Tv series worth watching?

Hansel

Finished watching 'Prison Break' box-set not long ago.

Really enjoyable, and got the full 4 seasons from asda for ?40. :thumbsup:

Good to get a series that both the wife and I both enjoyed, but now we need something to fill the void, now that PB is over.

Got a lend of 24, and although I was enjoying it, the wife has lost interest after the first few episodes. :thumbsdown:

Think we need something that has an interesting storyline for me, and eyecandy for the mrs B)

Don't want to get stuck watching all the crap soaps on the telly :(

So......any ideas??

Good to get a series that both the wife and I both enjoyed, but now we need something to fill the void, now that PB is over.

Got a lend of 24, and although I was enjoying it, the wife has lost interest after the first few episodes. :thumbsdown:

Think we need something that has an interesting storyline for me, and eyecandy for the mrs B)

So......any ideas??

Bin the Mrs and get back to watching 24...

24 is well worth sticking with, especially series 1-4.

24 is imo, second only to Lost.

I'm gonna stick with 24 on my own then :)

Can watch it on nightshift. Pity jack Bauer isn't her type B)

Couldn't get into' lost' BB, but cheers anyway.

Need something to watch with the trouble and strife.

ToadKiller Dog

I will likely get shot down for this but i like the BBC 3 show Being Human , ok its not big and flashy like US drama and its effects

are poor ,but it script is tightly written the characters are well played and can be very Dark at times and explores death and murder ideas well .

So......any ideas??

Box set of Auf Wiedershein Pet? :peek_by_Andrin:

The Killing and Being Human are both on iplayer for free and are well worth a watch. Dexters my fave American program, true bloods a good watch too.

The Natural Order

Try:

Medium

The Shield (far better story telling than The Wire)

The West Wing (older but still the best tv show ever made)

Battlestar Galactice (not the scifi fluff you'd expect)

24 (Just skip season 3, it's barry white)

Try give Lost another go, season 3 onwards are amazing

The variouse CSI shows (I prefer CSI: Miami)

The Unit

Spooks, excellent UK show

:thumbsup:

Go retro. I got Edge of Darkness for my Xmas and just got round to watching it today, gripping stuff and British drama at it's best. Also House of Cards trilogy is another piece of top notch tv.

Go retro. I got Edge of Darkness for my Xmas and just got round to watching it today, gripping stuff and British drama at it's best. Also House of Cards trilogy is another piece of top notch tv.

Watched Cracker from start to finish recently. Fantastic.

In no particular order:

Oz

Underbelly

The Sopranoes

Band of Brothers

The Pacific

The Wire

Dexter

Sons of Anarchy

Generation Kill

24 is well worth sticking with, especially series 1-4.

24 is imo, second only to Lost.

I did enjoy Lost for the most part but I cannot forgive the way it ended. It actually makes me angry thinking about it.

Mr Brightside

I did enjoy Lost for the most part but I cannot forgive the way it ended. It actually makes me angry thinking about it.

Same here, the ending makes all the island mysteries pointless. Genuine rage when I think about it.

J Cheever Loophole

Life on Mars for the non PCness and the amazing sound track if you are old enough.Ah memories. :rolleyes:

Thankyou all :thumbsup:

You have given me much to ponder.

What happened at the end of lost? Was it all just a dream? :lol:

Last time I saw it, there was this Scottish bloke in a bunker, who called every1 'brother' :)

Saw a bit of true blood, and seemed ok, so might give it a bash!

Has any1 seen 'supernatural' - I strongly recommend it, although it takes until season 2 to really appreciate it.

The Natural Order

Has any1 seen 'supernatural' - I strongly recommend it, although it takes until season 2 to really appreciate it.

Just watching season 1 at the moment. Not really getting into it to be honest.

It is a bit meh to begin with, but as the seasons roll on I found it more enjoyable.

It starts off a bit bitty, and each episode seems to stand alone; having very little to do with the overall story.

But season 1 lays the foundations and familiarises you with the types of supernatural entities that reappear in later episodes.

The main story is very gripping if you stick with it mate. :)

Just finished season 2 of Sons of Anarchy. It's described as Easy Rider meets Sopranos. I thought it was fantastic and up there with any of the boxsets I've seen.

Others I'd recommend;

Band of Brothers

Sopranos

British Comedies;

Benidorm

Outnumbered

i was like that as i dont really like watching tv shows unless there a bit real life , and 2 guys killing Werewolves and Vampires dont do it for me , but the to guys in it are funny and it makes it good and as said above it get better as seasons go on , like most tv shows

i was like that as i dont really like watching tv shows unless there a bit real life , and 2 guys killing Werewolves and Vampires dont do it for me , but the to guys in it are funny and it makes it good and as said above it get better as seasons go on , like most tv shows

I agree.

The guy who plays Dean is pretty funny, and there is good banter between the 2 brothers; even when it gets serious.

Been watching the boxes of house recently. It's great.

Meaning to get supernatural.

Have sopranos, 24, and curb your enthusiasm to watch. Battlestar is great, chuck can be fun but if ever I'm in doubt I stick on a season of stargate. Love it.

I agree.

The guy who plays Dean is pretty funny, and there is good banter between the 2 brothers; even when it gets serious.

i think castiel is grate very funny for a guy who dont try to be

Dean Winchester

Great tv show.

Seth Bullock is one of my favourite characters of any tv show.

:what:

Surely you mean Al Swearengen? :thumbsup:

My favourite show on TV. It is amazing and well on it's way to getting renewed for Season 7 while other shows like Heroes, Prison Break etc. all seem to struggle after a couple of seasons. Supernatural seems to have went from strength to strength :thumbsup: Not to mention it easily has the best soundtrack of any TV show out there just now :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2ucw9LQik

I'd suggest like others on here:

Supernatural

Deadwood (Hell, it's worth it for the swearing alone)

Battlestar Galactica (Probably one of the best Sci-Fi show ever. Don't let the name put you off as it's not like Star Trek etc. it's full of some superb character development, politics and twists.)

Firefly (Don't think anyones mentioned this one but alot of people haven't watched it either. It was cancelled due to low ratings but it's pretty damn awesome. The fan reaction to it's cancellation was so strong they released a cinematic sequel.)

True Blood

Band of Brothers

Dexter

:what:

Surely you mean Al Swearengen? :thumbsup:

My favourite show on TV. It is amazing and well on it's way to getting renewed for Season 7 while other shows like Heroes, Prison Break etc. all seem to struggle after a couple of seasons. Supernatural seems to have went from strength to strength :thumbsup: Not to mention it easily has the best soundtrack of any TV show out there just now :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2ucw9LQik

I'd suggest like others on here:

Supernatural

Deadwood (Hell, it's worth it for the swearing alone)

Battlestar Galactica (Probably one of the best Sci-Fi show ever. Don't let the name put you off as it's not like Star Trek etc. it's full of some superb character development, politics and twists.)

Firefly (Don't think anyones mentioned this one but alot of people haven't watched it either. It was cancelled due to low ratings but it's pretty damn awesome. The fan reaction to it's cancellation was so strong they released a cinematic sequel.)

True Blood

Band of Brothers

Dexter

thats new to me , i know thay was going to stop it after season 5 but thay made a season 6 as people wanted more , reading up about you saying thay will make a season 7 i found this with dont say thay will but one man saying thay should ( CW president Dawn Ostroff has said she would be "very shocked" if they didn't renew the series for a seventh season as "it?s doing better on Friday night than it was on Thursday night.")

reading this and i watch most of the shows put on here , some are new to me witch i will be looking at so i thought id add a few on here as well

The Border

According to Jim

The Defender

Third Watch

Father Ted

Teachers

Men Behaving Badly

Bottom

Game On

King of the Hill

Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

The Inbetweeners

Blue Bloods

Monk

Shameless

Breaking Bad

Persons Unknown

Boomtown

The Jury

The Comeback

Eastwick

Carpoolers

Las Vegas

Crossing Jordan

How I Met Your Mother

Chase

The Mentalist

Undercovers

Detroit 187

The Event

CSI New York, Miami , and the other CSI

My Name Is Eul

Rules Of Engagement

Baywatch

Rescue Me

Leverage

Shark

Rizzoli & Isles

Southland

there are loads more i can put down but i think that is enough , and belive or not i do have a life i do have a job and im not a virgin who sits at home watching tv shows , i promise :whistling:

Without reading every post, here's a few I haven't seen mentioned:

Spartacus

The Chicago Code

Lights Out

Treme

Also, one of my favourite programmes of all time - NYPD Blue

Another shout for Battlestar Galactica. Very, very good.

The original "Prisoner" from the 60's, starring Patrick MacGoohan, is genius too.

winston churchill

homicide life in the street

oz

underbelly

breaking bad

the wire

the shield

nypd blues

hill street blues

sons of anarchy

also forgot about the tudors

Archived