Champions League Final

Harry Palmer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9401141.stm

Fans will have to pay ?176 for the cheapest ticket on general sale for this season's Champions League final, to be played at Wembley on 28 May.

The "category three" tickets cost ?150 plus an administration fee of ?26.

However, for fans of the clubs involved in the final, the cheapest tickets will be priced at about ?80.

Uefa's director of competitions, Giorgio Marchetti, said the prices were in line with comparable events such as the World Cup final.

He said: "We don't think that the Champions League final is overpriced.

"We do not want to squeeze every single penny out of the market.

"We have to benchmark this event against other comparable events, like for example the final of the Euros and the World Cup.

"Last year there was already a significant increase compared to the previous editions but it's nothing to do with being in London and it is still priced below comparable events."

Uefa announced that 11,000 tickets will be available on general sale.

Prices, not including administration fees, start at ?150 rising to ?225 and ?300, with wheelchair entry costing ?80.

A number of ?80 tickets will be available among the 25,000 allocated to each club in the final.

Far too dear, but I'll apply for a couple. These prices are similar to the prices for visitors to South Africa, thou I only paid about ?50 for the Glasgow final and the EUFA final was about the same.

Problem Officer?

If Wembley holds 90,000, and there's 25,000 allocated to each finalist + 11,000 for general sale, where has the remaining 29,000 tickets disappeared to? :S

If Wembley holds 90,000, and there's 25,000 allocated to each finalist + 11,000 for general sale, where has the remaining 29,000 tickets disappeared to? :S

Corporate hospitality, of course. :verymad:

Not that I can see what the fuss is here. Fans should be grateful for the privilege of paying through the nose for Michel and Sepp's sumptuous seven course banquet if you ask me... :mellow:

I was in Rio de Janeiro in 2008 at the time the copa libetadores final, South America champions league equivalent, was happening in the Maracana. Me an Arsenal fan and a fan from the smelly side of the city, I know but I took pity on him, went into a travel agents and got seats on the half way line for...... wait for it ........ ?13 each!! this was the dearest ticket. The travel agent said the tickets were expensive and was that price ok, hell yeah and what a game it was. Much better than the champions league final will be

"We have to benchmark this event against other comparable events, like for example the final of the Euros and the World Cup.

The spokesman added:

One of which, come to think of it, we actually set the prices for in any case. Oh, and I suppose we co-operate very closely with FIFA on the World Cup final ticket prices too. So yes, we are in fact taking the supporters for every last cent they've got. I just never realised it before.

:conf11::conf11::conf11:

The Champions League is every year. The World Cup and Euros are every four years. How can you justify setting the same prices?

The ordinary football fan takes the hit once again.

?26 admin fee?? For what? Also, 25,000 tickets per team is a joke: it should be 40,000 each, 5,000 general sale and the rest to the fat cats/media.

******* ridiculous prices and amount of allocation, but it's what we've come to expect from the back-scratching, self-preserving pricks from FIFA/UEFA.

And I thought that Michel Platini was going to good things for the fans being an ex pro in all. Yeah that never happened. Too busy hangin oot of Blatter's erse

jambo_til_i_die

Those prices are a disgrace, even if I had plenty of money to burn I would refuse to pay that.

Has the game gone mad?

Nelly Terraces

Platini is a dangerous Xenaphobe, and obviously has learnt fast the ways of running football at this level - cash and ludicrous gluttony 1st - people a long way 2nd.

"The football family" F'ing jeezuz, pass me the sick bucket. :down:

I must say that while 150-300 does seem a bit much for a game of football I don't think its unrealistic considering you are getting to see probably the premier event in the game. I don't doubt the face-value Superbowl tickets were much different and I believe the ave price being touted was ~$3500US. I suspect similar face-value prices were also the going rate for the Stanley Cup final games, the NBA finals, World Series.

26 pounds for an admin fee is a bit of a pi$$ take unless they're couriering the ticketss to your door. I'd certainly pay for the 300 pound tickets if it was being somewhere other than Wembley.

The Old Tolbooth

Platini is a dangerous Xenaphobe, and obviously has learnt fast the ways of running football at this level - cash and ludicrous gluttony 1st - people a long way 2nd.

This!

Platini talked a good game to start with, but now he's as bent as the rest of them, the pricing structure for the final is a joke!

I must say that while 150-300 does seem a bit much for a game of football I don't think its unrealistic considering you are getting to see probably the premier event in the game. I don't doubt the face-value Superbowl tickets were much different and I believe the ave price being touted was ~$3500US. I suspect similar face-value prices were also the going rate for the Stanley Cup final games, the NBA finals, World Series.

26 pounds for an admin fee is a bit of a pi$$ take unless they're couriering the ticketss to your door. I'd certainly pay for the 300 pound tickets if it was being somewhere other than Wembley.

I think face value for "average" Superbowl tickets was around $500, although I have no idea what you would have to do to get hold of them officially.

You also had the opportunity to pay $200 for a ticket which allowed you to sit outside the stadium watching on a big screen...

?26 admin fee?? For what? Also, 25,000 tickets per team is a joke: it should be 40,000 each, 5,000 general sale and the rest to the fat cats/media.

******* ridiculous prices and amount of allocation, but it's what we've come to expect from the back-scratching, self-preserving pricks from FIFA/UEFA.

That will probably be registered postal costs for sending tickets from Jack Warner's gaff in Trinidad :rolleyes:

That will probably be registered postal costs for sending tickets from Jack Warner's gaff in Trinidad :rolleyes:

Indeed. Just got home from Trinidad today, and to be fair, Jack needs the coin, as it's a surprisingly expensive place. I saw very little anecdotal evidence to back-up the country's huge influence on the world footballing scene. In fact, the only notable thing I saw was the Russell Latapy Secondary School. :blink:

Indeed. Just got home from Trinidad today, and to be fair, Jack needs the coin, as it's a surprisingly expensive place. I saw very little anecdotal evidence to back-up the country's huge influence on the world footballing scene. In fact, the only notable thing I saw was the Russell Latapy Secondary School. :blink:

Joking aside it's sickening isn't it

Last night's game at the Emirates was a rare breath of purist football ..................but I don't know how much longer the beautiful game can survive IN SPITE of the corruption and self aggrandisement that consumes it's corridors of power

I think face value for "average" Superbowl tickets was around $500, although I have no idea what you would have to do to get hold of them officially.

You also had the opportunity to pay $200 for a ticket which allowed you to sit outside the stadium watching on a big screen...

So comparatively speaking they're not a hell of a lot different in price.

Now that is rather daft - the bold bit.

If I had the time and the access to tickets I'd have no bother paying that sort of money every year ... most people I'd assume attend maybe one or possibly two events of this type a lifetime.

I bet the the Bolshoi or the Opera house in Vienna ain't cheap ... actually i think I bought tickets for my folks to see Carmen 5 yrs ago and they were about 200 Euros each.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

If I had the time and the access to tickets I'd have no bother paying that sort of money every year ... most people I'd assume attend maybe one or possibly two events of this type a lifetime.

I bet the the Bolshoi or the Opera house in Vienna ain't cheap ... actually i think I bought tickets for my folks to see Carmen 5 yrs ago and they were about 200 Euros each.

Can you see the Aurora yet?

Classic sales pish

Is it value for money ?........"well it's no more expensive than the other showcase tournament that WE ALSO run"

Can you see the Aurora yet?

I'm at almost 73 degrees north so our borealis tend to be more rare and when they do appear we only ever get green - still once in a while they can be dancing like JT in SNF. In the Keewatin or Yellowknife they're much more spectacular - full spectrum stuff.

Indeed. Had I been offered a $500 Superbowl tickets, I'd have been up the road to Dallas in a flash.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I'm at almost 73 degrees north so our borealis tend to be more rare and when they do appear we only ever get green - still once in a while they can be dancing like JT in SNF. In the Keewatin or Yellowknife they're much more spectacular - full spectrum stuff.

What are you doing there?

Been counting caribou for the last nine years - there ain't many to count right now. anyway, taking a year off to facilitate the construction of sewage lagoons, fuel tank farms, hamlet office building - you know, that sort of stuff - hope to make it permanent - more mileage in community infrastructure. I have to say that the view from the Arctic Bay sewage lagoon is rather scenic - probably not surpassed by many as far as these things go, I suspect.

Certainly a bit different from Portybelly.

I will have the privilege of attending this years champions league final!

I wouldn't pay those sort of prices normally but the ticket was bought for me by a family member for my birthday in may!!

BangkokHearts

Prices, not including administration fees, start at ?150 rising to ?225 and ?300, with wheelchair entry costing ?80.

Bit unfair on disabled people being charged an extra ?80 to bring their wheelchair in with them. :down:

Takeshi's Tynecastle

Considering I get royally hacked off at paying 2 or 3 quid admin fee for "normal" event tickets, I'm raging at the ?26 "admin" fee they are charging for this. It completely sickens me. How can the administration for this game cost so much more than a normal event?

Grrr

Not even sure who to direct my rage at (UEFA, Wembley, FA?) so I'll just be angry at everyone. Rip off merchants the lot of them.

"He who ****s nuns, will later join the church"

Ginger God Is Back

Dinnae go..watch it on the box...normally it is very poor to watch....

Hideously overpriced for all but those who have money to burn....

Christ the dearest ticket is more than my monthly mortgage payment!!!

Sterling Archer

I'm sure I read that this year was the first ever that the cheapest superbowl ticket available was over $1000. will look for a link

for ?26 admin. I'm presuming they send round Michel Platini himself in a Roller and hand it over on a gold pillow.

I wouldn't even be happy at the ?80 price tag if I were a fan of the teams, but UEFA are absolutely milking this cow for all it has.

I was in Rio de Janeiro in 2008 at the time the copa libetadores final, South America champions league equivalent, was happening in the Maracana. Me an Arsenal fan and a fan from the smelly side of the city, I know but I took pity on him, went into a travel agents and got seats on the half way line for...... wait for it ........ ?13 each!! this was the dearest ticket. The travel agent said the tickets were expensive and was that price ok, hell yeah and what a game it was. Much better than the champions league final will be

Who was playing and what was the score?

Archived