callum elliot

bankies

don't know if this has been posted already but callum elliot won't play for the under 21's tonight due to a virus check the website for details p.s. don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing i will let everybody decide

Drew Busby !
don't know if this has been posted already but callum elliot won't play for the under 21's tonight due to a virus check the website for details p.s. don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing i will let everybody decide

Poor virus, hope its OK.

JamboFamily

maybe the same reason why rangers took there players out full squad!big game sat!!:mw_rolleyes:or frail needs his star man

bad thing imo. a goal for Scotland could really have brought his confidence

Yeah right like the two he scored against ICT then nothing since.I think this confidence thing is nonsense the guy is just ****e.If it is a confidence thing well he has been short of it for two seasons now.

Was he even a goal machine at youth level ?

Will you stop it!! Ma sides canny handle anymore.:P

Drew Busby !

Dunno about that RMS ... his two doubles this season should have been similar confidence builders. Or to put it another way, in addition to confidence, what Clum needs is ability.

And so he might gain confidence, but ability ???

Yeah right like the two he scored against ICT then nothing since.I think this confidence thing is nonsense the guy is just ****e.If it is a confidence thing well he has been short of it for two seasons now.

I agree. It was not lack of confidence that made the only shot he had last Saturday go out for a throw-in...

Thats my thinking. Whether we like it or not Elliot is our no.9 right now.:eek:

Also any Hearts player representing their country is good.

The thing I think this remind us of, although I'm not his greatest fan, is the fact that Elliot is still under 21. He has bee around for a while so I think at times we tend to forget how young he is.

loveofthegame

Then nothing since?! Its only been 2 games!

2 games which included 1 on Sat where he was given absolutely no supply whatsoever and played upfront alone.

Also note in both games the whole team was very poor.

Here's hoping that out of all the "fake" injuries and illnesses going about just now to keep players out the Scotland team, that this one is actually real enough to not only keep him out the Scotland team, but also the Hearts squad on Saturday too.

I agree. It was not lack of confidence that made the only shot he had last Saturday go out for a throw-in...

Anderson of Manchester United had a poorer shot against Liverpool which went out for a throwin further from the goal line than Elliot's. What is taking an isolated example like that supposed to prove?

2 games which included 1 on Sat where he was given absolutely no supply whatsoever and played upfront alone.

Two games where we needed goals.Another excuse used solely for Hearts players played up front on his own.Plenty of other strikers play up top on there own and manage to create chances and score.

"No supply" ??? More like NOT making runs into open spaces to make himself available for a pass!

Yes the team is very poor and Clum is a big contributary factor!

Two games where we needed goals.Another excuse used solely for Hearts players played up front on his own.Plenty of other strikers play up top on there own and manage to create chances and score.

He scored 2 and worked well with Nade as part of a pair at Inverness. He brought a great save out of the St Mirren goalkeeper when Mole set him up in Paisley.

His game has been better in the last couple of months when he has played as part of a pair up front.

On Saturday he was the front striker - a position I think he is unsuited for - and for the most part his 'strike partner' was No 29. Not surprising that he had a poor game.

He scored 2 and worked well with Nade as part of a pair at Inverness. He brought a great save out of the St Mirren goalkeeper when Mole set him up in Paisley.

His game has been better in the last couple of months when he has played as part of a pair up front.

On Saturday he was the front striker - a position I think he is unsuited for - and for the most part his 'strike partner' was No 29. Not surprising that he had a poor game.

So do you really think he has it in him to be a good goalscorer.Is there any real evidence out there to back this up.Was his goalscoring good in the reserves and U19'S before making the step up to the top team.Or has he always just been a grafter ?

Anderson of Manchester United had a poorer shot against Liverpool which went out for a throwin further from the goal line than Elliot's. What is taking an isolated example like that supposed to prove?

Er the fact that it was an isolated example because it was the only shot he had....

I could of course mention that he cannot head a ball, has no pace let alone a change of pace, failed to bother to make a run into the box on the one occasion that one of our wingers was able to get in behind the Falkirk defence, is positively dangerous in the tackle, spends most of his time moaning about not getting decisions from referees, and that over the course of his career, in first team games he has a strike rate of 1 goal per 9 games, less if you factor in that he?s scored 3 doubles and one of those in extra time against first division opposition...

Toxteth O'Grady

A good thing, hopefully Shaggy will catch it too.

The game against Kilmarnock summed up Elloit for me.

We were better with 10 men

So do you really think he has it in him to be a good goalscorer.Is there any real evidence out there to back this up.Was his goalscoring good in the reserves and U19'S before making the step up to the top team.Or has he always just been a grafter ?

No I don't think he would ever be a good goalscorer (15-20 in the SPL per season). Watching him warm up and he rarely hits the target - even into an open net. I think he tries to put too much action on the ball when he hits it too.

I like his workrate and I think he has a future playing off a striker. I think the criticism of him on this site is unfair. Just to make one point - he has never had a settled partnership with anyone up front due to the preposterous rotation system.

It all comes down to what the team are trying to do. If all Hearts can afford to be is a mid SPL team then he will be fine to have in the squad. If we want to push for 3rd again then he needs to step up a level or be discarded.

He was rated as the best player of his age in Edinburgh whilst coming up through the schoolboy ranks (better than Fletcher or Wallace, for example), so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt...

No I don't think he would ever be a good goalscorer (15-20 in the SPL per season). Watching him warm up and he rarely hits the target - even into an open net. I think he tries to put too much action on the ball when he hits it too.

I like his workrate and I think he has a future playing off a striker. I think the criticism of him on this site is unfair. Just to make one point - he has never had a settled partnership with anyone up front due to the preposterous rotation system.

It all comes down to what the team are trying to do. If all Hearts can afford to be is a mid SPL team then he will be fine to have in the squad. If we want to push for 3rd again then he needs to step up a level or be discarded.

So to sum that all up he's ****e,but we are stuck with him.

He was rated as the best player of his age in Edinburgh whilst coming up through the schoolboy ranks (better than Fletcher or Wallace, for example), so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt...

Don?t you think it a bad sign that he?s only 19 or 20 yet even though who support him speak of him like his best days are behind him?

But that's the point he is NOT a grafter!

I thought his work rate on Saturday was abysmal - made no attempt to win a ball in the air, and I can't remember one time that he made a decent run into space.

As usual all we got was Clum shambling about like torn faced Kevin (aka Harry Enfield) grumping at the referee and team mates!

Er the fact that it was an isolated example because it was the only shot he had....

I could of course mention that he cannot head a ball, has no pace let alone a change of pace, failed to bother to make a run into the box on the one occasion that one of our wingers was able to get in behind the Falkirk defence, is positively dangerous in the tackle, spends most of his time moaning about not getting decisions from referees, and that over the course of his career, in first team games he has a strike rate of 1 goal per 9 games, less if you factor in that he?s scored 3 doubles and one of those in extra time against first division opposition...

This is true. I do not believe he has the ability - he has had plenty chances with us and Motherwell and failed. The odd double once every year or so (one, as above in ET against a lower league side) is very poor. We keep hearing he has ability, but he never shows it, indeed he seems to show he has no ability.

It is not confidence, if he lacks it that much, he is in the wrong profession. It is not his age, we have been told he is a youngster for ages now, he is young, but not that young from a footballing point of view. He seems to be going backwards.

Sorry to correct you mate, but Clum did have another shot in the 1st half - where the dummy chose to shoot from 30 yards when Kingston was wide open for a free run in on goal!

But that's the point he is NOT a grafter!

I thought his work rate on Saturday was abysmal - made no attempt to win a ball in the air, and I can't remember one time that he made a decent run into space.

As usual all we got was Clum shambling about like torn faced Kevin (aka Harry Enfield) grumping at the referee and team mates!

I was trying to cut him a little bit of slack.More huffing and hawing i should have said.

CASE CLOSED! ;)

So to sum that all up he's ****e,but we are stuck with him.

We have offloaded our better strikers in Jankauskas, Bednar, Pospisil and Velicka. Pinilla has the ability but is not interested. Nade's conditioning is a disgrace. Beniusis was clearly not good enough. And Mole/Glen are very young.

So currently Elliot is amongst the best we have. Personally I would pull him out of the firing line and play Mole/Makela next Saturday.

Evidence of this please?

CASE CLOSED! ;)

I remember a game against Dundee United I think early in the Burley days.

Jankauskas/Bednar/Pospisil were absolutely hammering the ball into the back of the net in their warm ups.

Watching the likes of Elliot/Velicka/Beniusis this year has been pretty laughable:)

This is true. I do not believe he has the ability - he has had plenty chances with us and Motherwell and failed. The odd double once every year or so (one, as above in ET against a lower league side) is very poor. We keep hearing he has ability, but he never shows it, indeed he seems to show he has no ability.

It is not confidence, if he lacks it that much, he is in the wrong profession. It is not his age, we have been told he is a youngster for ages now, he is young, but not that young from a footballing point of view. He seems to be going backwards.

Indeed. He has had more chances than any other young player who has proved ineffective, even Graeme Weir (I suspect)!

It irritates me that we have other young strikers who must be crying into their pillows at night that Elliot keeps getting a game - Give others just some of the chances Elliot is getting and we have a far better chance of unleashing a gem.

Frail must be getting fed up giving this lad the comfort talk every single week.The arm round the shoulder telling him it will be alright Calum things will get better next week,or the next or the next or the next.

loveofthegame
"No supply" ??? More like NOT making runs into open spaces to make himself available for a pass!

Yes the team is very poor and Clum is a big contributary factor!

His runs, in the 1st half in particular, were good on Sat. As was his touch and holding up off the ball. Unfortunately our wide men and attacking midfielder gave him nothing in terms of support.

However i do agree that some strikers can play the lone role, but they are usually worth a hell of a lot of money and playing for much better teams than Hearts.

Elliot proved against ICT that if given service and playing upfront with someone with a bit of ability(ie Nade or in the Burley season Bednar/Jankauskas) he knows where the goal is

Frail must be getting fed up giving this lad the comfort talk every single week.The arm round the shoulder telling him it will be alright Calum things will get better next week,or the next or the next or the next.

The "comforting cuddle" that bugged me was the one Frail gave to Clum when he walked off the pitch against Killie - he should have kicked his er$e for being so stupid and leaving his team short handed!!

I don't think he will end up with us looking back on him as being a good player for Hearts. But he has been mismanaged.

Sorry to correct you mate, but Clum did have another shot in the 1st half - where the dummy chose to shoot from 30 yards when Kingston was wide open for a free run in on goal!

OK now I?m just frustrated. You?ve made a valid point that both counters and supports my argument...I don?t know how to respond! :confused::)

His runs, in the 1st half in particular, were good on Sat. As was his touch and holding up off the ball. Unfortunately our wide men and attacking midfielder gave him nothing in terms of support.

However i do agree that some strikers can play the lone role, but they are usually worth a hell of a lot of money and playing for much better teams than Hearts.

Elliot proved against ICT that if given service and playing upfront with someone with a bit of ability(ie Nade or in the Burley season Bednar/Jankauskas) he knows where the goal is

"Runs"??? What runs???

Stephane Adam made "good" runs - I was at the game and all I saw was Clum wandering about dragging his feet in a permanent huff!

Honestly reading some of this pish about Elliot does my head in - Didier Drogba couldn't have done a job up front for Hearts on Sat.

Yes Elliot has been poor this season but then so has everyone else! We all no he has no pace and is poor in the air thats a given. but when he has played with Nade his movement has been good and so has his linkup play.

He will never be a 20 gaol a season man but he is miles, absolutely miles away from being the worst player in this Hearts squad and the slating he gets is a nonsense.

Looking at Saturday's game in particular there is one main reason for the performance level and that was the fantastic tactic of not pressing the ball high up the pitch and not letting Stewart and Ruben make any forward runs. Couple this with Ksanavicious performance and we had a very ineffective midfield three. There were times in the first half when Elliot managed to get the ball down and not a soul was near him.

If these were Frail's tactics then he really should just go.

Honestly reading some of this pish about Elliot does my head in - Didier Drogba couldn't have done a job up front for Hearts on Sat.

Yes Elliot has been poor this season but then so has everyone else! We all no he has no pace and is poor in the air thats a given. but when he has played with Nade his movement has been good and so has his linkup play.

He will never be a 20 gaol a season man but he is miles, absolutely miles away from being the worst player in this Hearts squad and the slating he gets is a nonsense.

Looking at Saturday's game in particular there is one main reason for the performance level and that was the fantastic tactic of not pressing the ball high up the pitch and not letting Stewart and Ruben make any forward runs. Couple this with Ksanavicious performance and we had a very ineffective midfield three. There were times in the first half when Elliot managed to get the ball down and not a soul was near him.

If these were Frail's tactics then he really should just go.

Reading YOUR post - I agree!!!:rolleyes:

Colonel Kurtz

Is forgetting your pasport a virus

Archived