Doom & Gloom

jambo_til_i_die

jambo_til_i_die

I have to laugh at all the over-reactions after a draw and a defeat. It's all doom and gloom.

Let's remind ourselves:

Last season :

Pld Won Drawn Lost For Against G/D Pts Red Cards Attendance

6th Hearts 38 13 9 16 35 46 -11 48 9 14,484

This season :

(so far)

3rd Hearts 28 17 4 7 41 24 +17 55 2 14,215

And if last year's table is anything to go by another 8-10 points from the next 30 will get the 3rd place and Europe.

I'm sure the only downfall from last season (average attendance) will be greater once we play the OF again and with even our discipline better than last year I think these stats put everything into perspective.

alwaysthereinspirit

Saturdays game was a home game against the team in 4th place. That alone should have been enough incentive to get the players up for it. Forget the fact that we were still in with an outside chance of splitting the OF. Hearts were crap Saturday. No doom and gloom just disapointment that they never showed up.

jambo_til_i_die

Saturdays game was a home game against the team in 4th place. That alone should have been enough incentive to get the players up for it. Forget the fact that we were still in with an outside chance of splitting the OF. Hearts were crap Saturday. No doom and gloom just disapointment that they never showed up.

I'm no less disappointed and I've been saying for a while they are back to the early-season style of football but trying to find the positives from the season on a whole. :thumbsup:

CavySlaveJambo

I'm no less disappointed and I've been saying for a while they are back to the early-season style of football but trying to find the positives from the season on a whole. :thumbsup:

Actually although the final result doesn't say it: Look at the rest of the stats. It was closer than the scoreline suggested.

Howdy Doody Jambo

That's Kilmarnock beaten us 5-0 on our home turf this season , a disgrace

The reality is that we are best of the rest so far but not good enough to win silverware this season , not even got to a semi-final in one of the cup's either

Some players show a lot of potential however a few show signs of mediocrity most of the time

We still lack a 20 goal a season man , a natural right-back and an attacking central midfielder

Another average season

Jambof3tornado

That's Kilmarnock beaten us 5-0 on our home turf this season , a disgrace

The reality is that we are best of the rest so far but not good enough to win silverware this season , not even got to a semi-final in one of the cup's either

Some players show a lot of potential however a few show signs of mediocrity most of the time

We still lack a 20 goal a season man , a natural right-back and an attacking central midfielder

Another average season

Hardly an average season and 20 goals a season players is something we can't afford and haven't had for years!

shaun.lawson

Another average season

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. :mellow:

Charlie-Brown

I think it's because Hearts have finished 3rd and 2nd so many times in the last 25 years that people now take it for granted and don't consider it worth raising their eyebrows over , even though most seasons we don't finish 3rd we finish below that averaging 4th place when you smooth out the better & worse finishing positions. I suppose maroonwon is correct in that it is an average season if you consider that in an average season we rise or fall 2 or 3 places in the SPL table. he's correct in that sense.

jambojim1986

I am delighted that we have managed to get ourselves into this position in the league. However that performance on Saturday was extremely worrying. As have our performances for the majority of 2011. The team is playing with no confidence or belief, they are unable to string simple passes together, no one is making runs off the ball apart from temps and Elliott. I'm not sure if JJ isn't motivating them enough, or the players have no ambition for the rest of this season but I won't be wasting another Saturday going to watch that anytime soon.

It's not really though is it? Fans expect the players to try, try and try until May. Hearts at the moment looks done and waiting for the summer. We all know we should be doing better, cup runs and at least trying to take the hun until the end given they are 5mins from midnight, so disappointment is to be expected.

I for one would like to think Hearts will one day mount a proper challenge against the OF, sometimes we look like putting something together but when it comes to the crunch...the investment isn't there, the bottle isn't there and the whole thing crashes and burns back to another hope for next season.

Couldn't actually care about the stats, but if from now until May I have to watch that same shower of pish as from Saturday, it will just put a damper on the whole season...like when the OF / Hibs grab a late goal to equalise...it's still a point, but feels like a loss.

I think it's because Hearts have finished 3rd and 2nd so many times in the last 25 years that people now take it for granted and don't consider it worth raising their eyebrows over , even though most seasons we don't finish 3rd we finish below that averaging 4th place when you smooth out the better & worse finishing positions. I suppose maroonwon is correct in that it is an average season if you consider that in an average season we rise or fall 2 or 3 places in the SPL table. he's correct in that sense.

I agree.

I'm completely apathetic to getting 3rd. This is our ambition, our 'natural position' as some have said.

But I'll tell you what, it's as boring as hell.

Don't get me wrong, we've had some fantastic occasions & results this season and it's been far better than before. But it really is both boring & frustratiung that this is our pinacle. No league titles, ever. We blow it in both cups these days as well. Booooooooooooooooring!

Meh to everything.

I agree.

I'm completely apathetic to getting 3rd. This is our ambition, our 'natural position' as some have said.

But I'll tell you what, it's as boring as hell.

Don't get me wrong, we've had some fantastic occasions & results this season and it's been far better than before. But it really is both boring & frustratiung that this is our pinacle. No league titles, ever. We blow it in both cups these days as well. Booooooooooooooooring!

Meh to everything.

Don't worry, your season ticket renewal will cost more and the pies will taste worse, but we'll still pull in more fans per games than Hibs :thumbsup:

Agree on 3rd...wouldn't settle for it in anything else so I honestly don't care. Cup win or title win, all that counts and should count for a football fan.

Charlie-Brown

I don't think anybody is saying 3rd is the pinnacle of our ambition or that we shouldn't strive for cup wins and even winning the league but given how much bigger Rangers & Celtic are i don't think we can realistically expect to finish any higher than 3rd in any given season and any season we do finish higher than 3rd we are doing well!

shaun.lawson

Don't worry, your season ticket renewal will cost more and the pies will taste worse, but we'll still pull in more fans per games than Hibs :thumbsup:

Agree on 3rd...wouldn't settle for it in anything else so I honestly don't care. Cup win or title win, all that counts and should count for a football fan.

There's a fair amount of what you and Craigieboy said that I agree with: and 3rd place is certainly boring, I'll give you both that. But Rootie...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/81510-jefferies/page__view__findpost__p__1900016

We are not asking for the title, just to be better than the rest in a poor league. That should not be too much to ask for surely?

Yet look what happens when we are best of the rest, and by a considerable margin. You immediately move the goalposts!

Kickback is collectively a pretty bipolar community and it's days like this where we see that trait at its most pronounced.

The seems to be a sizable number of people who think that if a season doesn't merit champagne it merits hemlock

They really need to try Prosecco

There's a fair amount of what you and Craigieboy said that I agree with: and 3rd place is certainly boring, I'll give you both that. But Rootie...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/81510-jefferies/page__view__findpost__p__1900016

Yet look what happens when we are best of the rest, and by a considerable margin. You immediately move the goalposts!

Do you bookmark these things or just search them out like a virtual hound dog? That was 2010. This is 2011. Get with the times man!

shaun.lawson

Do you bookmark these things or just search them out like a virtual hound dog? That was 2010. This is 2011. Get with the times man!

1. An elephant never forgets. :thumbsup:

2. It was earlier this season! :lol:

Clerry Jambo

I think fans look at the cups and not just league position

Being pumped oot of both cups in the first round were a major blow

J Cheever Loophole

It's not really though is it? Fans expect the players to try, try and try until May. Hearts at the moment looks done and waiting for the summer. We all know we should be doing better, cup runs and at least trying to take the hun until the end given they are 5mins from midnight, so disappointment is to be expected.

I for one would like to think Hearts will one day mount a proper challenge against the OF, sometimes we look like putting something together but when it comes to the crunch...the investment isn't there, the bottle isn't there and the whole thing crashes and burns back to another hope for next season.

Couldn't actually care about the stats, but if from now until May I have to watch that same shower of pish as from Saturday, it will just put a damper on the whole season...like when the OF / Hibs grab a late goal to equalise...it's still a point, but feels like a loss.

Ditto Rooto,We want to see fire and fight week in,week out. :angry:

1. An elephant never forgets. :thumbsup:

2. It was earlier this season! :lol:

No problem Dumbo, you keep keeping us all on our toes ;)

kennyblack'sshot

Stupid JJ for getting us third so soon in the season and not keeping it interesting for the more mentally challenged Hearts fans by keeping us at 4th for a while and then snatching third on the last day or something.

Must do better JJ!

I have to laugh at all the over-reactions after a draw and a defeat. It's all doom and gloom.

Let's remind ourselves:

Last season :

6th Hearts 38 13 9 16 35 46 -11 48 9 14,484

This season :

(so far)

3rd Hearts 28 17 4 7 41 24 +17 55 2 14,215

And if last year's table is anything to go by another 8-10 points from the next 30 will get the 3rd place and Europe.

I'm sure the only downfall from last season (average attendance) will be greater once we play the OF again and with even our discipline better than last year I think these stats put everything into perspective.

I blame Jim Jefferies. Wiining 17 games out of 28 is unacceptable or 21 positive results out of 28 if you include draws. Pash, sack um. :teehee:

Stupid JJ for getting us third so soon in the season and not keeping it interesting for the more mentally challenged Hearts fans by keeping us at 4th for a while and then snatching third on the last day or something.

Must do better JJ!

Exactly.I want us 30 points clear of the rest of the pack or JJ should get his jotters.He's ruined this season by peaking too soon.:down:

Archived