How many players who have played for Hearts have won a European club trophy ?

vegas-voss

Vincent Guerin?

Yes - cup winners cup. He was presented at the start of the last CWC final at Villa Park in 1999(?) and shared the same flight down as me. :)

Jambo On Fire

Vincent Guerin?

Damn, beat me to it :) Vincent Guerin won the UEFA Cup Winners Cup with Paris Saint Germain in 1996.

Of to bed now got nightshift to get up for but be good to see how many we end up with when I get up.8 so far I think.

no takers for our illustrious ex player/manager wee doddie. no had a check but jim denny might have been in that squad with him.

tommy mclean ex-manager in the same team as doddie

Don't think so.

He was part of the squad and while he played in the campaign, he did not feature in the final. As to whether he got a medal or not I can't tell you.

joe jordan played in 3 euro finals (losing all 3). he played one game for hearts (gary mckay testimonial) and scored both goals. he should have scored a HT but mckay took a late penalty which he missed.

:teehee:

joe jordan played in 3 euro finals (losing all 3). he played one game for hearts (gary mckay testimonial) and scored both goals. he should have scored a HT but mckay took a late penalty which he missed.

:teehee:

bannon & ferguson were another 2 runners-up

Dave Mackay

Pasquale Bruno

Jankauskas

Of the top of my head that's who springs to mind.Any others

Did Dave MacKay not miss Spurs CwC win in 1963 through injury?

What about Arthur Mann, he was part of the Man City squad who won the CwC in 1970, don't know if he got a medal though.

Unfortunately he in common with Dennis Bergkamp had a fear of flying and so was unable to take part in City's European escapades

Did Dave MacKay not miss Spurs CwC win in 1963 through injury?

He was signed by Tottenham Hotspur for ?32,000 in March 1959. During the 1960s his fierce determination and skill contributed to the team which won the Double in 1961, further FA Cup victories in 1962 and 1967, and the Cup Winners Cup in 1963. Brian Clough claimed in 2003 that Mackay was Tottenham Hotspur's greatest ever player.

courtesy of wikipedia so might not be accurate

He was signed by Tottenham Hotspur for ?32,000 in March 1959. During the 1960s his fierce determination and skill contributed to the team which won the Double in 1961, further FA Cup victories in 1962 and 1967, and the Cup Winners Cup in 1963. Brian Clough claimed in 2003 that Mackay was Tottenham Hotspur's greatest ever player.

courtesy of wikipedia so might not be accurate

Wasnt in the team according to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963_European_Cup_Winners%27_Cup_Final

Just wiki'd Pasquale Bruno

Always loved him but didn't realise he had such a good pedigree

Awesome!

yeah, as i said wiki's no the best.

despite the multitude at our finger tips, it can be very difficult to find things on the information super highway :wacko:

TBF, you're paragraph doesnt say he played in the Final but that he 'contributed' to the team which won it. :thumbsup:

Archived