Unexplained Photo of military vehicle on M8

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

I was driving along m8 this morning and there was a transporter in front me carrying some form of military off road truck, at first glance i thought i could see lines that made it appear the vehicle being transported was attached to something in the sky? There was nothing within sight above? the lines looked almost like smoke in appearance?

I managed to take a picture and as you can see my eyes were not deceiving me!!!

Thoughts?

Image0041.jpg

Is it not just coincidence you were under an overhead pylon at the time, :-/

My reason being is if you look closely you can see the connectors that hold 2 cables together.

Simples

Walter Bishop

Is it not just coincidence you were under an overhead pylon at the time, :-/

My reason being is if you look closely you can see the connectors that hold 2 cables together.

Simples

hahaha spoilsport!!! Will be looking on my way home this evening, gutted i though i had uncovered a gem with that photo!!! :whistling: :whistling:

hahaha spoilsport!!! Will be looking on my way home this evening, gutted i though i had uncovered a gem with that photo!!! :whistling: :whistling:

Would have been major probs at bridges and flyovers if it was.

More to the point.

You took a photo whilst driving ?

On a motorway ?

:down:

Just a question, is that an Akita in your avatar, and if so, why ? Do you have one, or are you trying to portray some "hard" image. Not fair on the dog I'd say

jt

Walter Bishop

More to the point.

You took a photo whilst driving ?

On a motorway ?

:down:

Unfortunately no. The credit for the photograph has to go to my daughter.

Well played sir, very fast and accurate retort.

jt

John Gentleman

.....although, noticing yourself and the carrier were travelling at speed (as evidenced in the bottom half of the photie), you would only have had a split second to take the snap with the 'cables' converging smack in the middle of the military vehicle.

Notice something untoward; try to analyse it; find camera; take snapshot whilst simultaneously maintaining control of your vehicle. Now, that would take me more than a split second!!

Guest GhostHunter

Just a question, is that an Akita in your avatar, and if so, why ? Do you have one, or are you trying to portray some "hard" image. Not fair on the dog I'd say

jt

I'll keep this simple.

None. Of. Your. Business.

:huh:

jt

That's Dex's passport photo ya cheeky ****. verymad.gif

I'll keep this simple.None. Of. Your. Business.:huh:

I am particularly fond of these dogs, it kind of annoys me their portrayal as "hard", as with any dog, only bad and undisciplined owners.

That's Dex's passport photo ya cheeky ****. verymad.gif

Ha ha, naw sorry, the dog is much too good looking.

jt

I was driving along m8 this morning and there was a transporter in front me carrying some form of military off road truck, at first glance i thought i could see lines that made it appear the vehicle being transported was attached to something in the sky? There was nothing within sight above? the lines looked almost like smoke in appearance?

Thoughts?

Image0041.jpg

:vrface:

From the driver's seat of the car?

(presuming you have a standard right hand drive car)

Unfortunately not as she`s only 14.

So you put your 14 year old daughter in the driver's seat of a car presumably doing approximately 60mph, to take a photo of a "space truck"?

Taking photos of trucks while doing 70 on the motorway.

Great stuff.

M8 in the morning though?

Lucky if he was doing 7 mph far less 70 mph.

Missed the truck maself,was too busy reading the paper.

Check the blurring of the lines and verges. Thats no 7mph. :ninja:

Guest Dr. Pepper

Thoughts?

Image0041.jpg

Why are you full of shit Jamie?

Why start a thread asking people to identify the lines coming out the back of an army truck when you know fine well that it was cables connected to big **** off pylons? You can even see one in the photo!

Why claim that the SMOKEY IN APPEARANCE (eerie) lines were worthy of a photograph because its not every day you see something like that come out the back of a truck, when in reality they were there for a split second while you went under the cables and its just a coincidence that the lines appeared in the photograph.

Why did you have your 14 year old daughter sitting on your lap when driving?

Do me a favour love.

Hurry up and admit it was a poor wind up to put everyone out their misery.

Having read the thread now I notice you admitted pretty early youre on the wind up..... but why was your daughter on your lap (ew) while driving?

:stare:

We can only be sure that the camera that took the picture could include the driver's door mirror in its field of view.

I thank you

Better call Saul

rofl5.gif

that looks very much like a mobile missile launcher of some sort. the sort of thing that the SAS were tasked to destroy in iraq in the gulf war.

i hope and pray it was on it's way through to glasgow to obliterate something worthwhile... like all of it.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

that looks very much like a mobile missile launcher of some sort. the sort of thing that the SAS were tasked to destroy in iraq in the gulf war.

i hope and pray it was on it's way through to glasgow to obliterate something worthwhile... like all of it.

No it doesn't, it looks like a newly built cab and chassis with you buffoon.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Why are you full of shit Jamie?

Why start a thread asking people to identify the lines coming out the back of an army truck when you know fine well that it was cables connected to big **** off pylons? You can even see one in the photo!

Why claim that the SMOKEY IN APPEARANCE (eerie) lines were worthy of a photograph because its not every day you see something like that come out the back of a truck, when in reality they were there for a split second while you went under the cables and its just a coincidence that the lines appeared in the photograph.

Why did you have your 14 year old daughter sitting on your lap when driving?

Do me a favour love.

Hurry up and admit it was a poor wind up to put everyone out their misery.

Having read the thread now I notice you admitted pretty early youre on the wind up..... but why was your daughter on your lap (ew) while driving?

:stare:

:rofl:

End the thread now.

Jamie has propelled himself into the Europa league spots of the kickback roastars league with this effort :vrface:

Let's be honest though - this result has only been possible off the back of a magnificent and prolonged period of roaster form.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

A certain German speaking wrestling fan has the one Champions League spot tied up so it's up to Jamie to secure good qualification in second place.

Shaun.Lawson has had a poor season but I'm confident he can make a return to form and wrap up third.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Jamie has propelled himself into the Europa league spots of the kickback roastars league with this effort :vrface:

Fret not, your title is safe for another year..:thumbsup:

At least..

Fret not, your title is safe for another year..:thumbsup:

At least..

I CAN'T WAIT until spanky turns up and you guys can have another HILARIOUS exchange :verysmug:

I CAN'T WAIT until spanky turns up and you guys can have another HILARIOUS exchange :verysmug:

don't be trying to drag me into this tawdry little jamboree of roasterage you noisy boys have started.

<_<

Archived