Bulgaria U19 - Belarus U19 1-0

jamboBG

FT Bulgaria U19 - Belarus U19 1-0

Branny assist for goal of Momchil Cvetanov - 18' and alone in 25' with heat in beam. He loss one 50-50 chance in 45' and maked two exellent situation for another guys second half.

Belarusians are very strong guys.

18509_087.JPG 18511_164.JPG

18512_201.JPG18514_248.JPG

18515_275.JPG18518_372.JPG

18516_311.JPG

Second friendly vs. Belarus - 27.03.2008 - 1=30 pm (GMT)

scott herbertson
Bulgaria - Belarus 1-0

lol = take it that's the official press release JamboBG

Good luck to your brother whatever happens

Jambo BG how strong is the Bulgarian team? I seem to remember the Scotland team beating Belarus 8-0 in the Euro Championships a few months ago although it was under 17s i wouldnt have thought there was much of a difference between one age group

Bulgaria - Belarus 1-0

Its amazing how nice you seem to be being to posters lately after it looks like that deal may not happen:rolleyes:

Jambo BG how strong is the Bulgarian team? I seem to remember the Scotland team beating Belarus 8-0 in the Euro Championships a few months ago although it was under 17s i wouldnt have thought there was much of a difference between one age group

Belarus:

Qualifying round

01.11.2007 v Republic of Ireland 2-0

03.11.2007 v Portugal 1-2

06.11.2007 v Andorra 5-1

Standings ?

Group 1 Pld W D L GF GA Pts

Portugal 3 3 0 0 5 2 9

Belarus 3 2 0 1 8 3 6

Republic of Ireland 3 1 0 2 4 4 3

Andorra 3 0 0 3 1 9 0

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under19/teams/team=357155/index.html

10 days ago thay win against Israel 1-0. Israel:

Qualifying round

12.10.2007 v F.Y.R. Macedonia 3-0

14.10.2007 v Finland 1-0

17.10.2007 v Sweden 1-0

Standings ?

Group 6 Pld W D L GF GA Pts

Israel 3 3 0 0 5 0 9

Sweden 3 2 0 1 5 2 6

Finland 3 1 0 2 3 3 3

F.Y.R. Macedonia 3 0 0 3 1 9 0

For elite rounds Bulgaria is in Group with Norway, Iceland and Israel;

Elite round

27.04.2008 v Israel 14:00

29.04.2008 v Norway 18:00

02.05.2008 v Iceland 18:00

Its amazing how nice you seem to be being to posters lately after it looks like that deal may not happen:rolleyes:

Ah thats it, ignore and all will go away.

Tomorrow is not day for treaning - relax! Deal is not your job, but if this idea make you happy - you are free to think any think...

Agreed.

If he's not good enough for us, he's not good enough for Man City.

HMFCjamieHMFC

Why does he need to tell you how the deal is doing. When his brother is consonantly being called **** on her recently and that he wont make it

The lad needs to eat something! He would get battered by most centre halfs!

Kerr at Dundee Utd weighs about 7 stone soaking wet.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Agreed.

If he's not good enough for us, he's not good enough for Man City.

there has been many players who clubs have thought weren't good enough but then went on to do better things

Why does he need to tell you how the deal is doing. When his brother is consonantly being called **** on her recently and that he wont make it

He cant expect to be warmly welcomed from all of the posters on this site after his attitude towards our club. If branny doesnt wana be hear then **** off. Give lads that want to play for us a go instead of wasting resources and money on time wasting money grabbing little fuds.

Clerry Jambo
He cant expect to be warmly welcomed from all of the posters on this site after his attitude towards our club. If branny doesnt wana be hear then **** off. Give lads that want to play for us a go instead of wasting resources and money on time wasting money grabbing little fuds.

Don't sit on that fence Bob:rolleyes:

Kerr at Dundee Utd weighs about 7 stone soaking wet.

apparently theres a guy at River Plate whos only 5 foot 3...

Don't sit on that fence Bob:rolleyes:

Excuse the spelling of my previous post! Work keyboards a peice of crap.

Ray Winstone

Im getting fairly tired of this 'pro Branny' propoganda that the boy spouts on here!

Trys to ram it down our throats how bloody good he is when we havent even seen him near the first team.

I wont believe anything I read until I see him in action for the senior team and he starts to produce and start to pay back Hearts for the money they have put towards his development.

jamboinglasgow
apparently theres a guy at River Plate whos only 5 foot 3...

Messi is a great example for those who claim that small and light people are not what needed for football. He had a growth problem and learnt to use his skill and use of the ball to get past the bigger lads. Now he is one of the best players in the world.

Good to see he's playing a lot of footy around Europe and playing well .

JamboBG can you say whether or not Branny still has the ambition to play for HMFC ?

Would love to see him keep at it till he gets a chance :)

Messi is a great example for those who claim that small and light people are not what needed for football. He had a growth problem and learnt to use his skill and use of the ball to get past the bigger lads. Now he is one of the best players in the world.

yup, fair enough the Scottish league has a reputation for being more 'hustle and bustle', but i dont think its as big an issue as people make out, there will be plenty of hardmen defenders in Spain, just ask Maradona....

yup, fair enough the Scottish league has a reputation for being more 'hustle and bustle', but i dont think its as big an issue as people make out, there will be plenty of hardmen defenders in Spain, just ask Maradona....

I think that if Scotland produced a player as good as Messi, there wouldn't be any problem about the style of football holding him back!

Anyway, as for Kostadinov, if he is good enough to get a contract with Man City then good luck to him. I understand from someone I know who played with him in the year before he signed fully for Hearts that he has a lot of pace but lacks the skills and strength required to make it in the SPL. But it is all about opinions.

Good to see he's playing a lot of footy around Europe and playing well .

JamboBG can you say whether or not Branny still has the ambition to play for HMFC ?

Would love to see him keep at it till he gets a chance :)

Branimir's taste of fantasy football

BARRY ANDERSON

YOUR father counts international superstars like Hristo Stoichkov and Dimitar Berbatov amongst his friends. Sounds like a dream scenario for a kid plotting his football career, but Hearts teenager Branimir Kostadinov has lived the fantasy.

Idolising national heroes is almost a pre-requisite for aspiring footballers and Kostadinov chose to worship two of Bulgaria's finest in Stoichkov and Berbatov. Through dad Petio, a respected agent in Sofia, he was able to befriend both players and glean useful inspiration for a career which is now laced with promise.

Kostadinov first fronted up at Hearts' Riccarton training base as a skinny 16-year-old late in 2005, with little else on his mind other than mimicking the sorcery of Stoichkov and Berbatov: No digs, a minimal command of the English language and, with Bulgaria yet to enrol in the EU at that time, he didn't even have a work permit.

The initial settling-in period in Edinburgh became arduous, for the talented forward was unable to play in competitive under-19 matches. He registered as an amateur player until his country joined the EU in January this year. But by then, he had transformed himself into an English-speaking, iron-pumping young prospect. Now 18, he is edging ever nearer first-team exposure.

A call to the family home Sofia is answered in Bulgarian by a female, who instantly passes the phone to the fluent English speaker of the house. Enter Branimir to talk life, Hearts and heroes.

"Hearts have given me a programme to follow here in Bulgaria so I'm working hard just now. I work with weights every day in the gym to improve my fitness," he says.

"Now my hero is Berbatov but my old hero is Hristo Stoichkov. When I was ten to 14 years old, he was the big player I liked to watch. I met him two or three times when I was growing up because he is a friend of my father, and it was a big honour.

"There was also a friendship between my father and Berbatov's agent. My father helped with his transfer to Bayer Leverkusen and he is a good friend of the family. We didn't see him too much after he went to Germany but he has a big career now with Tottenham. He is a big striker for the national team too, and a good role model for young Bulgarian players like me. I want to reach his level in my career but I also want bigger, like maybe Manchester United's level.

"First, I want to play for Hearts. Hearts is my dream."

Kostadinov flew out of Sofia today on his way back to Edinburgh for pre-season training. Having finally attained the right to play for Hearts in January, the intention is to kick on and make up for lost time during the season ahead.

Promotion of sorts was granted back in March when, along with a handful of under-19 players, he shadowed the first team during a week-long stay in Schneverdingen, Germany. A friendly appearance was recorded against Lithuanian feeder club FBK Kaunas, and last month he helped the under-19s win the Bliz tournament in his native Bulgaria.

"The first time I played with the youth team it was hard because, in Scotland, every player plays hard," says Kostadinov. "In Bulgaria, or places like Germany or Spain, they play with technique. In Scotland and England it's different but I like the British style."

Assistant coach Stephen Frail was first to welcome Kostadinov to Riccarton during his tenure as under-19 coach, and recognised instantly the potential on hand. The kind of promise which heralded 16 goals in 16 games for previous club, LASK Linz of Austria, and brought international youth caps for Bulgaria. The work permit complications had a stifling effect on the young forward, but Frail saw a different character emerge in the second half of last season.

"I watched Branimir during the last few weeks of the season and he was coming on fine," says Frail. "He has struggled a little bit in his time here. He came over and we liked what we saw but red tape prevented him from playing. That was demoralising for him and we had him out playing with an amateur team. You could see the kid working hard in training but at the end of the week he had nothing because he had no game."

He's certainly got a game now. English lessons have seen his command of the language improve tenfold - Kostadinov also speaks German - and the arrival of a buddy in his Edinburgh residence has been of enormous benefit. Dumitru Copil, Hearts' outstanding 17-year-old prospect from Romania has befriended Kostadinov to form an often amusing Bulgaria-Romania double act.

"I'm very happy with my team and with my Scottish family.

I'm friendly with everybody in my team," continues Kostadinov. "The work permit was a big problem but now I can play. It was a very hard situation because I was in Scotland for one year and could only train with the team. It was very sad for me. Now Dumitru is here and we live together. He is a good person and a good friend. My hope is that we can both play in the first team together. He plays right midfield and I can play striker and sometimes midfield.

"Dumitru is from a country so close to Bulgaria and he knows when I am thinking different to a normal Scottish player. Some of the Scots don't understand what I am thinking or what I want in some situations, that's why Dumitru helps me. Maybe my character is similar to his. We are both different from the Scottish character. My English is not perfect but I can speak with everybody and joke with everybody. Dumitru still has some problems with his English but hopefully that will improve in a few months."

If Kostadinov has his way, he and Copil will play pivotal roles in Hearts' future for some time to come.

"I think every single player in the youth team has a chance to make the first team but you need to work extremely hard," he says.

"Now, I think Eggert Jonsson has a big chance because he is such a good player. He can be like Wallace, Elliot and Mole. This gives us all encouragement and I hope I can follow those players next year."

Petio monitors his son's fortunes from afar in Sofia, but he may need to round up Stoichkov, Berbatov and the rest of the family for a trip to Tynecastle next season if young Kostadinov achieves his aim.

This is the answer. Now I will go to the national stadium, because we (Bulgaria) have friendly versus Finland. Tomorrow I will inform you evening for second friendly of Bulgaria U19s versus Belarus U19s.

:rolleyes:

6 posts on this thread from you and you?ve managed to sound like the wee hole between the buttocks in each of them...

Archived