Zander Diamond (Merged Threads)

RoyCropper

Story up this way again suggesting this oaf is signing for us and has signed a pre contract. This being part of the reason he never played yesterday.

Played 3 times in a week for Aberdeen then "went over his ankle" on Friday. Read what you like into it but just passing on what im hearing.

This just wont go away. I hope to god this isnt true. :unsure:

I don't like him as a human being, but I don't think he is that bad a football player.

Let's face it, if he can bring back Webster, signing Diamond would be straightforward in comparison.

he cant be any worse then darren barr? , can he :unsure:

I genuinely forget that Darren Barr is at Hearts at times.

Re Diamond, I'd like to think Jefferies sees him for the poor to average player he is and has on intention of signing him.

In terms of the good looks of the squad it would be a disaster(KK an exception :ermm: ..sorry big man!).

In terms of ability it would be catastrophic...he's rotten!

Nelly Terraces

he's guff. we'd have won yesterday had he been playing.

Spot on. I was gutted when I heard he wasn't playing.

Would possibly be the worst/most unwelcome signing for Hearts in my lifetime. Prepare the burning torches.

Spot on. I was gutted when I heard he wasn't playing.

Would possibly be the worst/most unwelcome signing for Hearts in my lifetime. Prepare the burning torches.

Erased Brian Hamilton from your memory mate ? :D

Johanes de Silentio

Erased Brian Hamilton from your memory mate ? :D

Brian Hamilton - ?265,000 we gave the Hobos for him! :verymad:

******* Tommy McLean! :verymad:

Hope it's not true about Diamond signing for us, but if he does, he'll need to have our support just like any other Hearts player. :ninja:

Drylaw Hearts

The Rangers fans seem to think so.

Really ?

Last season he was nominated for POTY - not bad for someone who's ''always injured''.

Walter Bishop

The Rangers fans seem to think so.

Webster was on major appearance money as part of his contract at Rangers hence his lack of games.

Really ?

Last season he was nominated for POTY - not bad for someone who's ''always injured''.

He sure was, DH - he sure was.

Still, some can read their tabloid filth and believe what they want.

thumbsup.gif

Really ?

I must have missed that the Rangers fans nominated him for PoY, or even the Wigan fans.

Johanes de Silentio

I must have missed that the Rangers fans nominated him for PoY, or even the Wigan fans.

You didn't miss that, because that never happened.

What did happen was that Webster was nominated as POTY while at Dundee Utd - DUNDEE UNITED.

Surprised you missed that.

Drylaw Hearts

There wasn't much chance of him being voted POTY for Wigan JamboAl - he left them 3 years ago.

Wakey Wakey.

There wasn't much chance of him being voted POTY for Wigan JamboAl - he left them 3 years ago.

Wakey Wakey.

Well I still missed him being voted PoY by Rangers fans and last season finished 9 months ago. How many games has he played this this season?

Well I still missed him being voted PoY by Rangers fans and last season finished 9 months ago. How many games has he played this this season?

What are you actually arguing about, Al?

He players a shit load of games for United last term, was POTY and Captained a Scottish Cup winning side.

**** knows what happened at Rangers - but their loss is our gain.

Drylaw Hearts

He didn't play for Rangers last season JamboAl.

Maybe you should ask fans of Dundee Utd their opinion on Webster instead of listening to those Rangers fans you mentioned earlier.

Or....

Judge for yourself.

Webster is a good player.

Diamond isn't.

Nobody is a good player if they're always injured.

About 200 games for Hearts?

I must have imagined that.

Charlie-Brown

Given Webster's injury history since leaving Hearts people must be at least a tad concerned that he walked off the pitch apparently injured yesterday after less than 1.5 games for us - hopefully it proves to be nothing serious or recurring but there must be a wee voice or niggling doubt somewhere that says "oh oh here we go again.."

Given Webster's injury history since leaving Hearts people must be at least a tad concerned that he walked off the pitch apparently injured yesterday after less than 1.5 games for us - hopefully it proves to be nothing serious or recurring but there must be a wee voice or niggling doubt somewhere that says "oh oh here we go again.."

Drylaw Hearts

My reaction to Webster going off was the same as when Wallace limped off last week.

These things happen but it doesn't look serious - just more of a niggle.

Charlie-Brown

Ah of course he played at Hamilton, still hardly much better is it - it's not as if he was obviously crocked or hurt in a hard challenge etc. Innocuous is the word that springs to mind?

Who knows, Charles? It could just be a tweak or a sign of a lack of match fitness.

Webster is a player who doesn't rely on super fitness anyway, such is his comfort level in the SPL.

Like Rudi Skacel, he only needs to be able to 'operate' to do well in this league.

Archived