Dundee United

BigAlim

Lets exploit our opponents Achillies heel

Weakness- Garry Kenneth- If you were to knock high balls all day he would probably win them but, on the ground this boy cannot cope and tends to put his clearances a couple of yards.

Strength- Craig Conway- If this boy is given an inch he would definetly take a mile, the way to cope with his pace would be to get a couple of men in his face every time he gets the ball.

Weakness- Gap- Dunddee united have a very flat back four and a very flat midfield, the gap between the two can easily be played in and with an Attacking Midfielder and a sharp speedy striker, some simple through balls could exploit.

Strength- David Goodwillie- This guy is a brilliant forward who can make something out of nothing, the only solution can be a tight man marking job.

Last season their midfield was the strongest part of their team with their first choice line-up usually being (right to left) Swanson, Bauben, Gomis and Conway. Conway has missed nearly all of the season up until now and Conway has been in and out. As a result they've really struggled to create any chances and the limitations in Jon Daly as a footballer have become exceedingly obvious.

The problem for us is that Conway is back to full fitness and they are at full strength once again. Webster is no longer there so their defence is weaker than last season but it hasn't been helped by the poor play of the units ahead of them, which exposes the defence by giving it much more to deal with. If they can keep things tight on Saturday then they have every chance of getting something from the game. Scoring has been a problem for us since Kyle went out and in my opinion we are coming up against United at the wrong time.

Prediction: 1-1

The Treasurer

Last season their midfield was the strongest part of their team with their first choice line-up usually being (right to left) Swanson, Bauben, Gomis and Conway. Conway has missed nearly all of the season up until now and Conway has been in and out. As a result they've really struggled to create any chances and the limitations in Jon Daly as a footballer have become exceedingly obvious.

The problem for us is that Conway is back to full fitness and they are at full strength once again. Webster is no longer there so their defence is weaker than last season but it hasn't been helped by the poor play of the units ahead of them, which exposes the defence by giving it much more to deal with. If they can keep things tight on Saturday then they have every chance of getting something from the game. Scoring has been a problem for us since Kyle went out and in my opinion we are coming up against United at the wrong time.

This sums up the lack of "winning mentality" that is so often quoted when talking about competing against the OF.

Of course you have to be cautious and respect your opponents strengths, but the table would suggest we are a better/stronger team than Utd.

So lets play/talk up to OUR strengths and let our opponents do the worrying.

This sums up the lack of "winning mentality" that is so often quoted when talking about competing against the OF.

Of course you have to be cautious and respect your opponents strengths, but the table would suggest we are a better/stronger team than Utd.

So lets play/talk up to OUR strengths and let our opponents do the worrying.

Correct, if both teams play to form there will ony be one winner. :thumbsup:

Jon Daly is usually good for a goal, but I believe he's injured. One less thing to worry about.

And I'm sure Andy Webster will have a word or two with the team before we take to the pitch on Saturday about the way United might play.

jambo_til_i_die

Lets exploit our opponents Achillies heel

Weakness- Garry Kenneth- If you were to knock high balls all day he would probably win them but, on the ground this boy cannot cope and tends to put his clearances a couple of yards.

Strength- Craig Conway- If this boy is given an inch he would definetly take a mile, the way to cope with his pace would be to get a couple of men in his face every time he gets the ball.

Weakness- Gap- Dunddee united have a very flat back four and a very flat midfield, the gap between the two can easily be played in and with an Attacking Midfielder and a sharp speedy striker, some simple through balls could exploit.

Strength- David Goodwillie- This guy is a brilliant forward who can make something out of nothing, the only solution can be a tight man marking job.

Skacel to play in the hole.... Templeton one side of the attack, driver the other, we could horse them! :thumbsup:

But, we would have to make it quick and then tighten up because like you say, Conway and Goodwillie (along with other decent attackers like Russell) could make ilfe difficult.

I really want to get one over them this season. They`ll come to Tynie determined to show why they were in the top 3 last season, however im not so sure they are as good as they were last year.

Even at that though, i was never blown away by them and always felt if we got our act together in so many ways we`d elevate ourselves to exactly were we are now...and so it has proved so far.

The day we worry about Dundee Utd will be a sad day. We are taking shape nicely towards a more polished side, esp with addition of Webster, and we are far more of a threat going forward than we were earlier in the season about the time we last played them.

Tynie is our cauldron and the place we should thrive and the last thing we should do is let teams like United come here and think they can dictate. Some of their players flatter to decieve and alot of them are living off last season. Get in about them.

Charlie-Brown

I really want to get one over them this season. They`ll come to Tynie determined to show why they were in the top 3 last season, however im not so sure they are as good as they were last year.

Even at that though, i was never blown away by them and always felt if we got our act together in so many ways we`d elevate ourselves to exactly were we are now...and so it has proved so far.

The day we worry about Dundee Utd will be a sad day. We are taking shape nicely towards a more polished side, esp with addition of Webster, and we are far more of a threat going forward than we were earlier in the season about the time we last played them.

Tynie is our cauldron and the place we should thrive and the last thing we should do is let teams like United come here and think they can dictate. Some of their players flatter to decieve and alot of them are living off last season. Get in about them.

Whilst we are clearly performing better than them this season and although it won't be a popular opinion on this forum I still think that currently we are more closer matched to Dundee United in terms of our overall ability & strength than we are to Rangers & Celtic. That might change next season as they have Conway, Gomis & Bauben out of contract this summer whilst Kenneth & Goodwillie are bound to attract transfer interest (assuming DG doesn't end up in the pokey....) and they have openly stated they need to sell and lower the wage bill. As do Hearts of course - we are stronger than them but not as much as people would like to think and I think both teams are capable of beating each other on their day.

Problem Officer?

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

weakness keneth looks pish every time i see him did webster make him look good? plz don't have this nanny goat playing for scotland again levein

weakness dundee - half the city like celtic because there catholic half like united because there arabs lol but honestly the city is in disarray which is why dundee fc are facing bankruptcy for a second time in 7 years pity i luv the fact i lived there and heard ongoing storys about albert kid for 11 years not

scots civil war

They've barely seen any grass since October 2010 so they wont know whether to play on it or roll a joint with it

lol

If someone can play on Kenneth and draw him in tight, it is a canter to turn him.

Result, an opening for us, or a booking for big K!!!

Charlie-Brown

Dundee United's downfall this season will probably be too many drawn games plus so many postponements is going to mean a very hectic fixture list their pitch aint going to be in very good condition and some key players for them are injured or out of favour .... if it wasn't for their fixture congestion & injuries they might be able to win a majority of their games in hand and other games pre split but it's a very big ask and they still have 4 key games against Rangers & Hearts twice each before the split that will probably make or break their euro challenge perhaps even their top 6 challenge if they lose too many points ..... they could well get back to Hampden for a semi or Final in the Cup though!

Archived