hibs v hearts

zanderrussell

zanderrussell

recently i have seen man city fans doing 'the poznan' type this in on youtube and you will see it, i reccomend we do this at easter road as it will be a good laugh.

recently i have seen man city fans doing 'the poznan' type this in on youtube and you will see it, i reccomend we do this at easter road as it will be a good laugh.

:lol: Don't think we'll be doing that.

Rangers and celtic do this. most of the folk have their backs to the game but still turn around to watch.

Dont see the point really imo

heartsfc_fan

While it does look quite impressive, I'd rather we did our own stuff :thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Don't worry it will be the hobos turning their backs on the pitch in disgust when we do them 2-0 again :thumbsup:

Should get some proper flares on the go this time, rather than that shite effort with the smoke bombs.

Should get some proper flares on the go this time, rather than that shite effort with the smoke bombs.

No doubt scotlands finest would have the bomb squad in. The way the stewards acted was hilarious! :lol:

:thumbsup:

This is what we need, and if we are having smoke bombs, no green ones this time.

No doubt scotlands finest would have the bomb squad in. The way the stewards acted was hilarious! :lol:

You'de only throw yours at jim jeffries. :D

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Without wanting to sound like I'm having a go again, I honestly don't think we've got the fans for a flare.

You'd need one person willing to take the hit of a probable ban, or you'd need to surround him by a group of Hearts fans that would block the stewards/police so the lad could try to get away. Most folk would just move right over, sadly.

I'd love a flare though. I really would.

You'de only throw yours at jim jeffries. :D

jim-jeffries.jpg

:o If I had a throw that long I'd be in the next olympics! :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Without wanting to sound like I'm having a go again, I honestly don't think we've got the fans for a flare.

You'd need one person willing to take the hit of a probable ban, or you'd need to surround him by a group of Hearts fans that would block the stewards/police so the lad could try to get away. Most folk would just move right over, sadly.

Take the hit, JMT. :thumbsup:

Has Boomstick got a ticket? :lol:

At easter road i would imagine the hibs fans to have flares with them...

Totally agree.

There's a massive overreaction to the flares by the stewards/police in this country. Whilst they look quality when you get a number of them going, and it really gets the fans up as well, it's not worth getting thrown out and maybe even banned for a while. Stupid rules, tbh.

Bottom line is, flares are cool as ****. :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

I think if tickets for football matches were about ?2.50 people might consider spending half the game facing the wrong way. However, as tickets are priced much higher than that it might not prove so popular. If you ain't going to watch the game just as well staying in the pub really.

Guest Dr. Pepper

I think if tickets for football matches were about ?2.50 people might consider spending half the game facing the wrong way. However, as tickets are priced much higher than that it might not prove so popular. If you ain't going to watch the game just as well staying in the pub really.

Cheer up. The Poznan means turning your back and groping the guys (bursd if lucky) on either side of you for not even a minute. Thought part of going to the football was supposed to be a bit of a laugh.

Although, tbf, I can understand wanting to spend the full 90 minutes assessing each player individually as well as JJs tactics so that you have enough ammo for the inevitable heated debate the next day at work about where it all went wrong in the final third of the pitch, blablabla.

zanderrussell

i was only insisting we do it for about 10 seconds, not the whole game! a flare lit and us doing this, how envious will the 12th man be?

I would recommend the hibbys doing it so they wont see us hammering them!!

zanderrussell

Cheer up. The Poznan means turning your back and groping the guys (bursd if lucky) on either side of you for not even a minute. Thought part of going to the football was supposed to be a bit of a laugh.

Although, tbf, I can understand wanting to spend the full 90 minutes assessing each player individually as well as JJs tactics so that you have enough ammo for the inevitable heated debate the next day at work about where it all went wrong in the final third of the pitch, blablabla.

i agree it would be a laugh and would probably get us on tv, worth a try.

:what:

That's a damn fine question.

Really?

You going in our group of 18 people?

FC United fans seem to have them quite a lot, and their fans love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLlQ1dsNVTo&feature=related

I really don't know what the big thing against a flare or two at a game is.

I know the obvious risks, but most people aren't idiots and would know know to properly use it. The person with the flare would surely have a look around to see there are no kids or such about. The over reaction to the smoke can was to me, quite embarrassing, and the fact that standing at games is now being frowned upon is putting us slowly into a new low where people are expected to pay ?20, sit down, shut up, stay completely quiet then go home. Arsenal fans seem to be doing it already, and people slate them for it.

I always watch videos of the likes of Besiktas fans basically setting their stadium on fire en masse, while no-one actually gets hurt doing it. Fenerbahce have set their stadium on fire (youtube Fenerbahce Crew Chants) to the point where a fire engine had to be brought on, and their fans carried on lighting flares. Red Star Belgrade set off bombs in their stadium (youtube Crvena Zvezda 130th) and the only inconvenience was the smoke blocked their view for a while.

Over here, a guy throwing a can in celebration onto a deserted part of the pitch is viewed as criminal behaviour and they're shoved out and banned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex_vkm7Fpg4&feature=fvwrel

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

FC United fans seem to have them quite a lot, and their fans love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLlQ1dsNVTo&feature=related

I really don't know what the big thing against a flare or two at a game is.

I know the obvious risks, but most people aren't idiots and would know know to properly use it. The person with the flare would surely have a look around to see there are no kids or such about. The over reaction to the smoke can was to me, quite embarrassing, and the fact that standing at games is now being frowned upon is putting us slowly into a new low where people are expected to pay ?20, sit down, shut up, stay completely quiet then go home. Arsenal fans seem to be doing it already, and people slate them for it.

I always watch videos of the likes of Besiktas fans basically setting their stadium on fire en masse, while no-one actually gets hurt doing it. Fenerbahce have set their stadium on fire (youtube Fenerbahce Crew Chants) to the point where a fire engine had to be brought on, and their fans carried on lighting flares. Red Star Belgrade set off bombs in their stadium (youtube Crvena Zvezda 130th) and the only inconvenience was the smoke blocked their view for a while.

Over here, a guy throwing a can in celebration onto a deserted part of the pitch is viewed as criminal behaviour and they're shoved out and banned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex_vkm7Fpg4&feature=fvwrel

Why would you want the stadium set on fire? :blink:

Youtube 'Bradford Stadium fire' for another video.

I'm not against flares but bombs and that? :mellow:

Why would you want the stadium set on fire? :blink:

Youtube 'Bradford Stadium fire' for another video.

I'm not against flares but bombs and that? :mellow:

I didn't mean literally set it alight, it was an exaggeration as to what it looked like. I don't want to see ANY stadium literally on fire, even Easter Road (particularly because I live near it). Also I don't want RSB style bombs either, I was just showing that they can have MASSES of bombs and flares and they go unscathed. I'm assuming the people here are only talking about one of two flares.

I already knew about the Bradford City fire, and that's different from the like of Besiktas. Bradfords was caused by the build up of rubbish under the stand, which was made of wood. As far as I know, the away end at Easter Road isn't made of wood, not a lot of stadiums are these days.

Tell you if someone lit a flare beside me I'd do my best to help them stay shielded from the Polis; unfortunately there will always be 'cotton wrapped' babys ready to give them abuse.

stirlingshirejambo

recognise that usr name from the jewel!!!!!!!!!!!!

good hibby........... maybe married to a good jambo :whistling:

recognise that usr name from the jewel!!!!!!!!!!!!

good hibby........... maybe married to a good jambo :whistling:

:lol:

Look on Facebook for him.

Activites and interests: Hoofbernian FC!

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Pretty sure that's the wrong guy. thumbsup.gif Trust me.

No friends in common, phew. :thumbsup:

The Poznan fans turned their backs on the game when their opponents scored and/or were beating them. City fans do it when they're winning. I suppose that's because after all the years of watching rubbish football they can't handle success. Either that or they're thick. Whatever the truth, I wouldn't consider turning my back because it reminds me of those hobo w****** who turned their backs on Wallace Mercer.

Zagreb fans did it at Tynie when they were setting of flares i think. So you could do it if you're setting one off, hard to see who it was but copying city, celtic or rangers- no thanks

The Poznan fans turned their backs on the game when their opponents scored and/or were beating them. City fans do it when they're winning. I suppose that's because after all the years of watching rubbish football they can't handle success. Either that or they're thick. Whatever the truth, I wouldn't consider turning my back because it reminds me of those hobo w****** who turned their backs on Wallace Mercer.

Poznan fans don't just do it when losing or conceding

Problem Officer?

Too many boring farts in our support to ever have something choreographic or atmospheric like this when some don't even want to either sing or more-so stand at important games, but rather pay 110% undivided attention to tactics and player stats so they can play the football manager on here/at work...

Poznan fans don't just do it when losing or conceding

I'm sitting with one now who says they do and they've been doing it for years. Maybe you're right though.

It looks impressive but i'd prefer to face the pitch :lol:

Maybe we should do it facing the pitch, that way we see the game :rolleyes::lol:

I'm sitting with one now who says they do and they've been doing it for years. Maybe you're right though.

Was at their game two weeks ago and they were doinh it at 0-0 about 15/20 into the game

Archived