Is that the end of Bouzid's involvment?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Given that Webster went straight into the team on Saturday, and is likely to retain his place, can we assume that Bouzid's on the bench for the rest of the season and then off at the end of his contract?

And, given the way he hoored himself (allegedly) in the window, does it matter?

Johanes de Silentio

Given that Webster went straight into the team on Saturday, and is likely to retain his place, can we assume that Bouzid's on the bench for the rest of the season and then off at the end of his contract?

Goncalves still appeared now and then as cover, so maybe not - I'd guess that JJ would prefer to play Bouzid over Barr or Kucharski, but there's always Mrowiec or Eggert.

Hard to say - it may not be totally JJ's call.

Big Bad Bouzid did not whore himself about unless you believe the Sc*m..

Big Bad Bouzid has been a good defender.

No.15 is a good defender.

No.15 is a dick.

his choice was the premirship :lol: just like the Shepherd :whistling:

There's no reason to think that there's any sort of problem between Bouzid and the club so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him play again but probably only if we find ourselves with injuries or suspensions.

And he didn't 'hoor' himself out either. There was interest in him and he answered questions about it. There's a big difference.

Think barring injury disaster, It's unlikely we'll see Bouzid play a first team game again.

There's been a lot of slating of the guy for touting himself to other clubs but anyone who read the article could see what he was asked and what he said and he has nothing to answer to.

Good luck to the guy and hope he gets a move he's happy with at the end of his contract.

Thanks for the memories Bouzzy :thumbsup:

It's ironic that Bouzid is seen as the bad guy just because he did a couple of interviews where he probably said he had an ambition to play in the epl.

Meanwhile his replacement is welcomed with open arms after whooring himself not once but twice.

Goldstone Wonder

Leaving aside the "good guy, bad guy" discussion, there surely can't be any argument that Webster is a far better defender than Bouzid, can there?

jambo_til_i_die

Webster was only in the team last Saturday because, well, that was the easiest game you could probably break someone into the team.

Johanes de Silentio

Webster was only in the team last Saturday because, well, that was the easiest game you could probably break someone into the team.

I don't think that's true.

well bar one , ;)

I'm going to defend Bouzid here. I think he has had a very good season. I wasn't really convinced with him last season as I thought he was guilty of giving away to many fouls around the area, but this year I think he has cut out the rash tackles and performed pretty well. Since the Falkirk league cup game our defensive record has been very good (with the exception of a couple of trips to Darkheid), Bouzid has been part of that, putting in a couple of MOM performance along the way. He's been solid and his distibution can be very good at times. He mabye isn't the quickest but neither is he noticably slow, I dont recall Webster being blessed with lightning pace either.

I've not seen much of Webster playing recently but wont judge him as being better than Bouzy without seeing him play a few games first. I would give Webster a run just now to see what he can do but I do think Bouzid can consider himself unlucky to be dropped.

In the end I suppose it will come down to how much money he would want to stay but I wouldnt be dissappointed if he signed another contract as I see him as better cover than Barr, McGowan or Kucharski at the moment.

If you look at Bouzid's playing career you will see that he signs a contract for 2 years, plays for 2 years then moves on. He doesn't extend contracts.

So, I think it's worthwhile that we bed Webster back into the team ASAP so that him and Zal start forming a bond for next season.

The Treasurer

With the current squad Bouzid is no longer a first choice.

However should either Zal or Webster be unavailable then he would be an automatic choice to replace them.

I can't believe that people are so quick to write off a player who has been almost ever present in one of the best defences in the league.

mahgrassyshoes

My only real complaint about Bouzid is he sometims looks to play the ball high and long too often. He doesn't mix it up. But I guess that's not his job, I just think it gifts the opposition possession too easily sometimes.

Sick of hearing he "hoored" himself in the transfer window, i think it's been told enough that was the Sun making trouble.

He's had a great season this year, but he isn't as good as he thinks. I think Webster is the better defender, but I would like Bouzid to stick around to keep him and Zal on their toes. Just because you are the better player doesn't automatically mean you will play better.

With the current squad Bouzid is no longer a first choice.

However should either Zal or Webster be unavailable then he would be an automatic choice to replace them.

I can't believe that people are so quick to write off a player who has been almost ever present in one of the best defences in the league.

Not just Bouzid either. Jonsson and Ruben have also been critised from a lot of angles this season despite being a major part in our excellent defensive record.

There's no reason to think that there's any sort of problem between Bouzid and the club so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him play again but probably only if we find ourselves with injuries or suspensions.

And he didn't 'hoor' himself out either. There was interest in him and he answered questions about it. There's a big difference.

This.

Leave him alone. All JJ and Romanov are doing is looking at what will give us the best chance of Hearts being successful going forward. In this regard Bouzid is of only of use as cover because he does not see his future at Hearts. Fair play to him and I wish him well.

If you want to crucify anyone for treatment of Hearts it should be Webster, and I would go along to watch him burn at the cross.

Could it be argued a Webster/Bouzid partnership would be better than Web/Zal? Or will Webster reign in Zal`s sporadic bombscare moments?

On the face of it you look at Webster and Zal as the more accomplished and best organisers of the CH`s we have, but despite Bouzid`s lack of pace which is often spoke about the guy doesn`t make as many mistakes as Zaliukas. He`s defo more of your no-nonesense type out of what we have, a brave tackler who will put himself on the line.

Time will tell what will be the better combo.

Could it be argued a Webster/Bouzid partnership would be better than Web/Zal? Or will Webster reign in Zal`s sporadic bombscare moments?

On the face of it you look at Webster and Zal as the more accomplished and best organisers of the CH`s we have, but despite Bouzid`s lack of pace which is often spoke about the guy doesn`t make as many mistakes as Zaliukas. He`s defo more of your no-nonesense type out of what we have, a brave tackler who will put himself on the line.

Time will tell what will be the better combo.

If Zaliukas and Webster clicked then it could be a ridiculously good centre pairing.

My only worry would be Zal may not trust Webster in case he stabs him in the back when he's not looking.

I think Zal will improve further now as he doesn't have to worry about covering for Bouzid, although he relishes that additional responsibility.

If you have 2 players in the squad, both playing the same position, one being a better player than the other...do you field the weaker of the two ?

Erm, NAW !!

So Webster plays, Bouzid doesnt..the End !

Snake Plissken

All that has happened is a better player is now available in Bouzid's position.

He will cover for injuries/suspensions between now and the end of the season when he'll move on. He's been prefectly decent for us and he'll be perfectly good if he's needed to play.

The end.

Bouzid is poor, he has found himself playing next to a decent defender (zal( and has found a level probably above his actual ability! He is to rash and clumsy for the EPL, if he leaves us I would be very shocked if it was to a club of a higher standard than us!!

Webster is now the best defender we have, yes he is a grade a stroker, and for me fills the missing link we've need for seasons, a good strong scottish defender! We need someone who understands the Scottish game and who understands what a big scalp we are to the smaller clubs, webster fits that bill. The spin of the team now understands scottish football and for mw that has been the key to our success this season!

Not privy to what he or his agent have or have not done to instigate a move but I would imagine he might not feature again in the starting eleven. He'll probably be on the bench and may come on in a game, but Webster should retain his position.

****'s sake. This is easy. Bouzid has done well this season, but Webster is better. Anyone who actually objects about a report in the Sun in the run-up to an OF game really needs to get a grip. In any case, he will likely be unemployed in the summer, so he really needs to be looking for his next club. No sign that I can see that Hearts want to keep him on.

Not privy to what he or his agent have or have not done to instigate a move but I would imagine he might not feature again in the starting eleven. He'll probably be on the bench and may come on in a game, but Webster should retain his position.

He isn't trying to instigate a move. He is out of contract at the end of the season, and his agent, quite rightly, will be trying to get him the best dal available. I really can't see what there is to object to here.

He isn't trying to instigate a move. He is out of contract at the end of the season, and his agent, quite rightly, will be trying to get him the best dal available. I really can't see what there is to object to here.

I don't object whatsoever and I agree that he could well be without a club come August. Has he or his agent been mentioned as trying to initiate a renewal of his contract?

Snake Plissken

****'s sake. This is easy. Bouzid has done well this season, but Webster is better. Anyone who actually objects about a report in the Sun in the run-up to an OF game really needs to get a grip. In any case, he will likely be unemployed in the summer, so he really needs to be looking for his next club. No sign that I can see that Hearts want to keep him on.

Yet another good post.

Difficult to argue with any of that. I do think some of the criticism of Bouzid, performance wise in particular, has been incredibly harsh. the win over Rangers recently he was immense and bar a couple of poor performances he's been an important part of a largely excellent defensive unit.

I don't object whatsoever and I agree that he could well be without a club come August. Has he or his agent been mentioned as trying to initiate a renewal of his contract?

I don't know. It seems that neither side is desperately interested in extending. The club seem profoundly not bothered about resigning him, which is fine by me, but I don't really think Bouzid has done a lot wrong (either on or off the pitch).

I don't know. It seems that neither side is desperately interested in extending. The club seem profoundly not bothered about resigning him, which is fine by me, but I don't really think Bouzid has done a lot wrong (either on or off the pitch).

Correct. Like you I think Webster is a lot better than him so shoul dbe first pick. Webster is also better than Zal on previous performances.

Charlie-Brown

Going back 3 or 4 years none of Fyssas, Jankauskas, Brellier, Tall, Pinilla, Makela, Beslija, Karipidis, Neilson, Aguiar, Kingston, Stewart, Goncalves or Nade got their contracts renewed indeed apart from younger players & some Kaunas players Iam struggling to think of any first team players that got kept on once their contract was up?

Thus far no sign yet of Bouzid, Palazeulos, Kucharski, Mole etc getting new deals?

After reading this I looked up the disciplinary stats for Zaliukas and he's currently sitting on 4 yellow cards I think he needs another 5 to get a suspension, He managed to keep the total down to 3 last season

It's a measure of how much composure he's gained when you consider that he got 4 reds the season before (and 5 yellows)

Going back 3 or 4 years none of Fyssas, Jankauskas, Brellier, Tall, Pinilla, Makela, Beslija, Karipidis, Neilson, Aguiar, Kingston, Stewart, Goncalves or Nade got their contracts renewed indeed apart from younger players & some Kaunas players Iam struggling to think of any first team players that got kept on once their contract was up?

This seems to suggest that none of the abovementioned were offered renewed contracts, yet I thought some of them were but chose not to accept the new terms.

The White Cockade

Goncalves was definitely offered a new contract

Most of the rest wanted to go anyway

As far as Bouzid is concerned I am guessing Webster is his replacement and we won't see much of him now

Did a decent job for us and seemed to always give 100% so good luck to him whatever happens

Webster is a far better player though imo

It's a bit of a shame for Bouzid really. I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as some people made out, he just needed a good partner beside him.

He wasn't exactly a classy defender, but he was uncompromising. Decent enough player for Hearts and scored a very good goal against Sellik into the bargain. Thought he was starting to come onto a game in recent weeks, but that's football.

winston churchill

when big bad bouzid arrived at the club he was a shan centre half.

when big bad bouzid leaves the club he will still be a shan centre half.

thankfully we have at last replaced the spam with steak.

i'll ask the question again.

it's funny how vlad/JJ don't want to offer him a new deal or anybody else on a pre contract.

are the oldfirm and the EPL clubs still fighting over him :lol:

it's funny how vlad/JJ don't want to offer him a new deal or anybody else on a pre contract.

You get your jollies in the strangest of ways Winston but nice to see you having a good time.

Do you ever ever ever say anything remotely positive about ANY of our players?

You're like a pantomime baddy these days winston.

Snake Plissken

yawning.gif

It's very simple, Bouzid is back up, he will be needed, it is highly unlikey that Hearts will finish the season without losing a central defender for at least on game, probably more.

Johanes de Silentio

Do you ever ever ever say anything remotely positive about ANY of our players?

You're like a pantomime baddy these days winston.

Tedius, isn't it?

Bouzid is gone... Webster is here to stay and I for one am happy with that.

Bouzid was average and if anything Hearts made him better, no malice to the guy but a back four of CThomson / Webster / Zaliukas / Wallace looks pretty good to me!

I reckon next season we might even see Barr replacing Zal too as I reckon he might be away soon too!

JamboAberdeen

Like many have said, can't see Bouzid again on the pitch, simply due to his contract situation.

As VR did to Zali until he signed new contract, this is the current club policy for players out of contract but refusing to sign new one.

Thank you Bouzid for your contribution especially on the winning run last year, and best wish for the future.

Please do not slam the door shut.

tartofmidlothian

Think he'll be off in the summer and I don't mind now that Webster's here.

Still, wouldn't be surprised if we see three at the back used against the OF at some point.

Archived