Ticket query

swanseajack

Hi folks, just a couple of questions. There are 5 of us coming up to Edinburgh next weekend and we are hoping to get to the Kilmarnock match.

1. What is the situation with tickets? Can we pick them up on the day or is it better to book them in advance?

2. Where's the best seats for atmosphere?

3. Any recommendations for a pre/post match pint?

It's been a good few years since I've been to Tynecastle so really looking forward to it, thanks in advance for any replies...

Buy them on the day.

Section N or G.

Pin,t christ knows now Robbos has shut, anyone???

Caley Sample Room has a more refined class of drinker...and some good beer. :)

Doubt you'll have any problems getting tickets on the day however prob best to go to the ticket office before 1pm as it can get quite busy after then and you may be queueing for a while. Diggers has a good selection of beers. Section G is good for atmosphere although I woukd say anywhere in the wheatfield stand is good for atmosphere. Just don't get a ticket in the Gorgie Road stand. Families and our quieter fans occupy that stand :)

Doubt you'll have any problems getting tickets on the day however prob best to go to the ticket office before 1pm as it can get quite busy after then and you may be queueing for a while. Diggers has a good selection of beers. Section G is good for atmosphere although I woukd say anywhere in the wheatfield stand is good for atmosphere. Just don't get a ticket in the Gorgie Road stand. Families and our quieter fans occupy that stand :)

You've never sat in A or C then.

Cheers for the replies, been to Diggers a few times before but couldn't for the life of me remember the name. That'll do nicely. As for the atmosphere, just good to have a bit of banter at a match.

Nice to know where to go, nothing against the quieter fans and family sections but I can't stand being stuck there at the Liberty Stadium and didn't fancy ending up there when we come up.

Thanks again...

Cheers for the replies, been to Diggers a few times before but couldn't for the life of me remember the name. That'll do nicely. As for the atmosphere, just good to have a bit of banter at a match.

Nice to know where to go, nothing against the quieter fans and family sections but I can't stand being stuck there at the Liberty Stadium and didn't fancy ending up there when we come up.

Thanks again...

How easy is it to get tickets for the liberty? Visit family a bit in Port Talbot and would love to take in a swansea game. I understand now there doing so well it will be a lot harder to get tickets

Definitely get tickets for upper G mate, because the club aren't selling tickets for N lower for this game. Great view from up there, plus a decent atmosphere :thumbsup:

How easy is it to get tickets for the liberty? Visit family a bit in Port Talbot and would love to take in a swansea game. I understand now there doing so well it will be a lot harder to get tickets

Usually not too difficult, all depends who we are playing. Worth booking online or calling the ticket office (08700 400 004) in advance to get decent seats. East stand is good for atmosphere or the West stand, both good for the view of the pitch. South stand is the family section.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=SWANSEAFC&organ_val=22377&schedule=list

An easier way is just to register for tickets on Hearts official website,select where you want to sit,pay and print them off yourself. Saves on admin fees and queuing. :thumbsup:

Usually not too difficult, all depends who we are playing. Worth booking online or calling the ticket office (08700 400 004) in advance to get decent seats. East stand is good for atmosphere or the West stand, both good for the view of the pitch. South stand is the family section.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=SWANSEAFC&organ_val=22377&schedule=list

Cheers :thumbsup:

For good old fashioned 'atmosphere' i would recommend seats in the Main Stand, if by atmosphere you mean a wee song sung by a few after a goal, head for 'N' (enclosure) or 'G'(Wheatfield).

Captain Lithuania

For good old fashioned 'atmosphere' i would recommend seats in the Main Stand, if by atmosphere you mean a wee song sung by a few after a goal, head for 'N' (enclosure) or 'G'(Wheatfield).

:yucky:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Hi folks, just a couple of questions. There are 5 of us coming up to Edinburgh next weekend and we are hoping to get to the Kilmarnock match.

1. What is the situation with tickets? Can we pick them up on the day or is it better to book them in advance?

2. Where's the best seats for atmosphere?

3. Any recommendations for a pre/post match pint?

It's been a good few years since I've been to Tynecastle so really looking forward to it, thanks in advance for any replies...

What team are you supporting ?

What team are you supporting ?

We'll be up supporting Hearts, used to go to a couple of games a year when I was a boy but don't get up to Edinburgh as much these days. Memory is a bit hazy but the last game I saw at Tynecastle, Hearts won 1-0 in a league cup game after extra time, against Clydebank maybe? Around 17 years ago?

Looking forward to it, be nice to see how Tynecastle has changed as the last few times I've been up have either been in the summer or Hearts are away...

We'll be up supporting Hearts, used to go to a couple of games a year when I was a boy but don't get up to Edinburgh as much these days. Memory is a bit hazy but the last game I saw at Tynecastle, Hearts won 1-0 in a league cup game after extra time, against Clydebank maybe? Around 17 years ago?

Looking forward to it, be nice to see how Tynecastle has changed as the last few times I've been up have either been in the summer or Hearts are away...

What's wrong with away games??

If you don't fancy factoring in some time hanging around the ticket office it might be worthwhile just buying them online. You print them off and they'll just scan you in at the turnstiles, easy peasy.

Nice to hear that you're making a visit to Tynie part of your weekend away too - it'd be great if more people did that. thumbsup.gif

The People's Chimp

+ 1 for the main stand.

Thanks again...

Not sure the Diggers is actually called the Diggers.

It's real name used to be the Athletic Arms, although everyone referred to it as the Diggers. They may have changed the name outside in recent years to reflect that. Anyone know?

Not sure the Diggers is actually called the Diggers.

It's real name used to be the Athletic Arms, although everyone referred to it as the Diggers. They may have changed the name outside in recent years to reflect that. Anyone know?

Both names are up, but it's still called the athletic arms officially.

Everyone since I grew up in Edinburgh refers to it as the diggers as far as i'm aware.

Both names are up, but it's still called the athletic arms officially.

Everyone since I grew up in Edinburgh refers to it as the diggers as far as i'm aware.

Thanks, I was just thinking that it might be a bit confusing for out of towners if they were looking for a pub name that didn't actually exist!!

Doctor FinnBarr

What's wrong with away games??

Much better mate IMO, we can belt out loads of sectarian bile!

:down:

PS. Blue is the colour

Thanks again for the advice. Really looking forward to it now, cheers. With regards to away games, normally we would be off to Scunthorpe at the weekend but I need to visit Edinburgh to see family, when I mentioned it in the local pub, a few of the lads decided they wouldn't mind a weekend away and it snowballed from there. Even planned it so that Hearts were home when we come up.

We shouldn't be hard to spot, we'll be the ones with the Swansea City gnome who goes to our away games with us... Don't ask!

Buy them on the day.

Section N or G.

Pin,t christ knows now Robbos has shut, anyone???

Can you buy tickets for Section N now? Thought Hearts banned individual sales after a bit of bother against the Huns last year?

Can you buy tickets for Section N now? Thought Hearts banned individual sales after a bit of bother against the Huns last year?

You can definately still buy N upper tickets, not so sure about the lower ones though.

Thanks again for the advice. Really looking forward to it now, cheers. With regards to away games, normally we would be off to Scunthorpe at the weekend but I need to visit Edinburgh to see family, when I mentioned it in the local pub, a few of the lads decided they wouldn't mind a weekend away and it snowballed from there. Even planned it so that Hearts were home when we come up.

We shouldn't be hard to spot, we'll be the ones with the Swansea City gnome who goes to our away games with us... Don't ask!

Sorry, not letting you in unless you tell us what the gnome is about.

Saw Swansea play at Stoke when they were near the top of the league many moons ago. I am pretty sure Toshack was playing (managing?) but the rest of the names escape me. Latchford?

And i HATE Cardiff !! :down:

Stratford arms is an ok pub to go to before a match its 5mins away from ground.As mentioned by someone else the caley sample room is not bad,i went in their after the new years day derby but only because diggers was heaving and you couldnt get in the front door.

After you go to game,remember to post some photos of your day out with your gnome :lol:

Lower you can't, only upper N.

I sit in N2 and tried to get a ticket for my dad in N2 and it wouldn't let me (for the recent Dundee Utd game) likewise N1 wasn't letting me either online. Called up the ticket office and the lass confirmed that they aren't selling any tickets in lower N :down:

Stratford arms is an ok pub to go to before a match its 5mins away from ground.As mentioned by someone else the caley sample room is not bad,i went in their after the new years day derby but only because diggers was heaving and you couldnt get in the front door.

After you go to game,remember to post some photos of your day out with your gnome :lol:

Here you go, I'll make sure I post some of the day out at Tynecastle :thumbsup:

3691465.jpg

As for the bars, I've been in the Stratford Arms a few times so I know that one, not sure about the Caley Sample Room? We'll work it out though, cheers...

Caley sample room is just along the road from diggers! :) hope you have a good weekend up in Edinburgh! The weather has been great up here the past few days so hopefully it continues!

Much better mate IMO, we can belt out loads of sectarian bile!

:down:

PS. Blue is the colour

Who mentioned anything about sectarian bile?? Disgusting if that's what you want to do at football away and support one of the dirty *******s from the west.

I simply asked why he wasn't attending away games.

Away and spew your bigotry elsewhere.

Could be moving to A in the near future...this will change!:verymad:

Do not do it. I sit there but will be shifting for next season. It is shit.

Archived