Webster for captain rank chat.

scott_jambo

Probably as he is some wee kid who works in a fast food joint wanting to try and provoke people who dont follow his point of view.

As opposed to making disparaging remarks towards people who don't follow your point of view?

:verysmug:

Probably as he is some wee kid who works in a fast food joint wanting to try and provoke people who dont follow his point of view.

:lol: Oh dear, keep your fantasies to yourself.

Just reread the thread in question and one person said 'I can't wait until Webster is made captain just to piss you off' or something along those lines then 3 other people discussed the real chance of him being captain next season - at no point did they say they want him as captain.

Scott is having a mare.

Not interested if you agree with me, AP.

Who would of thought there would be a time where you could start a thread on JKB to state a dislike for Andrew Webster and you would get blanket hate for it.

Drylaw Hearts

Who would of thought there would be a time where you could start a thread on JKB to state a dislike for Andrew Webster and you would get blanket hate for it.

:seething:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Not interested if you agree with me, AP.

Just a poor troll tbh. If you had started a thread with 'I hate Andy Webster' instead of attacking other members it probably would have been quite popular.

there was calls from many JKB members for Webster to be installed as captain - lies. :(

portobellojambo1

Well done on resorting to abuse to get your point across.

But aye, the only reason Zal scored is because Webster was there.

All hail Webster, he really does have the midas touch.

I didn't abuse you in the slightest, I stated you were talking some pish regards this particular subject, hardly abuse, it is a statement of fact, IMO of course.

And to suggest that your comments were making you look stupid is not abusing you. If I had said for example "Scott, you are stupid" I could understand you possibly reacting to that. But as I don't know you I have no idea what you are like in real life, however indicating something you have typed makes you seem stupid is hardly abusing you.

However, if you did find it offensive then I apologise, as that wasn't my intention.

You don't half talk some pish in relation to this subject matter. You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion about Andy Webster, but to see him as anything other than an excellent central defender, who will benefit our side hugely (ask the players if you don't believe me, or yourself, they are easy to approach and happy to tell you what they think) is a sign you are allowing your personal opinion to cloud your judgement.

Webster wasn't anything close to lax on Saturday, nor the previous weekend, he strolled through both games comfortably, and will get better the longer he is in the side and gets used to those around him. And his presence allows Zaliukas to now use his height at set pieces, because he knows the centre of the defence is covered in his absence.

The way you are portraying things all you are doing is making yourself look stupid, but it is a free world so bash on with it.

Well said. I was n't at hamilton game but was was impressed with webster on saturday hes a good player and organiser. Not sure what happened to Webster at Rangers but he was excellent last year at united and looks like he'll do the same with hearts.

Zaliukas' goal was the first goal of the season scored by a hearts defender, like you say hopefully webster will allow zaliukas to add a few more from set pieces..

Rudolf's Mate

I have seen it mentioned multiple times since the United game and has already been suggested a couple of times on this thread.

At the point of you posting this all that had been posted in reply to you was that someone thought he would captain the team at some point next season. Nobody at this point has suggested that he be captain so you've gone on the high horse about a non event.

If he eventually does captain the team it'll likely be down to merit though after reading some people get so wound up about it I'd love it of JJ did it next game to make a point.

I didn't abuse you in the slightest, I stated you were talking some pish regards this particular subject, hardly abuse, it is a statement of fact, IMO of course.

And to suggest that your comments were making you look stupid is not abusing you. If I had said for example "Scott, you are stupid" I could understand you possibly reacting to that. But as I don't know you I have no idea what you are like in real life, however indicating something you have typed makes you seem stupid is hardly abusing you.

However, if you did find it offensive then I apologise, as that wasn't my intention.

No such thing

Over the course of ten years, I can't really think of too many bad games that Andy Webster has had for Hearts. He just seems to stroll through games as he did on Saturday. Perhaps any lax moments can maybe be forgiven just this once, due to him making his first appearance for us at Tynecastle since 2006.

I like and rate Andy Webster the footballer, and I'm pleased that Webster and Zaliukis are in defence, with Zali as captain.

Let's just get on with supporting the team.

The Real Maroonblood

Well said. I was n't at hamilton game but was was impressed with webster on saturday hes a good player and organiser. Not sure what happened to Webster at Rangers but he was excellent last year at united and looks like he'll do the same with hearts.

Zaliukas' goal was the first goal of the season scored by a hearts defender, like you say hopefully webster will allow zaliukas to add a few more from set pieces..

Good post. Andy is a top player and bloke. Definately captain material.

:thumbsup:

Just a poor troll tbh. If you had started a thread with 'I hate Andy Webster' instead of attacking other members it probably would have been quite popular.

there was calls from many JKB members for Webster to be installed as captain - lies. :(

When I said installed as captain, I didn't mean in the next game, I should of clarified and apologies for that.

As I've said before.

Zal

Wallace

Kello

Kyle

Black

Jonsson

Mroweic

If all these players leave the club, then yes - I would grudgingly consider Webster's application for captaincy.

Rudolf's Mate

When I said installed as captain, I didn't mean in the next game, I should of clarified and apologies for that.

As I've said before.

Zal

Wallace

Kello

Kyle

Black

Jonsson

Mroweic

If all these players leave the club, then yes - I would grudgingly consider Webster's application for captaincy.

Wait a cotton pickin moment..... You started by saying after his lax performance on Sat people were calling for him to be captain however are now saying that you weren't claiming for him to be captain in the next game. I'm lost as the thread was about you attacking people for supposedly wanting him as captain now???

Kind of agree with the gist of the OP to be honest. It IS rank chat to even consider the notion of Webster as captain at this point, and for good reason. He's just in the door, there's a fair bit of dodgy baggage, some repair work has to be done re his relationship with the fans (concentrating on playing well is a start there), he barely knows most of his team mates and importantly - we already HAVE a captain and he does a generally decent job of it too. I'd suggest that those backing this particular idea are on the wind up.

I wasn't initially convinced at all by Zal's appointment as captain but he has pleasantly surprised me. I'm still not completely sold on the idea but I do think he's doing a pretty decent job at the moment and improving all the time so he gets thumbs up from me. Webster has some considerable way to go before i'd even think about the concept of him taking on an important role like that at the club. A very very long way to go.

The Real Maroonblood

Kind of agree with the gist of the OP to be honest. It IS rank chat to even consider the notion of Webster as captain at this point, and for good reason. He's just in the door, there's a fair bit of dodgy baggage, some repair work has to be done re his relationship with the fans (concentrating on playing well is a start there), he barely knows most of his team mates and importantly - we already HAVE a captain and he does a generally decent job of it too. I'd suggest that those backing this particular idea are on the wind up.

I wasn't initially convinced at all by Zal's appointment as captain but he has pleasantly surprised me. I'm still not completely sold on the idea but I do think he's doing a pretty decent job at the moment and improving all the time so he gets thumbs up from me. Webster has some considerable way to go before i'd even think about the concept of him taking on an important role like that at the club. A very very long way to go.

It's all in the OP mind because I have still to see anywhere that someone has suggested that Andy should be captain.

I said at the weekend that I would not be surprised if Webster was captain next term, I stand by that.

Certainly no clamour for it though. Webster is a leader amongst men, kind of guy you want next to you when Fritz is steaming towards your trench after taking speed balls (which the Germans gave out to troops to combat tiredness)

Look, listen and learn.

thumbsup.gif

Zal may be the captain but when Kyle was playing he was the real leader of the team, and after watching Webster on Saturday he seems to have taken that role. Kyle and Webster do more organising than Zal and are more likely to get other players around fired up during a game. Not having a go at Zal as I like him but this is the way I see it

Has Andy pumped your patner?

:whistling:

:lol: he must've, because scott reckons thats the only reason why you'd not like a Hearts player B)

kennyblack'sshot

Who cares who wears the armband. They just need to be able to call heads or tails.

We've got at least 8 captain types on the park when Zali, Webster, Kyle, Skacel, Wallace, Jonsson, Ruben and Kello are all playing.

I said at the weekend that I would not be surprised if Webster was captain next term, I stand by that.

Certainly no clamour for it though. Webster is a leader amongst men, kind of guy you want next to you when Fritz is steaming towards your trench after taking speed balls (which the Germans gave out to troops to combat tiredness)

Look, listen and learn.

thumbsup.gif

Even contemplating Webster as captaining Hearts out the tunnel of the first home game of the season makes me nauseous.

Webster is not the guy you would want in the trenches. Smith didn't even think he had the bottle for Ibrox never mind Normandy or such like.

Appreciate you coming out and stating that you made that comment at the weekend, though.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Did you boo him at the weekend Scott?

He got quite a loud cheer, tbh. People forgiving and forgetting.

Johanes de Silentio

On topic, I think it's a matter of time before Webster captains Hearts - possibly not as club captain straight away, but maybe as vice-captain, or by default due to injury, suspension, etc.

It wouldn't bother me, tbh - as long as we're doing well, I don't really care who the captain is. (within reason, of course - hated having Rix as coach - eurgh!)

Did you boo him at the weekend Scott?

Of course I didn't boo him.

I wouldn't wipe him off the sole of my shoe, let alone let him decrease my enjoyment of watching Heart of Midlothian F.C.

Drylaw Hearts

0,,10289~9392042,00.jpg

I like having Webster back.

JJ likes having Webster back.

Webster likes being back.

Any Hearts fan who doesn't like it needs to seriously grow up.

0,,10289~9392042,00.jpg

vladimir_romanov.jpg

Maybe we all need to do a little growing up. thumbsup.gif

winston churchill

Since Webster has came back, we've won both games.

I say good :)

and zal has also looked a better player not having to worry about bouzid.

I think this is a bit of a non issue. Can't see the management changing it unless Zal goes.

If he does then you would have to think that Webster is an option (along with a few others) but I think that is a long way off.

After Webster's lax performance on Saturday, there was calls from many JKB members for Webster to be installed as captain.

Thanks but no thanks. We have a captain at Hearts - as I recall he scored the winning goal into the top corner in the 87th minute and has been the driving force behind one of the best run of results in Heart of Midlothian's history.

Oh yeah and he isn't a snidey creep. :thumbsup:

:awdoone:

It was hardly a hero's return. I would say there was proportionally a larger percentage of the Hearts support booing him at Hamilton than the percentage cheering him against United.

0,,10289~9392042,00.jpg

New screen saver - cheers, DH.

thumbsup.gif

and zal has also looked a better player not having to worry about bouzid.

I'm sure I read on here Bouzid isn't playing cos 'he's got Vlad flu'

Nothing to do with Webster being one of the best players in the SPL first time round with us; being one of the best last season at United; or even der Hun fans lost as to why 'one of the best CHs in the league never gets a game' and since he's come back, apart from a couple of rusty moments, strolled through the games.

The King was dead, long live the re-incarnation of the same King.

Guest Dipped Flake

What a weird thread. Nobody asking for Webster to be captain but the OP still starts a thread just to show how much he hates Webster??? If JJ wanted him back, and we all know he did, then that's it as far as I'm con cerned. On the captain issue I see no reason to change the captain. If JJ thinks Webster would be a better captain however, the Webster will be captain

Archived