Any DJs out there?

S2H

I've got about 2000 rekkids.

Here by my collection...

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=cosanostrakriminal

It's about 50% techno/electro, 40%hiphop and 10%jungle/rave/grime/dubstep/breakcore

I'm not a big one for trance, house or prog or any of that sort of stuff. I'm also not too sure what hard dance and hardstyle are but i gather they are quite popular in Engerlund. Are they they same as hard house?

pretty much yeah. Hard dance is kinda the latest incarnation of hard house...never understood why the name changed!! lol

pretty much yeah. Hard dance is kinda the latest incarnation of hard house...never understood why the name changed!! lol

I figured as much. I listened to a tune on juno once that was hard dance and it had snares on the 4x4, was pretty heavy but was far too cheesy/ trancey sounding to be described at techno.

Bordeaux 03

I've always found hard house really boring and monotomous, but I'm a big fan of hardstyle as its not as hard as hardcore and but is a harder genre than hard trance so you get best of both.

I'm not sure if i know a lot about the electro scene but it seems to me that people are more interested in the fashion than the music.

I've always found hard house really boring and monotomous, but I'm a big fan of hardstyle as its not as hard as hardcore and but is a harder genre than hard trance so you get best of both.

I'm not sure if i know a lot about the electro scene but it seems to me that people are more interested in the fashion than the music.

That's the current electro house / french scene which is ultra fashionable at the moment. Ed Banger, Tacteel, Surkin, Mehdi, Sebastien etc is what the cool kids are into. That's different from electro though.

That's the current electro house / french scene which is ultra fashionable at the moment. Ed Banger, Tacteel, Surkin, Mehdi, Sebastien etc is what the cool kids are into. That's different from electro though.

Truly horrible stuff.

Truly horrible stuff.

I actually quite like some of it.

Some of the earlier French filter stuff is excellent. I rate Mr Oizo, I like Kazey and Bulldog and I love the 1st Daft Punk Lp. I just think it's all gotten a bit samey. They seem to have found one bass noise and given it all of their mates and made track after track of quirky, electro-house that all sounds exactly the same.

Like most genres, theres 99% crap but a few gems in there to be found.

Archived