notice at the bottom of the article they are saying Eggy is in both the Under 21's and Full Iceland squad for games two days apart. Does Eggys versatility know no bounds :whistling:

Johanes de Silentio

You're having a ******* nightmare this week, mate! :lol:

I thought so too. I had visions of Cardiff City or someone like that coming in with a bid. If he's doing well and enjoying Airdrie (is that possible?) then my vote would be to let him stay there for another year - as long as Kello stays with Hearts.

I'd keep Jamie Mac and get rid of Balogh who is on larger wages.

Would be good to see Ridgers get a loan deal at a first division club next season like Jamie did at QOS.

Drylaw Hearts

I'd keep Jamie Mac and get rid of Balogh who is on larger wages.

Would be good to see Ridgers get a loan deal at a first division club next season like Jamie did at QOS.

This.

It will do Ridgers career no good sitting on the bench at Hearts.

This.

It will do Ridgers career no good sitting on the bench at Hearts.

It will not. I know Jamie Mac personally and he'll tell you the exact same.

Airdrie are not getting out of Div 2. They are not even safe from relegation either so if Ridgers stays on with them then apart from the obvious playing first team football, there is no progression next season and possibly even a backward step if they went down.

Hearts should offer him out to Div 1 teams (or accept any offers from said teams for a loan move). This is the next step up for him to play at a higher level. Jamie Mac's season at QOS gave him the confidence to make the step up as an able (IMO) deputy at Hearts. Let's not forget he ended up playing a pivotal role for them and played in a scottish cup final. There are plenty players at Hearts who can't say they have done that.

Oh fur .... sake :lol:

just ignore him CJ. he's obviously cracked open a few dozen cans of fresh air again.

yes, i would be looking to get rid of balogh as i suspect he's on far more than macdonald. it would be good to get ridgers back in at hearts and fight for his place.

Jambof3tornado

I said 2 years ago that Ridgers looks as good as Craig was at the same age. We have been very lucky over the years with our keepers!

If he isn't going to play regularly at Hearts, he would be better off at Airdrie than warming the bench imo. Even if he is the second-best keeper at the club, I would prefer him to be developing by playing more - whoever we keep out of Balogh or Jamie is good enough to fill in if Kello is out for a while.

Johanes de Silentio

If he isn't going to play regularly at Hearts, he would be better off at Airdrie than warming the bench imo. Even if he is the second-best keeper at the club, I would prefer him to be developing by playing more - whoever we keep out of Balogh or Jamie is good enough to fill in if Kello is out for a while.

My concern is that his confidence might suffer if he continues at a struggling club - I'm sure he lost 5 goals in a game a couple of weeks ago? That's never good for a 'keeper's confidence.

Clerry Jambo

My concern is that his confidence might suffer if he continues at a struggling club - I'm sure he lost 5 goals in a game a couple of weeks ago? That's never good for a 'keeper's confidence.

It's a tricky one, there are good arguments on both sides.

Playing regular is certainly great experience for the lad but I think also being around better goalies and part of the first team squad will also help

Bottom line is whether JJ thinks he is ready for the next step - i hope he does as there is nothing better than seeing a young lad coming into the first team and hopefully impressing.

Have to say I'm delighted there's positive reports about him on loan there

Not so much individually, but in the sense a young player impressing & taking the chance. For me, players like him at a big club like Hearts should use these chances to impress & come back & have a chance at Hearts

JamboAberdeen

Release Balogh at the end of this season as he is out of contract anyway and on bigger wage than Jamie Mc.

Keep JM as back up, and use U19 team GK for the third GK.

And send Ridgers on loan again with recall clause just in case of Kello/JM injury.

Things sorted.

never seen him play but have been aware if his potential since the csaba era. Seems like he could turn out to be a very decent keeper.

Personally I would get rid of balogh keep macdonald as Kello's replacement for if he gets injured/suspended/sold and put ridgers back out on loan for a season. He will only improve by playing regular competitive games and he won't get that here, once Kello is inevitably sold Jj will then have to make the call on who to play. Macdonald or ridgers.

never seen him play but have been aware if his potential since the csaba era. Seems like he could turn out to be a very decent keeper.

Personally I would get rid of balogh keep macdonald as Kello's replacement for if he gets injured/suspended/sold and put ridgers back out on loan for a season. He will only improve by playing regular competitive games and he won't get that here, once Kello is inevitably sold Jj will then have to make the call on who to play. Macdonald or ridgers.

Yeah, this is the right approach. It would probably help Ridgers if JJ can get him a loan deal at division 1 or even SPL level, but even playing at Airdrie will do a lot more for him than sitting on the bench at Hearts.

rossthejambo

Release Balogh at the end of this season as he is out of contract anyway and on bigger wage than Jamie Mc.

Keep JM as back up, and use U19 team GK for the third GK.

And send Ridgers on loan again with recall clause just in case of Kello/JM injury.

Things sorted.

I'm not convinced Balogh is out of contract this season.

dkmmgcycbwc

Think I've seen the boy about 3 times and have to say on that flimsy evidence I am not over-impressed. Promising handling and reasonably commanding but not quite the athlete / gymnast you'd expect in a young top class keeper. Comparisons with CG at a similar stage are way off the mark I think. Obviously he's got time on his side and I'd expect another loan out next season unless both reserve keepers leave the club.

I know the coaching staff rate him very highly and prob see him as the future. I can't decide if we should keep or send out on loan. Merits to both. I think any loan should include a call-back clause.

One scenario, should he keep up this season's form next season, is that Kello is sold come January. There may even be teams looking at him already. I'd want ?1.5M+ for him and I don't think that's unrealistic from a Cardiff, Forest or the likes. Maybe more should a EPL club take a chance (he's been that good this season). I wonder if that's in the back of any minds when it comes to decisions on Ridgers.

Should that happen, I'd maybe hand the gloves to JMac and have Ridgers firmly installed, not as back up, but as competition.

Balogh is a decent keeper, but he's surplus the way most of us see it. Mind you, last time Kello was out, Balogh had a niggle too, hence Jamie playing (and playing well). Would've been interesting to see who would have played had Jamie and Balogh both been match fit. For me, Jamie has never let us down. Wages don't bother me. VR can worry about that - even Jim's been told not to worry about the wage bill ("It is my money, do not worry, Jim... now drink your rum").

Archived