Craig 'Pa' Broon on Christophe Berra

billco98

'Yesterday's Man' was interviewed by Nicky Campbell this morning about tonight's game at Hampden. Campbell mentioned that Scotland had a guy with dual Scottish/French qualification in the squad.

"Oh,aye, Berra. His granny was French or something", says Broon.

“No, his father is French and he was born in Edinburgh. He might get a game tonight from the start or come off the bench, Craig. What do you think?” asks Campbell

Nervous giggle. If he’s on the bench he should stay there” retorts Broon.

And some folk wonder why Scottish International football sank to the level it did.

He was one of the most vociferous critics of Berti Vogts, but at least Berti had the guts to play the untried youngsters and look where we are now.

loveofthegame

Of course Brown laughed. Berra is a non OF player and is under the age of 30, he wouldnt have stood a chance under Broon.

What a ******

'Yesterday's Man' was interviewed by Nicky Campbell this morning about tonight's game at Hampden. Campbell mentioned that Scotland had a guy with dual Scottish/French qualification in the squad.

?No, his father is French and he was born in Edinburgh. He might get a game tonight from the start or come off the bench, Craig. What do you think?? asks Campbell

?Nervous giggle. If he?s on the bench he should stay there? retorts Broon.

And some folk wonder why Scottish International football sank to the level it did.

He was one of the most vociferous critics of Berti Vogts, but at least Berti had the guts to play the untried youngsters and look where we are now.

I was going to post about the interview. Graig Brown didn't have a clue. Quote (I think he may have a Scottish Grandparent)

skotskosparta

?No, his father is French and he was born in Edinburgh. He might get a game tonight from the start or come off the bench, Craig. What do you think?? asks Campbell

Whilst I disagree with is statement on Berra, Brown did take us to a major tournament. :beer:

Whilst I disagree with is statement on Berra, Brown did take us to a major tournament. :beer:

He wasnt exactly lacking in terms of players to pick from

Buffalo Bill

Scotland's greatest ever era was .......

The 90s!!

Qualified for four tournaments, and in Euro 92, effectively made the 'Quarter Finals'.

5587.jpg

Buffalo Bill

I just listened on the BBCiplayer to Craig Brown.He clearly didn't have a clue who Nicky Campbell was talking about. I find that absolutely shocking. He's the Hearts captain for god's sake! Not that we should be surprised I guess, but that was just embarrassing. He seemed to think that Campbell was talking about some 'johnny foreigner' who had gotten into the squad by some tenuous link, and dismissed him as such by saying we should 'leave him on the bench' Unbelievable in so many ways.

“No, his father is French and he was born in Edinburgh. He might get a game tonight from the start or come off the bench, Craig. What do you think?” asks Campbell

Nervous giggle. If he’s on the bench he should stay there” retorts Broon.

Critic of Vogts,it was Brown that reccomended him to the SFA

I believe Nicky Campbell is a Jambo:)

He is.

Brown is clearly suffering from early signs of dementia. I've suspected this for sometime and it is now a priority that we wheel this little SFA/GFA arse barnacle off to the west coast retirement home for the frail.

Drew Busby !

Just as Neil McCann was dubbed "a poor man's Ryan Giggs" by Brown around 10 years ago...

I will probably dance a wee jig when Maggie Thatcher kicks the bucket, but if Craig Brown was flattened by some bizarre and unlucky space debris incident tomorrow then I'm sure I could conjure up a few steps just for him :cool:

I blame Brown just as much as Vogts for that debacle

When Vogts came in, the only players with international experience were 85 year olds like Boyd, so he had to start from scratch, and play 25-30 year olds who has no experience at international level

Granted, Vogts tried a lot of crap players (although a lot of that was down to Burns, who admitted he was recommending most of the unknown players as Vogts didn't know them, until Vogts got sacked and then Tommy claimed he had no input whatsoever :mad:) but he also gave very early starts to Fletcher, McFadden and Gordon, which has helped turn them into the keystones of the current Scotland team

Ray Winstone
I blame Brown just as much as Vogts for that debacle

When Vogts came in, the only players with international experience were 85 year olds like Boyd, so he had to start from scratch, and play 25-30 year olds who has no experience at international level

Granted, Vogts tried a lot of crap players (although a lot of that was down to Burns, who admitted he was recommending most of the unknown players as Vogts didn't know them, until Vogts got sacked and then Tommy claimed he had no input whatsoever :mad:) but he also gave very early starts to Fletcher, McFadden and Gordon, which has helped turn them into the keystones of the current Scotland team

Its very true, Although Vogts is a shoking manager, I think any manager taking over from Brown would have struggled.

Because of CB insistance on playing ancient players the next generation never came through!

rudi must stay

think it's a case of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time tbh as the nervous giggle shows

Is that an actualy interview? If so Brown is more of a ***** than I thought.

It is almost verbatim. Give or take the odd word it is how I remember that the interview went.

I hope if Berra is capped tonight that it is the first of many - I'd love to see the lad get well over fifty and stick right up Pa' Broon's ****.

DuffJimmy1875
Scotland's greatest ever era was .......

The 90s!!

Qualified for four tournaments, and in Euro 92, effectively made the 'Quarter Finals'.

5587.jpg

Buffalo Bill

I was only 7 at the time, so you'll have to assist me here.

How does one "effectively" qualifyfor the quarter-finals??

In the same way that one one might "effectively" qualify for the Champions League proper :duck:;)

In the same way that one one might "effectively" qualify for the Champions League proper :duck:;)

Although the "Champions League proper" isnt a competition.

The Champions League is, inluding the qualifying rounds.:)

Pa Broon, That W***** is the reason I couldn't give a Flying **** about the Scottish National Team!! You had to be over 30 and a Raging Bigot to get into His team.

And I see the usaual has happened with the P***** from the Ugly Sisters!!

Baz the ned, Dailly etc... all injured, Wonder if they'll be fit enough for Saturday??? :confused:

Ibrahim Tall

By being one of the last 8 in the tournament. :P

Craig Brown.... didn't like young players, loved the young girls.

Awful manager, chief reason why Vogts was pesh IMO.

If memory serves, Craig Brown played Christian Dailly on the left wing, leaving Neil McCann, (then a Hearts' player) out of his squad.

Guess The Crowd
Craig Brown.... didn't like young players, loved the young girls.

Awful manager, chief reason why Vogts was pesh IMO.

:106Final::106Final:

Nae bother Broon ya t w a t,aye Christophe Berra sounds like a real scottish name eh,obviously his dads french you thick git

To think pa Broon wanted the Hearts job as well, heaven forbid!!

One of the many cv's that have being sent to tyneecastle in the last year.

Still bitter about not even being interviewed for the job then. Daft thing to say about any player, never mind a young player going for his first cap !

Archived