cant believe

shirleyjambo

shirleyjambo

cant believe it after a performance like saturdays jj has given the lads time of till thurs,shocking should have them in training extra hard to make up for sat....

Jambof3tornado

I trust JJ to know whats right for the players,and looking at a few of them on saturday they looked like they could do with a day or 2 off.

heartsfc_fan

Then again it might give them time to clear their heads and get a few injured players (wallace, webster...) more time to rest and be ready for next week.

I do not entirely agree with it myself, at least not as long as until Thursday.

However, maybe it will work.

I remember Frail's double shifts after bad games and that hardly worked.

Sterling Archer

Ah canni belive how bad this thread is.

I can't believe I agree with you. Is there really a reason this couldn't be included in the JJ thread?

JJ is the boss, and as we know a very experienced manager. He will know the players well enough to know when they need a break. Besides its not like we have a match on Saturday which we need to be preparing for. So a few days off now sounds like pretty good planning to me.

I agree with the OP. Flogging tired players into the ground when we don't have a match for 11 days is definitely the way to go.

Johanes de Silentio

cant believe it after a performance like saturdays jj has given the lads time of till thurs,shocking should have them in training extra hard to make up for sat....

I actually think it's the right thing to do.

Remember a story of how Derek O'Connor was struggling for form, and Willie Ormond told him to take a week off - O'Connor came back refreshed and scored a hat-trick!

Johanes de Silentio

JJ used to do this in his first spell to let the (in particular, overseas) lads spend some quality time with their families.

It's a good thing, imo.

Well you know what!!??

Archived