Need to guard against complacency

Ecce Romanov

With DU drawing last night I'd think most of us would agree that at least 3rd is pretty much ours.

I do have a concern that we might now take the foot off the pedal, esp if (and I really hope they don't) Rangers and Celtic start to pull away from us.

JJ really has to keep the team motovated.

The motivation should be to try and catch Rangers and/or Celtic. If we can't catch them both, I believe there is a better chance of catching Rangers due to their congested fixture list, injuries and their relatively small squad. So keep winning Hearts!!!

I think, just listening and reading about comments made by JJ he wants third wraped up so that we can relax and play football a bit, I may be wrong but JJ of the past always used these chances to blood new players to the first team. :thumbsup:

The motivation should be to try and catch Rangers and/or Celtic. If we can't catch them both, I believe there is a better chance of catching Rangers due to their congested fixture list, injuries and their relatively small squad. So keep winning Hearts!!!

I agree, though I think that pressure for a team pushing us for 3rd would have helped us to keep winning. Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining ! :whistling:

Francis Albert

With DU drawing last night I'd think most of us would agree that at least 3rd is pretty much ours.

I do have a concern that we might now take the foot off the pedal, esp if (and I really hope they don't) Rangers and Celtic start to pull away from us.

JJ really has to keep the team motovated.

It's been pretty much ours for weeks. The absurd idea that Dundee United are going to pick up full points from their games in hand, when they have managed all of 7 wins in 23 games has artificially kept them in the hunt in some people's eyes.

The big risk is not complacency, but that we should think that wrapping up 3rd is the proirity, or indeed as some have argued, now our only target. That we should decide for example (as Zal said at the weekend) that 5 points out of 9 in our next three games would be OK. That sort of safety first thinking would make the remote possibility of not finishing at least 3rd a slightly less remote possibility.

Archived