Ref sends player off for tackling pitch invader

Boris

You have to be a complete tosser to want to be a ref in the first place, decisions like this just prove that.

Some fairy running about dodging a couple of fat stewards. The right thing to do is bring the lad DOWN!

Never a red, refs a tosser.

The ref was right to sent off the player he committed a rugby tackle on a streaker, def warranted a red card. :adminpower:

if ever there wasa situation where a player risks enticing the fans it is when he rugby tackles one. Correct decision.

Tommy Brown

You have to be a complete tosser to want to be a ref in the first place, decisions like this just prove that.

Unless tossers like me & him take up reffin' the game, we will have no game.

Referees have more backbone than keyboard hardmen :thumbsup:

SpikeDudley

Ridiculous - if I had been the manager I would have taken the whole team off the park. :verymad:

Refs want more respect.

Perhaps if they used their brains more they will get it.

In a nutshell.

Some refs are so over officious that they make arses of themselves.

For example the ref that booked Gascgoine who pretended to card the ref when he was handing back the yellow card that the ref had dropped.

Or that ref from the Barca v Arsenal game last night.

I see there are plenty of experts on this site and also on the BBC site, however I have attended the Referee's course and this such example is taught. The referee was correct according to the laws of the game. You could argue the player was making a citizen's arrest and did nothing wrong and that the sending off was petty. But as stated the referee was correct.

I see there are plenty of experts on this site and also on the BBC site, however I have attended the Referee's course and this such example is taught. The referee was correct according to the laws of the game. You could argue the player was making a citizen's arrest and did nothing wrong and that the sending off was petty. But as stated the referee was correct.

I presume if you got busted for doing 31mph in a 30 zone and got points on your licence and a fine or got a parking ticket for having a quarter of your tyre on a yellow line you would being perfectly happy as the policeman or warden would be technically correct according to the rules.

fabienleclerq

Unless tossers like me & him take up reffin' the game, we will have no game.

Referees have more backbone than keyboard hardmen :thumbsup:

I agree with the tosser! the abuse etc they have to put up with is ridiculas. Go team tosser! :teehee::thumbsup:

:Agree:

In a nutshell.

Some refs are so over officious that they make arses of themselves.

For example the ref that booked Gascgoine who pretended to card the ref when he was handing back the yellow card that the ref had dropped.

Or that ref from the Barca v Arsenal game last night.

Good example, especially given some of the things he could have been booked for and wasn't.

Bert Le Clos

Some yes, some no.

I've got a mate who's just been told he can't play football again after his second knee OP and he wants to take up refereeing to keep in the game.

There should be much more of an effort to get former pros or former semi pros, people who've played at a decent level into refereeing.

Some yes, some no.

I've got a mate who's just been told he can't play football again after his second knee OP and he wants to take up refereeing to keep in the game.

There should be much more of an effort to get former pros or former semi pros, people who've played at a decent level into refereeing.

I think that this is the crux of the refereeing problem. Too many refs have never played the game and so can't relate to what is actually going on on the pitch. Bureaucrats rather than practitioners.

I think that this is the crux of the refereeing problem. Too many refs have never played the game and so can't relate to what is actually going on on the pitch. Bureaucrats rather than practitioners.

One guesses the retirement rule contributes a huge amount to it.

I've never been on a course, but what is the point in training refs to red card when in the video clip it says that a source from the FA said they would probably be looking to quash the red card. I hate inconsistency :blink:

Archived