Green Tea

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

My drink of choice, in a teapot, is a teabag of earl Grey and one of ordinary tea, taken with milk. Earl Grey on it's own I take without milk. Don't take sugar, stopped at 16 when I started work and used to take 3 in a cup, freckin' hate sugar in tea now.

jt

The Treasurer

Tea !!! yucky.gif

I've tried all possible types/combinations and I just don't get why the British public are so addicted to this disgusting liquid yucky.gifyucky.gif

Tetley teabag in cup, pour in small drop of milk then in with boiling water, eject said teabag when brew is strong, add 1 sugar, stir.............. :thumbsup:

Cannae beat it.

Very healthy as well.

:verysmug:

I concur. Green or jasmine is all I drink. Can't abide normal tea now. Don't touch coffee either anymore.

In fact, I'm away to put the kettle on.... :thumbsup:

Tea !!! yucky.gif

I've tried all possible types/combinations and I just don't get why the British public are so addicted to this disgusting liquid yucky.gifyucky.gif

The British Empire was built on tea. :thumbsup:

See when people say Green tea with lemon - do they mean they put lemon juice in it or actually buy it that way? Sounds quite nice.

Try as I might, I've just never managed to take to tea at all. My colleagues are all obsessed with their rooibos but it's just warm water that tastes a bit weird to me. If I can't have a nice mug of coffee I'd rather have a glass of cold water than that stuff.

I really don't get the tea thing.

Why do anarchists drink herbal tea?

Because all "Proper Tea" is theft

Proper teabag in milk. Add hot water. Get rid of bag. Leave to cool. Down in one. Can't take to flavoured teas at all.

Try as I might, I've just never managed to take to tea at all. My colleagues are all obsessed with their rooibos but it's just warm water that tastes a bit weird to me. If I can't have a nice mug of coffee I'd rather have a glass of cold water than that stuff.

I really don't get the tea thing.

Tea, Most refreshing and thirst quenching drink you can have.

jt

Why do anarchists drink herbal tea?

Because all "Proper Tea" is theft

:rofl::vrface:

Going to use that next time I'm having a cup of lovely green tea with someone.

I'm coffee daft as well. Need 2 cups in the morning before I can even think about speaking to anyone without biting their head off.

Tea just chills you right out, though. Was sitting watching the Sopranos with a cup of green tea last night and my face was exactly like this

I'm coffee daft as well. Need 2 cups in the morning before I can even think about speaking to anyone without biting their head off.

Tea just chills you right out, though. Was sitting watching the Sopranos with a cup of green tea last night and my face was exactly like this

It is meant to surpress your apetite as well.

Very good stuff - if only I liked it! Force myself to drink it once every couple of days.

Tetley teabag in cup, pour in small drop of milk then in with boiling water, eject said teabag when brew is strong, add 1 sugar, stir.............. :thumbsup:

:):):):thumbsup:

I've never been a tea of coffe drinker but in the last couple of years I've started drinking green tea with a spoonful of honey in it and absolutely love it. I find it very good if you've got a cold as well.

I got hustled (I think) in Shanghai by a couple of local lasses who took me to a tea ceremony.

Tried about a dozen different types of tea then bought some to take home.

All in cost me about ?80, but I reckon it had to be cheaper than that (worked out about ?4 a cup of each tea) and the bag of tea weighed in at about ?30.

I console myself by thinking about the "once in a lifetime" experience it was, and would probably have happily spent ?40 on the whole thing...

Anyway, fortunately the tea WAS superb. Still not opened the bag I bought though...

Mr Brightside

The British Empire was built on tea. :thumbsup:

See when people say Green tea with lemon - do they mean they put lemon juice in it or actually buy it that way? Sounds quite nice.

I buy the tea bags with the lemon flavour already added. Prefer it to normal green tea.

I got hustled (I think) in Shanghai by a couple of local lasses who took me to a tea ceremony.

Tried about a dozen different types of tea then bought some to take home.

All in cost me about ?80, but I reckon it had to be cheaper than that (worked out about ?4 a cup of each tea) and the bag of tea weighed in at about ?30.

I console myself by thinking about the "once in a lifetime" experience it was, and would probably have happily spent ?40 on the whole thing...

Anyway, fortunately the tea WAS superb. Still not opened the bag I bought though...

A tea ceremony sounds amazing. They should have one in the Diggers before the Killie game.

A tea ceremony sounds amazing. They should have one in the Diggers before the Killie game.

To be fair it was actually quite interesting.

Each tea apparently has different properties that help various parts of your body e.g. liver, brain, libido etc etc

Kinda cool, if I didn't feel I'd been ripped off...

Teamaking.jpg

Green tea with ginger - da bomb

Close but Tetley's do a Green Tea with Lemongrass and Ginger, that is the dugs danglies!

Cannie abide normal tea!

The People's Chimp

It is meant to surpress your apetite as well.

Very good stuff - if only I liked it! Force myself to drink it once every couple of days.

Those fat burners you are on about on the fitness thread are full of the stuff. It raises your body temperature as well and so raises your metabolism. Also full of antioxidants.

Chai tea late from starbucks be the bomb :thumbsup:

Once I asked for a Tai Chi late by mistake.... :)

The woman passed me the mug in a one exaggerated swooping arm movement :)

Mr Brightside

Chai tea late from starbucks be the bomb :thumbsup:

It's good as a treat every now and then but far too sweet to have as an everyday drink.

Actually just remembered the one pleasant tea drinking experience I had and that was drinking cay in Istanbul. Surprisingly drinkable considering I don't 'do' normal tea but anything had to be better than their version of coffee. Bleh.

Comes in cool wee ornate glass cups too, been meaning to try and get a set of them actually...might be a nice month end treat.

Go for it Redm.

Everyone should get tea'd oot their nut once in a while.

Currently sipping on a glorious cup of green tea. Going to get some honey tomorrow and see what it's like.

:yas:

Go for it Redm.

Everyone should get tea'd oot their nut once in a while.

Currently sipping on a glorious cup of green tea. Going to get some honey tomorrow and see what it's like.

Can't see me earning tea junkie status but if I'm going to have funky tea cups I'd probably best find some sort of tea acceptable to my palate so that they're not just something else that pointlessly clutters up the flat.

Shall give this green option a bash.

Sorry Redm I thought you said you were going to treat yourself to tea at the end of the month not a nice cup, that's why I made my bizarre comment. :vrface:

Not a fan of ginger, ASSASSIN. I'm going to hit the shop tomorrow and getting lemon t-bags, honey and may even get that red tea stuff Jonesey was on about.

Weekend sorted. :thumbsup:

blondejamtart

Actually just remembered the one pleasant tea drinking experience I had and that was drinking cay in Istanbul. Surprisingly drinkable considering I don't 'do' normal tea but anything had to be better than their version of coffee. Bleh.

Comes in cool wee ornate glass cups too, been meaning to try and get a set of them actually...might be a nice month end treat.

We've got a set of those which we bought in Icmeler a few years back. Can't beat a nice glass of cay or apple tea.

i do like a bit of the red bush myself... cracking stuff.

failing that, i'll stick to a normal strong cup of tetleys, none of your sugar p1sh though.

We've got a set of those which we bought in Icmeler a few years back. Can't beat a nice glass of cay or apple tea.

Apparently they only give apple tea to the tourists, real Turks wouldn't go anywhere near it. :laugh:

More fool them, it's lovely stuff.

I'm rather fortunate to have Falko konditormeister near me. You can't beat a nice pot of tea and an almond torte.

ToadKiller Dog

I've decided to substitute green tea for beer tonight.

:pleasing:

Get some green food colouring and you can have Green Beer not sure if its any good for you !

Creepy Lurker

I go through green and herbal teas like other people go through hot cakes!

I'll have around three cups of various herbal teas a day: green, sencha, white, jasmine and oolong. Also taken a bit of a fancy to infusions recently; can't beat a nice cup of peppermint, Rooibos or Moroccan after dinner.

Archived