CD player troubles.

Ivan Drago

My CD player has decided to stop playing CD's, any geeks out there know if i can fix it? Or if i'll just have to get a new one or get it repaired?

Sometimes it will play the CD, but just sort of turn itself off after a couple o songs, all the other functions like radio etc work though.

My CD player has decided to stop playing CD's, any geeks out there know if i can fix it? Or if i'll just have to get a new one or get it repaired?

Sometimes it will play the CD, but just sort of turn itself off after a couple o songs, all the other functions like radio etc work though.

It's not worth fixing cd players unless they are serious high end components.

If it's still covered by warranty, contact the company, if not - buy a new one.

I saw a cool one in Currys.

Had a 7" screen with dvd player and freeview.

Mines knackered too (High impact issue on the volume control:p) So I'm looking at that.

Have you tried a CD cleaner, my player was doing the same as yours, I bought one of these CD cleaner things from HMV and after I played that, it was working fine!

It's not worth fixing cd players unless they are serious high end components.

If it's still covered by warranty, contact the company, if not - buy a new one.

lol, it plays minidiscs, thats how old it is!! :P

Have you tried a CD cleaner, my player was doing the same as yours, I bought one of these CD cleaner things from HMV and after I played that, it was working fine!

how much roughly? might give that a bash

Nelly Terraces

on another note, my remote for the one in my bedroom just stopped working for no reason, change the batteries, still nowt. take it it'll just be the remote and not the cd player/digital radio (it's a combo), as they both work from the player itself?

thanks.

on another note, my remote for the one in my bedroom just stopped working for no reason, change the batteries, still nowt. take it it'll just be the remote and not the cd player/digital radio (it's a combo), as they both work from the player itself?

thanks.

Have you checked the infra red sender on the remote and the receiver bit on the stereo? If it is covered or obscured by anything this may be a reason for non-workage...

Have you checked the infra red sender on the remote and the receiver bit on the stereo? If it is covered or obscured by anything this may be a reason for non-workage...

:laugh:

My remote is poor too, but thats through over use. The volume buttons are a bit temperamental.

lol, it plays minidiscs, thats how old it is!! :P

Is it a hifi system? Mini-discs were ace but i think their time has passed.

Was having a quick look on web and i saw this, looks like a reasonable deal.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3342

Seperates are obviously best and this looks like pretty good value.

Is it a hifi system? Mini-discs were ace but i think their time has passed.

Was having a quick look on web and i saw this, looks like a reasonable deal.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3342

Seperates are obviously best and this looks like pretty good value.

aye its just a Sony all in one kinda thing. Mini discs were the bomb, however they went out of date pretty quickly as soon as MP3s became the rage.

That one you posted looks pretty sexy likes....

how much roughly? might give that a bash

I think they are about a fiver tops! It is just a CD you put in which has a few wee brushes on it and cleans the laser I think. You should be able to get them from any Music or electrical shops.

I think they are about a fiver tops! It is just a CD you put in which has a few wee brushes on it and cleans the laser I think. You should be able to get them from any Music or electrical shops.

cool, i'll prob give that a bash then.

cheers.

cool, i'll prob give that a bash then.

cheers.

Has to be worth a try.

If you hear the whirring sound and then a slipping sound like the thing is trying and failing to play, that's probably the laser being donald ducked and a new cd player needed.

Archived