rob ogleby

michaeljambo22

michaeljambo22

was watching his interview on hearts tv it showed some of his goal there was some cool finishes could be worth a place on the bench especially with big kk out

I've got mixed views on this.

I always like to see our young players given a chance in the first team to prove themselves. At the same time I don't want to see them rushed into a role with a lot of pressure on them to perform, that might damage their confidence if they make a mistake.

I say give him a full season with u-19s before rushing him into the first team, from what I hear, he's having a pretty good season with the u-19s

Footballfirst

I'm sure he came to Heartts with a 2 year contract, so he will be here next season, although I guess he could be loaned out to see how he fares in the SFL.

The boy has great pace,clever link play,can finish and a fair bit of skill.I would'nt put him in the first team squad as yet.One or two areas can be improved with continued coaching /games at u19 level.But definetely one for the future methinks.....

Johanes de Silentio

Good enough, old enough.

That's what I think - if we had a laddie that was ridiculously good at 17, they'd get games - Robbo, Bowman, and McKay all played at 17.

With 7 subs, there's room to have a couple of youngsters on the bench to give them a run out for the last 10/15 - that's how Burley was easing in Wallace.

When Rooney burst on to the scene at Everton, they woulda been mental to keep him in the youth team.

I think Hearts are pretty poor when it comes to exposing young strikers to the first team.

They seem to get a chance, couple of games or so then the expectancy gets too much and they fade away.

I'd like to see Hearts blood young strikers every chance they get... Last 15 mins, cup games whatever... We have 2 T's doin the bizz right now but are still more likely to field Obua or Stevenson up front than a young gun, Glen, Elliot etc..

I'd like to see Ogleby on the bench tomorrow.

That's what I think - if we had a laddie that was ridiculously good at 17, they'd get games - Robbo, Bowman, and McKay all played at 17.

With 7 subs, there's room to have a couple of youngsters on the bench to give them a run out for the last 10/15 - that's how Burley was easing in Wallace.

When Rooney burst on to the scene at Everton, they woulda been mental to keep him in the youth team.

Rooney is the exception that proves the rule.

Was Alex Ferguson mental when he loaned David Beckham to Preston North End.

I am all for bleeding players in gently. I actually do think JJ should be giving our youngster a little more gametime from the bench. Maybe when we get rid of the dross in our squad it will be easier.

If they are ready, JJ will give them a run.

You cant flood the team with too many young players, we have a pretty young squad as it is.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm more excited about Smith returning next season. He's been great for Stirling, who knows what he could do with a 1st team pre season under his belt. Scored a beauty against the Hibs already as well so he'll get plenty time from the fans.

Johanes de Silentio

Was Alex Ferguson mental when he loaned David Beckham to Preston North End.

You'll never win the league wi' kids! :thumbsup:

You'll never win the league wi' kids! :thumbsup:

That proves my point.

Ferguson manages his young players with great care so they are ready. He doesn't just fling them all in at 17-18.

I think Hearts are pretty poor when it comes to exposing young strikers to the first team.

They seem to get a chance, couple of games or so then the expectancy gets too much and they fade away.

I'd like to see Hearts blood young strikers every chance they get... Last 15 mins, cup games whatever... We have 2 T's doin the bizz right now but are still more likely to field Obua or Stevenson up front than a young gun, Glen, Elliot etc..

I'd like to see Ogleby on the bench tomorrow.

The only poential issue with this bringing him into the 1st team bench means missing u19 matches and losing match sharpness.

Johanes de Silentio

That proves my point.

Ferguson manages his young players with great care so they are ready. He doesn't just fling them all in at 17-18.

What age was Robbo, though? Or Naysmith? ;)

The only poential issue with this bringing him into the 1st team bench means missing u19 matches and losing match sharpness.

Agreed

The Old Tolbooth

As things stand right now we only have one striker who is actually fit who is any good, and we have a home game coming up against our nearest challengers for 3rd place. I'd much rather see Ogleby start up front with Elliott than see Stevenson pushed into a position that he's not familiar with (and not very good at), or the absolutely hopeless Obua wasting a jersey up front when someone who is young, hungry, and quick, could be getting their chance, he certainly can't be any worse of an option than Stevenson or Obua up front.

There's too many comparisons to Fergie's Man Utd and how he doesn't throw kids in etc but nurtures them through, we're not Man Utd and never will be Man Utd, and we simply don't have any strength in depth when it comes to strikers like they do, so making comparisons to them is a bit false imo.

If Fergie was so short of front men for his cup game this weekend and only had Berbatov fit for instance with everyone else out injured, you can be rest assured that he would have no hesitation in pitching one of his young players into the squad rather than play someone out of position just to fill the space.

If Rob Ogleby has been showing touches of class for the U19's, then lets get him into the first team to see where he really is at this early stage of his career, we'll never know unless it's tried, and it would save me/us having to suffer flipping Obua!

I'm more excited about Smith returning next season. He's been great for Stirling, who knows what he could do with a 1st team pre season under his belt. Scored a beauty against the Hibs already as well so he'll get plenty time from the fans.

Definitely this. He was excellent in a dreary St Mirren cup game as well. I think the lad has a big future at the club.

As for Ogleby, when he is ready, JJ will play him. Very happy to let JJ decide when that is.

was watching his interview on hearts tv it showed some of his goal there was some cool finishes could be worth a place on the bench especially with big kk out

Have to agree with you on that one put him on the bench and if things are going well give the lad 10 & 15 mins game time to break him in gentle for next season its not rocket science.

Grumpy.

Footballfirst

JJ hasn't actually given a debut to any of the young players as yet. All the youngsters he has played got their debuts under Csaba.

With the U19 game off today, then why not put a couple on the bench and let the fans see them at least.

What age was Robbo, though? Or Naysmith? ;)

Ok, if Ogelby is new Robbo or Rooney then yes, play him from the start against Dundee United but the way JJ has dealt with Craig Thomson and David Templeton is a more realistic approach to dealing with youngsters and they are older than 17-18.

Yea I think we our terrible when it comes to young strikers. We are all supportive, hoping for the roy of the Rovers storyline. They do ok, maybe even score a goal, then we expect them to be 20 goal a seasons strikers within a year and quickly start to use their goal to game ratio against them as proof they arent good enough.

Have all the posters asking for him to be included actually seen him play (FF excepted obviously)? On the rare occasions I've seen him, he looks to have something about him and undoubtedly has potential but imo has a bit to go until he is ready for the 1st team.

Johanes de Silentio

Ok, if Ogelby is new Robbo or Rooney then yes, play him from the start against Dundee United but the way JJ has dealt with Craig Thomson and David Templeton is a more realistic approach to dealing with youngsters and they are older than 17-18.

:thumbsup:

Archived