I wish I had chosen to support East Stirling

John Findlay

John Findlay

Start of every season bottom of the third division to look forward too. Out of both the league cup and Scottish cup early doors so that I can have more free Saturday afternoons to have high tea at Harvey Nicks.

Know every other supporter personally by name, address and car registration number.

Being able to stand anywhere I want at Firs Park for a home game and probably the same at away games unless we got the big team Falkirk in one of the cup competitions, away that is.

Aye life would be so much simpler and no-one could ever accuse me of being a glory hunter, could they?;)

John

Buffalo Bill

I find the idea strangely attractive.

56269446.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6C2ED521401EAD2FBA96D640C844286CF

Buffalo Bill

56269446.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6C2ED521401EAD2FBA96D640C844286CF

Buffalo Bill

worst. post. ever.

Boak.

what a life you got man wish i was in your shoes.....................theres always the **** to go to................................................................ suicide

Start of every season bottom of the third division to look forward too. Out of both the league cup and Scottish cup early doors so that I can have more free Saturday afternoons to have high tea at Harvey Nicks.

Know every other supporter personally by name, address and car registration number.

Being able to stand anywhere I want at Firs Park for a home game and probably the same at away games unless we got the big team Falkirk in one of the cup competitions, away that is.

Aye life would be so much simpler and no-one could ever accuse me of being a glory hunter, could they?;)

John

...and they wont even have that simple pleasure as of next season, their ground having been sold and them being offski to Stenhousemuir on a 5 year lease...

John Findlay
...and they wont even have that simple pleasure as of next season, their ground having been sold and them being offski to Stenhousemuir on a 5 year lease...

Can still stand anywhere at Ochilview. Never been the same since they concreted the terracing though.

John

Guest S.U.S.S.

John

John that is a wish shared by many.

Many posters on here wish you were an East Stirling fan! :-)

John

Who gives a ......

rudi must stay

John

aye until you start caring more and more about the team and the defeats start to hurt

shaun.lawson

John

This is such a risible post in so many ways. How many times do we have to spell it out, John? People aren't ****ed off because they're 'glory hunters': you don't become a Hearts fan if you expect silverware every year, FFS! They're ****ed off because they feel more and more detached from the club they support.

At what other point in our entire history have we:

- Been over a year and counting without a manager, and been almost two and a half years without a credible one?

- Lost between eight and nine million quid in a single year?

- Had a wage bill of approaching ?10m, and the highest ticket prices in the league, while the team got worse and worse?

- Loaned in players not to help the team achieve success, but to 'showcase' them in order to help the owner make a profit?

Sorry, but this is not and has never been some run-of-the-mill tale of football fans who don't understand the ups and downs of the game. Yes, we know Hearts sometimes go down and can aye come back up: we know we almost never have two good seasons on the bounce. But the frustration has almost nothing to do with this: it's that people are sick and tired of feeling like the club, the players, the caretaker manager and especially the owner are taking the **** out of them on a regular basis.

Across the UK, if you mention Hearts to a follower of another club, they invariably either laugh about Romanov or express genuine concerns for our future. And sorry, but they're not all wrong. This summer is absolutely critical to the future of the club - and if things aren't sorted out, then maybe you should become an East Stirling fan. Because this ain't gonna be a happy place, I can assure you of that.

This is such a risible post in so many ways. How many times do we have to spell it out, John? People aren't ****ed off because they're 'glory hunters': you don't become a Hearts fan if you expect silverware every year, FFS! They're ****ed off because they feel more and more detached from the club they support.

- Been over a year and counting without a manager, and been almost two and a half years without a credible one?

- Had a wage bill of approaching ?10m, and the highest ticket prices in the league, while the team got worse and worse?

- Loaned in players not to help the team achieve success, but to 'showcase' them in order to help the owner make a profit?

Sorry, but this is not and has never been some run-of-the-mill tale of football fans who don't understand the ups and downs of the game. Yes, we know Hearts sometimes go down and can aye come back up: we know we almost never have two good seasons on the bounce. But the frustration has almost nothing to do with this: it's that people are sick and tired of feeling like the club, the players, the caretaker manager and especially the owner are taking the **** out of them on a regular basis.

Across the UK, if you mention Hearts to a follower of another club, they invariably either laugh about Romanov or express genuine concerns for our future. And sorry, but they're not all wrong. This summer is absolutely critical to the future of the club - and if things aren't sorted out, then maybe you should become an East Stirling fan. Because this ain't gonna be a happy place, I can assure you of that.

For once Shaun, I agree with you ;)

Bang on the money, as usual.

I think you'd do better if you took less time slagging off hearts fans Mr Findlay and actually looked at what was going on at the club.

I also wish that you supported East Stirling because then your posts would be on their forum rather than Kickback.

Makween

ToadKiller Dog

Buffalo Bill

Good to see Mick Ronson is still on the go,class guitarist.

jambopompey

John

john, from this post i know how you feel, none of this pish before my post, i have read the replies and ***** come to mind.

folk may wonder why i dont post on this forum anymore some might say i am a ****, tell you what i dont give one.

i have spoke in real life about things that concern Hearts, some good some bad, but we all in most cases are along the right line.

if in my drunken state i could read what john was saying and for you's to get the wrong idea im glad im drunk

Buffalo Bill

By christ , the size of her lips would make it ideal for sticking to the outside window of any shop........it would soon scare the crap out of any kid having a tantrum or misbehaving when being taken round shops with their parents.

East Stirling are similar to Hearts they have been badly run for years with the owner never at games although the new buyer might make a difference.

I used to live next to the ground and watched them when Hearts played on a Sunday. Very small ground with suppprt about 280, cheap pies and coffee made it a good day although I can't remember ever seeing them win.

It's a shame I like grounds where you have to walk down streets and houses to get to. I don't know how they will get on ground sharing. With better advertising they should have got about 500 per game as plenty of males could have watched the game while their wives shopped at the nearby retail park. I think they turned down promotion 80 years ago when the leagues were rejigged they said no, allowing Falkirk to become the bigger team while if they had taken the gamble they could have been in the SPL today (maybe)!

East Stirling are similar to Hearts they have been badly run for years with the owner never at games although the new buyer might make a difference.

I used to live next to the ground and watched them when Hearts played on a Sunday. Very small ground with suppprt about 280, cheap pies and coffee made it a good day although I can't remember ever seeing them win.

It's a shame I like grounds where you have to walk down streets and houses to get to. I don't know how they will get on ground sharing. With better advertising they should have got about 500 per game as plenty of males could have watched the game while their wives shopped at the nearby retail park. I think they turned down promotion 80 years ago when the leagues were rejigged they said no, allowing Falkirk to become the bigger team while if they had taken the gamble they could have been in the SPL today (maybe)!

I reckon their very name precludes 3/4 of Stirling from supporting them!:)

John Findlay
Bang on the money, as usual.

I think you'd do better if you took less time slagging off hearts fans Mr Findlay and actually looked at what was going on at the club.

I am well aware of what is going on at the club.

I havent enjoyed this season as some of the football played has been as bad as Hearts produced between 1977-1983.

Oddly enough in those years we had full-time managers. One of them being an ex-member of the famous five Hibernian forward line and an ex Scotland manager who was able to get this nation to qualify for the world cup finals of West Germany in 1974 and who's team were unbeaten in their three games.

As Hearts manager(by the majority definition a proper manager) he managed to get Hearts relegated for the first time in their then 103yrs history.

Debt: Personally finding it very difficult to recall a time when Heart of Midlothian Football Club were not in debt.

Hell we even sold our best player(s) Dave MacKay being a perfect example when we were the current league champions oh, the then board didnt have the grace to tell him until the transfer fee had been agreed and all he had to do was sign the dotted line.

Vladimir Romanov comes along and suddenly the things he is doing and alleged to be doing are all new with regards to the running of a football club when in fact they are nothing new and have been done by many at Hearts and lots of other clubs many times before.

Vladimir Romanov will move on. Another person will become owner of Hearts and another new dawn will be proclaimed. Hearts may have another season like 2005-2006 and everyone will be up for it again. Then Hearts will revert to being Hearts as for the vast majority of our now 134yrs club history we have been underachieving for a club of our alleged size.

I chose East Stirling. I could have chosen Alloa Athletic, Brechin City or Montrose as a club who in my mind are a 1000 times worse off than Hearts and who supporters will never get a taste of the success that comes our way all too infrequent.

Yes I have a pop at those who I think moan for the sake of moaning. They have a pop straight back at me that's fine.

Although not a good season this season it has when all has been said and done an average Hearts season which the vast majority are and the vast majority in the future will be. Moaning about it wont change it. It never has.

John

Broxburn_Jambo
Can still stand anywhere at Ochilview. Never been the same since they concreted the terracing though.

John

No you can't I was there earlier this season for a game against Albion Rovers (Hearts weren't playing) and the only stand that was open was the main one which is all seater.

boabyarsebiscuit
Oddly enough in those years we had full-time managers. One of them being an ex-member of the famous five Hibernian forward line and an ex Scotland manager who was able to get this nation to qualify for the world cup finals of West Germany in 1974 and who's team were unbeaten in their three games.

As Hearts manager(by the majority definition a proper manager) he managed to get Hearts relegated for the first time in their then 103yrs history.

Eh?

Willie Ormond took over on 5 May 1977.

We were already down.

Wrong again.

Eh?

Willie Ormond took over on 5 May 1977.

We were already down.

Wrong again.

Glad to see you back Boaby.

There's been a few changes though.

Facts are pass? nowadays.

Archived