Shehallion

Horse

Piece of pish apart from the long summit ridge, which is composed of big bloody boulders which are awkward and uncomfortable to get any kind of stride pattern on. I should imagine there'll be plenty snow on top after the weekend.

Piece of pish apart from the long summit ridge, which is composed of big bloody boulders which are awkward and uncomfortable to get any kind of stride pattern on. I should imagine there'll be plenty snow on top after the weekend.

How long up to the top mate?

One on it's own should not be too hard. Normally like to do 2 back to back. Done Ben More and Stob Binnein and Ben Vorlich and Stuc a Chroin last year.

One on it's own should not be too hard. Normally like to do 2 back to back. Done Ben More and Stob Binnein and Ben Vorlich and Stuc a Chroin last year.

You should do it in a couple of hours from the main car park. Maybe add on half an hour to an hour if there are snowy conditions.

Hope you get a view - last time I was up the cloud came in and we saw zilch. The path has been repaired massively since then so it should be plain sailing until that bumpy ridge.

Could be parky, though!

Climbing this tomorrow. Anyone done this one before?

Did you mean Schiehallion.

This is the view you should get, weather permitting.

gary6.jpg

You should do it in a couple of hours from the main car park. Maybe add on half an hour to an hour if there are snowy conditions.

Hope you get a view - last time I was up the cloud came in and we saw zilch. The path has been repaired massively since then so it should be plain sailing until that bumpy ridge.

Could be parky, though![/QUOTE]

I think you could be right:sad:

Did you mean Schiehallion.

This is the view you should get, weather permitting.

gary6.jpg

I did! Cheers for the photo...hope I look better in my gear though;)

I did! Cheers for the photo...hope I look better in my gear though;)

I climbed it in 1990!

It was black and white pictures in those days. The one I posted I stole from somebody else.

We climbed Be Vorlich the same day. It was also in March and be warned, it was sheet glass above 3,000 feet.

LOL. Love the spelling Horse. Enjoy your climb? :P

Just back mate!! Nightmare! Great ascent - snow was 2-3 feet deep at the top. Got lost on the way down as we suffered a white out at the top and lost our bearings. 45 mins of day light left and we did not know if we were going in the right direction:sad:. Thankfully we made it! :) Never helped I left my jacket in the house (idiot:mad:), thankfully potsy had a spare one with him.

On holiday all this week mate. Got your txt re the job. Nice one. Txt me and tell me where it is.

Do they allow unlimited access to JKB during working hours?!:mw_rolleyes:

Paulandshark
Just back mate!! Nightmare! Great ascent - snow was 2-3 feet deep at the top. Got lost on the way down as we suffered a white out at the top and lost our bearings. 45 mins of day light left and we did not know if we were going in the right direction:sad:. Thankfully we made it! :) Never helped I left my jacket in the house (idiot:mad:), thankfully potsy had a spare one with him.

On holiday all this week mate. Got your txt re the job. Nice one. Txt me and tell me where it is.

Delivering Herald & Post ;)

Quality mate when you taking on Everest.

Will need to see re the access LOL.

Climbing this tomorrow. Anyone done this one before?

Only about 12 million people!!

It's at this point I start getting worried. Climbing advice should generally be sourced from guide books and maps, not message boards!!!

Just back mate!! Nightmare! Great ascent - snow was 2-3 feet deep at the top. Got lost on the way down as we suffered a white out at the top and lost our bearings. 45 mins of day light left and we did not know if we were going in the right direction:sad:. Thankfully we made it! :)Never helped I left my jacket in the house (idiot:mad:), thankfully potsy had a spare one with him.

Ever wonder who these people on Reporting Scotland are? I'm not trying to be offensive Horse but reading between the lines here there was a good chance you might have become a statistic.

Only about 12 million people!!

It's at this point I start getting worried. Climbing advice should generally be sourced from guide books and maps, not message boards!!!

Ever wonder who these people on Reporting Scotland are? I'm not trying to be offensive Horse but reading between the lines here there was a good chance you might have become a statistic.

LOL. I'm sure Horse would have been fine.

No chance mate. Had my foil blanket to keep me warm if we had to stay out for the night. Also had my knife with me and with plenty deer would have been ok for tea;) Jacket was a shocker though...total Johnny English out for a stroll.

A bit adventure never hurt anyone...

Pete Seeger

It's spelt with a c i think. Climbed it 2 or 3 years ago. Good climb. Should take a couple of hours or so to get up from the main car park

No chance mate. Had my foil blanket to keep me warm if we had to stay out for the night. Also had my knife with me and with plenty deer would have been ok for tea;) Jacket was a shocker though...total Johnny English out for a stroll.

A bit adventure never hurt anyone...

You wearing the foil jacket on Saturday.

You wearing the foil jacket on Saturday.

need something to keep me warm watching the usual sh y te mate.

Archived