Mrowiec

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Mrowiec is basically a defensive player - we've had Eggert struggling at right-back, and many think that Craig Thomson is too wee to play there, and would be better on the right side of midfield.

Anyone fancy Mrowiec at right-back? Naw? :ninja:

Mrowiec is basically a defensive player - we've had Eggert struggling at right-back, and many think that Craig Thomson is too wee to play there, and would be better on the right side of midfield.

No - a full back position is more than just a defensive role. The problem we have is two full-backs (Lee Wallace excepted) that can't pass the ball, cross the ball, beat men, and make themselves available to join or aid the attacks, and match runs of their opponents.

The White Cockade

Never fancied Mroweic much in midfield let alone right back

Fairly limited player imo

Surprised that we have had nobody at all come through the ranks in last couple of years that could do at least the same job

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Right back where he fecking came from ?

:blink:

One of our better players this season.

Drylaw Hearts

Right Backs are no longer just defenders - they are virtually wingers due to the amount of attacking they need to do during a match and I don't think Mrowiec is good enough or mobile enough to play at RB.

scott_jambo

Right Backs are no longer just defenders - they are virtually wingers due to the amount of attacking they need to do during a match and I don't think Mrowiec is good enough or mobile enough to play at RB.

Agreed.

We have missed Mrowiec greatly recently, but this is more due to Stevenson's terrible performances.

Long term we need to find a perfect partner for Black...while I grudge spending ridiculous amounts on Bryson when Dundee United have 4 centre midfielders better than him, if that's who JJ wants then we should sign him up and sort out our centre midfield pronto.

Only a Game

:blink:

One of our better players this season.

Nonsense. Highly limited.

Looked decent when he had a partner doing the real work and all he had to was tidy up a bit but actually contributed next to nothing and these days contributes precisely nothing now that the partners have dried up.

I can name 10 better players than him in our team this season. None of which even you would be able to argue with.

Drylaw Hearts

Agreed.

We have missed Mrowiec greatly recently, but this is more due to Stevenson's terrible performances.

Long term we need to find a perfect partner for Black...while I grudge spending ridiculous amounts on Bryson when Dundee United have 4 centre midfielders better than him, if that's who JJ wants then we should sign him up and sort out our centre midfield pronto.

We need to lose Stevenson, Obua, Ruben and possibly Rudi and sign a better CM pairing with Black and Mrowiec as back-up.

scott_jambo

We need to lose Stevenson, Obua, Ruben and possibly Rudi and sign a better CM pairing with Black and Mrowiec as back-up.

Rudi is doing my head in.

Eremenko gave him a lesson in how he should be playing.

They have the same ability but Rudi looks like he has lost the desire.

Stevenson needs to go. I'l be seriously raging with JJ if he keeps Stevenson and then spends half a mill on Bryson.

Obua and Ruben are certs to go, but hats off for his performances this season to Ruben. He has dug in.

Looked decent when he had a partner doing the real work and all he had to was tidy up a bit but actually contributed next to nothing and these days contributes precisely nothing now that the partners have dried up.

I can name 10 better players than him in our team this season. None of which even you would be able to argue with.

You could maybe name 10 better players but not 10 players who have played better than him this season.

Stevenson needs to go. I'l be seriously raging with JJ if he keeps Stevenson and then spends half a mill on Bryson.

Obua and Ruben are certs to go, but hats off for his performances this season to Ruben. He has dug in.

Saturday was the first time I have questioned whether Rudi is worth another year.

Stevenson shouldn't play for us again.

Captain Lithuania

Okay then, name 10 players who play his role as efficiently and as effectively as he does.

mahgrassyshoes

Too many are games are passing him by imo.

Saturday was the first time I have questioned whether Rudi is worth another year.

Agree with all of these. Although Rudi chip in with the odd goal here and there and has the nostalgia, he really hasn't really offered enough recently. Disappointed with Stevenson, thought for a while he might make the step up, but he hasn't and isn't even showing signs of. Mrowiec had a great first half of the season but has tailed off a bit (as has a lot of the team). Still clears up well, but is finding other hearts players with his passes less and less.

EDIT: should have had this quote as well

Deans Jambo

Okay then, name 10 players who play his role as efficiently and as effectively as he does.

I re-watched the game from Saturday and he was garbage as he has been for a few matches now. We are crying out for midfielders who can hold on to the ball and make a pass. Not his game i know but when the ball is played to him it's like a hot tattie

Yes

Robbo-Jambo

Right back where he fecking came from ?

Correct. :thumbsup: The guy can neither control a ball or make a 10 yard pass when there is no one near him. Surely not too much to ask of a professional footballer even with limited ability. :blink:

Bert Le Clos

No thanks.

I like Adrian and I think he has a role to play in the team next season, but not at right back. He's not quick, can't dribble and I've never seem him cross, all of which are pre-requisites for the mordern day full back.

He's a good player at what he does, and his ability to play centre half also makes him a useful squad player. He's never going to be the player to win us games, and unfortunately we've not been great going forward recently. But it's not his fault we've been playing poorly, some Hearts fans have very short memories.

C. Thomson, Rudi, Temps and Elliott have all been far more responsible for our dip in form than Mroviec.

Only a Game

You could maybe name 10 better players but not 10 players who have played better than him this season.

Kello

Skacel

Templeton

Kyle

Black

Zaliukas

Palazuelos

Wallace

Elliott

Suso

Bouzid

Thats 11 who have consistently played better than him over the course of the season to date. Not played as often as he has in some cases and that in itself is somewhat mystifying in a couple of cases, but almost always better and certainly better overall when you evaluate their contribution. A few games apart (and it is just a few) where, fair enough, he did well in terms of making us look a bit more more solid, he's been average to gash and normally adds nothing. I cringe every time he's selected and wonder if that is really the best we can muster from the 60 odd professionals we have at the club.

Only a Game

That wasnt the point made by AP and it wasnt the point I was making either.

However

Of the perhaps 4 or 5 players who can or could play or have played the holding role, he is far and away the poorest. If your counting Stevenson as one who can play the holding role ( I'm not) then he's bottom equal.

Only a Game

1. You have to work your socks off playing in the position Rudi is currently occupying through neccessity really

2. Rudi has never been a worker

3. He is more effective coming from a wide position or linking with a full back

4. Your right about Stevenson but JJ wouldnt agree with either of us

Kello

Skacel

Templeton

Kyle

Black

Zaliukas

Palazuelos

Wallace

Elliott

Suso

Bouzid

Thats 11 who have consistently played better than him over the course of the season to date. Not played as often as he has in some cases and that in itself is somewhat mystifying in a couple of cases, but almost always better and certainly better overall when you evaluate their contribution. A few games apart (and it is just a few) where, fair enough, he did well in terms of making us look a bit more more solid, he's been average to gash and normally adds nothing. I cringe every time he's selected and wonder if that is really the best we can muster from the 60 odd professionals we have at the club.

For me ....

Black has been no better and has had more poor games than Mrowiec.

Ruben has done OK in LB but in his proper position he has been guff.

Wallace hasn't played very much and I can't remember him having a great game this season. Don't see how he can be seen to be having a better season.

Bouzid is consistently poor.

Really dunno how you can argue they have been better. He's been selected because he's a team player and at times has been crucial to the success of the system.

We're not going to agree here but that's my thoughts anyway.

I never get the mentality to write off a player because he suddenly has a few sub-standard games? Mrowiec, just like alot of the current side, has lost a bit spark in his game of late.

Earlier in the season he covered ground well, closed down the opp quickly and moved the ball quicker. His passing has been poor lately and he seems off the pace at times and too far away from play when he should be making challenges.

The squad needs to re-assert itself quickly and start thinking again. Give ourselves a good shake and get ourselves mentally and physcially more involved in games once more.

Hopefully this week and bit off will give us a chance to get some players back in after a lay off.

JamboAberdeen

No.

To be RB, he requires Thomson's forward run+crossing ability AND Eggert's aggression.

Unfortunately Adrian doesn't have neither.

I like Adrian but I think he is better suited to games against the old firm/hibs when we need a bit dog in midfield. He has had a really good season and again the usual Jkb overreaction has kicked in I see.

Anyone thinking we need to get rid of Rudi is a joke. Have a look at yourselves. The man ooozes class.

Oneneilberry

Punt him

I'm sick of hearing all this puts in a shift , does the ugly stuff,breaks up play

Any player should be able to have basic skills to supplement hard work he doesn't

He's gash end off!!!

Libertonian_II

Don't fancy him anywhere TBH

He might look the biz when we're doing ok, but when the going gets tough, don't ask Adrian to make the difference.

At best, he be cover for central defence

Johanes de Silentio

Don't fancy him anywhere TBH

He might look the biz when we're doing ok, but when the going gets tough, don't ask Adrian to make the difference.

At best, he be cover for central defence

I think he's basically a centre half, tbh - I'm now starting to see Eggert as a centre back too. :ninja:

Maybe JJ should make a right-back a priority during the Summer?

I do like Craig Thomson, but he might be too wee to play right back.

Only a Game

For me ....

Black has been no better and has had more poor games than Mrowiec.

Ruben has done OK in LB but in his proper position he has been guff.

Wallace hasn't played very much and I can't remember him having a great game this season. Don't see how he can be seen to be having a better season.

Bouzid is consistently poor.

Really dunno how you can argue they have been better. He's been selected because he's a team player and at times has been crucial to the success of the system.

We're not going to agree here but that's my thoughts anyway.

But you'd agree obviously that the other 7 players I mentioned have been better than Mroweic ?

Libertonian_II

I think he's basically a centre half, tbh - I'm now starting to see Eggert as a centre back too. :ninja:

Maybe JJ should make a right-back a priority during the Summer?

I do like Craig Thomson, but he might be too wee to play right back.

EJ is probably more CH than anything else, although he'd be in a long queue. RB is most definately a priority, along with central midfield. As for CT, he is still young, but I'm not holding my breath....

But you'd agree obviously that the other 7 players I mentioned have been better than Mroweic ?

Kello, Kyle and Zaliukas have certainly had better seasons.

The rest have been very patchy. Temps and Skacel in particular have only had a handful of good games.

So I wouldn't be sending him 'right back where he fecking came from'. :rolleyes:

Only a Game

Kello, Kyle and Zaliukas have certainly had better seasons.

The rest have been very patchy. Temps and Skacel in particular have only had a handful of good games.

So I wouldn't be sending him 'right back where he fecking came from'. :rolleyes:

Okay we're never going to resolve this whilst you rate Mroweic alongside the likes of Templeton and Skacel.

He's a weak player playing in a position we are weak in. He got away with it for a while because he was playing with decent partners most of the time (Black was streets ahead of him when they partnered each other), in a team that was winning. Now he's been seriously found out. If we cant do better than him in the summer I despair.

scott_jambo

Okay we're never going to resolve this whilst you rate Mroweic alongside the likes of Templeton and Skacel.

He's a weak player playing in a position we are weak in. He got away with it for a while because he was playing with decent partners most of the time (Black was streets ahead of him when they partnered each other), in a team that was winning. Now he's been seriously found out. If we cant do better than him in the summer I despair.

:rofl:

dramaqueen.gif

rossthejambo

Don't agree with this at all. Mrowiec plays a different role to Black, he makes the tackles, Black makes the passes. When he's playing alongside someone who neither has the aggression or the passing ability to perform at this level of course he's going to look poor. The last two games he's had to play the position on his own almost as Stevenson has been bleeding anonymous.

If there's one player who should be released it's Stevenson, not Mrowiec. I'm not saying he's a world beater because he's clearly not. He's not comfortable enough on the ball IMO to be a long term solution for that position but for now, he does a good job when alongside a half decent player.

Archived