Fabregas vs. Iniesta

Budgie.

Fabregas vs. Iniesta  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these statements do you agree most with?

• Fabregas isn't good enough to lace Iniesta's boots and is far, far away from being as good as he is
    • Iniesta is the better player right now but Cesc isn't too far away

:rofl:

How pathetic.

Just doing as instructed by AP...

Good try but why is this poll not about the difference in quality between fabregas and iniesta? Where i rank iniesta is irrelevant in the debate. Make another poll please.

Na, you're just taking it too far now. It's quite sad that you just can't admit you're wrong.

Your entire argument is based on a couple of polls and a Ballon d'Or nomination, which doesn't mean anything when it comes down to their true ability on the pitch. But the same rankings and nominations you're using to base your argument on don't actually come out in your favour if you look at the placements of the players in such rankings.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Tragic.

You have also misquoted me because I was referring to Xavi as well.

You have lost this one big time, stop embarrassing yourself.

You talk some amount of pish.

Fabregas is every much as good as xavi and iniesta and wilkshire is not far behind.

Messi was not the best player on the park, wilkshire was. That is why arsenal won and barca never.

:vrface:

Fabregas, as good as he is, couldn't lace Xavi or Iniesta's boots. Do you realise how good they are??

Here is what the argument started from.

The Teacher has just completely lost the plot and is going oot his mind trying to defeat me.

Shame because it was a decent, entertaining debate last night. I wouldn't have even mentioned it today until I saw your stupid polls, tbh. When do the schools go back? :rolleyes:

Na, you're just taking it too far now. It's quite sad that you just can't admit you're wrong.

Your entire argument is based on a couple of polls and a Ballon d'Or nomination, which doesn't mean anything when it comes down to their true ability on the pitch. But the same rankings and nominations you're using to base your argument on don't actually come out in your favour if you look at the placements of the players in such rankings.

Tragic.

You have also misquoted me because I was referring to Xavi as well.

You have lost this one big time, stop embarrassing yourself.

Let's wait and see the results of the poll and we'll see who is embarrassed.

To clarify the main argument once again:

Alan Partridge believes Fabregas isn't fit to lace Iniesta's shoes and is far, far away frombeing as good.

I believe that is a massive exaggeration and I'm confident kickback will agree.

(i haven't included Xavi as I don't disagree that he is a legend)

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Alan Partridge believes Fabregas isn't fit to lace Iniesta's shoes and is far, far away frombeing as good.

You can't just pick parts out of my statement ffs! :laugh:

Include Xavi or the poll is null and void. Besides, I've already said Kickback polls count for nothing. I could point you to the poll Kick Ass started where over double agree but it's just folks opinions on the internet.

You can't just pick parts out of my statement ffs! :laugh:

Include Xavi or the poll is null and void. Besides, I've already said Kickback polls count for nothing. I could point you to the poll Kick Ass started where over double agree but it's just folks opinions on the internet.

Including Xavi or not makes absolutely no difference.

If people don't think the statement

"Fabregas isn't good enough to lace Iniesta's boots"

isn't true then by logic they also think the statement

"Fabregas isn't good enough to lace Xavi and Iniesta's boots"

isn't true.

To be fair to partridge it isn't a fair poll. It's a poll asking you to choose between 2 specific statements which weights the argument firmly in teachers favour. Most peoples actual opinions will not be represented accurately by either of those 2 statements.

In short, the poll is shite.

I'll pop back later and see how the poll is going and then we'll be able to finally settle this argument.

:lol:

You do that. If you want to kid on you have won the debate then just do it. I'll play along. 'You have won Teacher, well done'.

Ignore the MOUNTAIN of evidence I have provided and go on the back of a Kickback poll. Great stuff.

Arthur Morgan

To be fair to partridge it isn't a fair poll. It's a poll asking you to choose between 2 specific statements which weights the argument firmly in teachers favour. Most peoples actual opinions will not be represented accurately by either of those 2 statements.

This. It's pretty pointless tbh even though I did vote for option number 2.

You do that. If you want to kid on you have won the debate then just do it. I'll play along. 'You have won Teacher, well done'.

Ignore the MOUNTAIN of evidence I have provided and go on the back of a Kickback poll. Great stuff.

I must have missed this MOUNTAIN of evidence. The only thing you posted was that Barca had won lots of trophie in the past few years.

To be fair, one option is Partridge's opinion and the other is my opinion.

He has made it clear he thinks option 2 isn't true and I think option 1 isn't true.

What makes the poll unfair?

That's because he can't argue a point. All he's done is brought up stats, which didn't show anything in favour of his argument and some nominations, when looked into actually favoured the other side. Then created a poll that will somehow prove he's right by him making out his side to be the modest reasonable view and ours to be extreme and mental. Plus the fact that he's deliberately misinterpreted the post that he's used to boil our argument down to one line. I'd also like to add that he ignores your post if you prove him wrong, then picks on one part that he thinks me might be able to worm an argument out of.

He argues like a Young Earth Creationist.

The Teacher. I've admitted you have won on the back of a Kickback poll, GIVE IT A REST! Must be painful for others to read. You have ground me down.

If anyone wants to read the debate in it's proper context (it had nothing to do with the Teacher until the end) it is on the Arsenal v Barcelona thread. There are numerous stats and opinions of the best in the game. Make your own minds up. :)

I'm tempted to start a Mendieta v Iniesta poll just to make an arse of you but I won't stoop down to your childish level.

:verysmug:

Charlie-Brown

That's because he can't argue a point. All he's done is brought up stats, which didn't show anything in favour of his argument and some nominations, when looked into actually favoured the other side. Then created a poll that will somehow prove he's right by him making out his side to be the modest reasonable view and ours to be extreme and mental. Plus the fact that he's deliberately misinterpreted the post that he's used to boil our argument down to one line. I'd also like to add that he ignores your post if you prove him wrong, then picks on one part that he thinks me might be able to worm an argument out of.

He argues like a Young Earth Creationist.

If he turns out to be a biology teacher then that's gonna hurt! :)

If he turns out to be a biology teacher then that's gonna hurt! :)

I just hope he doesn't take his overbearing dogmatic approach into the classroom.

Here are some macaroni pictures made by the rest of the class, 90% have made a dog with wheels. Therefore I win.

FFS! An argument based on what Pizza said....he's claiming that Liverpool will win the league next year. :facepalm:

Bawson will collect ?100 from him easily.

To be fair, one option is Partridge's opinion and the other is my opinion.

He has made it clear he thinks option 2 isn't true and I think option 1 isn't true.

What makes the poll unfair?

Because it only covers 2 very specific options. Your opinion and one which you say is partridges. The majority of peoples views will differ slightly as an example my opinion is that fabregas is nowhere near as good as iniesta at the moment and whereas he may get closer to that level he will never quite achieve it. Someone elses opinion MAY be that fabregas will go on to be world player of the year and easily end up better than iniesta.

The list of possible opinions is almost endless but your options are just too specific for a general poll

Because it only covers 2 very specific options. Your opinion and one which you say is partridges. The majority of peoples views will differ slightly as an example my opinion is that fabregas is nowhere near as good as iniesta at the moment and whereas he may get closer to that level he will never quite achieve it. Someone elses opinion MAY be that fabregas will go on to be world player of the year and easily end up better than iniesta.

The list of possible opinions is almost endless but your options are just too specific for a general poll

Not really john.

It isn't about the future, it's about just now so it doesn't matter what you think about will happen in the next few years.

It simply asks how much better you think Iniesta is than Fabregas.

Frankenstein Jambo.

FFS! An argument based on what Pizza said....he's claiming that Liverpool will win the league next year. :facepalm:

Bawson will collect ?100 from him easily.

Don't bring my name into this.

I aint started no poll and I was merely stating my opinion. Didn't think this would boil over.

The teacher is a grass.

Then why didn't you make a poll saying Who is the better player?

Iniesta by a mile

Iniesta just

Both the same

Fabregas just

Fabregas by a mile

Instead of your two option poll that wrongly portrays our argument, and would heavily favour your to someone reading it for the first time, without understanding that you have wrongly appropriated the first option to us?

Not really john.

It isn't about the future, it's about just now so it doesn't matter what you think about will happen in the next few years.

'iniesta is the better player right now but cesc isn't too far away' that statement would suggest you are saying that fabregas may be as good a player as iniesta in the FUTURE.

Iniesta is better why argue how much better? Quite a bit better, isn't that enough?

Right now at this time Xavi is better than Fabregas.Not sure Xavi was as good as Fabregas at the same age as he was almost punted from Barca at the age of 26.But in the last 4 or 5 years he has(Xavi)matured into the best midfield player on the planet.Think Iniesta is a different type of player,he and Xavi compliment each other so well and Busquets who is totally underrated in that Barca midfield.

If Fabregas returns to Barcelona then he might reach the next level.

Xavi and Iniesta are way better and have been for years and years and years...

Aye, but they're too wee and need to bulk up etc

Then why didn't you make a poll saying Who is the better player?

Iniesta by a mile

Iniesta just

Both the same

Fabregas just

Fabregas by a mile

Instead of your two option poll that wrongly portrays our argument, and would heavily favour your to someone reading it for the first time, without understanding that you have wrongly appropriated the first option to us?

I think we both know what the result of that poll would be so I'd be happy for you to start it. I predict at least 60% of people voting for Iniesta just.

I think we both know what the result of that poll would be so I'd be happy for you to start it. I predict at least 60% of people voting for Iniesta just.

You're the one with the hard-on for polls, I've already said that it doesn't prove anything one way or another.

Knock yourself out. :thumbsup:

Okay, let's sum all this up as it's starting to drag on (and I want to give AP a chance to show some of his MOUNTAIN of evidence)

Issue 1

AP's statement - "Fabregas isn't good enough to lace Xavi or Iniesta's boots"

My statement - "Iniesta is the better player but Fabregas isn't too far off him"

My evidence:

-In the last four years, Fabregas has been voted within the top 20 players in the world (8th, 19th, 12th, 19th) while Iniesta has only been voted in the top 20 in the last two years (4th and 2nd). Clearly thi shows that Iniesta is superior right now but it also shows that the gap between them is not that big.

-As pointed out by others, Iniesta is part of a wonderful team at Barca and part of a stunning system with players like Xavi, Messi, Villa etc. Fabregas does not have the same standard of team-mates alongside him.

-AP posted the honours won by all three players and while Iniesta has many more team awards thanks to the success of Barca, Fabregas has many more individual awards, dating back to 2003.

Some quotes:

"Cesc Fabregas is a worldwide star. I am a lover of his game. Cesc is a player able to succeed at any club in the world. We need to stop Cesc." - David Villa

'You look for players who could triumph at Barcelona and there are not that many. But Cesc is one of those players" - Xavi

"He has taken on another dimension. People forget that he is 23 years old" - Arsene Wenger

In a poll, almost three quarters of KBers disagree with your statement.

Issue 2

AP - "Iniesta and Xavi are among the top ten midfielders of all time"

I don't think for a second Iniesta can be classed amongst the best ever when he has only played at a world class standard for the past two or three years.

-I gave you a list of (arguably) the top ten midfielders of the last 50 years (never mind all time) and asked you which Iniesta would replace and you weren't able to do that.

-In the poll, over three quarters of kickback disagreed with you.

In conclusion, you have made two silly statements and have absolutely no evidence to back either up. Therefore, you have resorted to your usual childish antics and started mocking the poll results just because they don't agree with you.

You're the one with the hard-on for polls, I've already said that it doesn't prove anything one way or another.

Knock yourself out. :thumbsup:

NO! No more polls pleaaaassee. :woot:

Okay, let's sum all this up as it's starting to drag on (and I want to give AP a chance to show some of his MOUNTAIN of evidence)

Issue 1

AP's statement - "Fabregas isn't good enough to lace Xavi or Iniesta's boots"

My statement - "Iniesta is the better player but Fabregas isn't too far off him"

My evidence:

-In the last four years, Fabregas has been voted within the top 20 players in the world (8th, 19th, 12th, 19th) while Iniesta has only been voted in the top 20 in the last two years (4th and 2nd). Clearly thi shows that Iniesta is superior right now but it also shows that the gap between them is not that big.

-As pointed out by others, Iniesta is part of a wonderful team at Barca and part of a stunning system with players like Xavi, Messi, Villa etc. Fabregas does not have the same standard of team-mates alongside him.

-AP posted the honours won by all three players and while Iniesta has many more team awards thanks to the success of Barca, Fabregas has many more individual awards, dating back to 2003.

Some quotes:

"Cesc Fabregas is a worldwide star. I am a lover of his game. Cesc is a player able to succeed at any club in the world. We need to stop Cesc." - David Villa

'You look for players who could triumph at Barcelona and there are not that many. But Cesc is one of those players" - Xavi

"He has taken on another dimension. People forget that he is 23 years old" - Arsene Wenger

In a poll, almost three quarters of KBers disagree with your statement.

Issue 2

AP - "Iniesta and Xavi are among the top ten midfielders of all time"

I don't think for a second Iniesta can be classed amongst the best ever when he has only played at a world class standard for the past two or three years.

-I gave you a list of (arguably) the top ten midfielders of the last 50 years (never mind all time) and asked you which Iniesta would replace and you weren't able to do that.

-In the poll, over three quarters of kickback disagreed with you.

In conclusion, you have made two silly statements and have absolutely no evidence to back either up. Therefore, you have resorted to your usual childish antics and started mocking the poll results just because they don't agree with you.

:rofl:

Honestly, why are you comparing your quotes with mine? I wasn't even ******* discussing it with you! :rofl:

Stop it.

Can we just agree that you're all correct or something so we can stop this borefest polluting the board now?

I said this to him hours ago yet he's still slavering pish. Strange little man.

Yeah, I'll join that.

The Teacher, you're 100% right in everything you have asserted. I retract any comments I've made on this subject and fully agree with your opinion. Well done.

For arguments sake i`d say Iniesta is a better player. Fabregas produced a sublime pass for the winner but there was a gaping hole that any good player should spot. Otherwise, i think Fabregas can be posted missing amongst the top players at times. Alot of his stuff doesn`t come off in the genuine big games whereas the likes of Iniesta and Xavi are very consistent.

BTW, remember we are comparing fine players. Fabregas is a very good player but when comparing with the best i think he is short at the moment.

Iniesta is not one of the ten best midfielders of all time.I'm

Not even sure he would make top 20,great player that he is.

• 3 weeks later...

Fabregas done well for the first goal tonight before getting subbed. :thumbsup:

Iniesta ... well, what can you say. :yas:

Chad Sexington

Case closed.

Coffee and waffles?

article-1095443-01BE3BBC0000044D-934_468x382.jpg

Chris Benoit

I'm with you on this one AP, as good as Fabregas is I doubt he'll reach the standards set by Iniesta.

I actually think Wilshire will go on and become a better player than Fabregas

Case closed.

Coffee and waffles?

article-1095443-01BE3BBC0000044D-934_468x382.jpg

The Teacher and Mothy both depart with their tails between their legs after locking horns with Alan Partridge.

:verysmug:

I'm with you on this one AP, as good as Fabregas is I doubt he'll reach the standards set by Iniesta.

I actually think Wilshire will go on and become a better player than Fabregas

Time for a poll ?

Archived