League Split/Post Split Fixtures (merged thread)

Uberjambo

Who decides, and on what criteria, who we play at home. We are due 4 home games after the split, with Gretna the away game. Us season ticket holders being done out of a game I fear.

Who decides, and on what criteria, who we play at home. We are due 4 home games after the split, with Gretna the away game. Us season ticket holders being done out of a game I fear.

I don't know what the criteria are - but what do you think are the chances of 3 games at either Ibrox or Parkhead for the Old Firm games?

They are the exception to the rule of course. We went to Ibrox 3 times a couple of years ago. This really shows our game up for what it is. Run by total diddies.

don't know if this has been posted before but if hearts were to finish in the top 6 the fixtures should be working out to an even split of 2 home and 2 away should work out as follows;

the home fixtures should be;

celtic and motherwell

the away fixtures should be

hibs rangers and dundee united

however if hearts finish in the bottom 6 given we should have 2 home games and 2 away game against each team in the bottom 6 we should have the following games;

Home games should be

aberdeen inverness st.mirren and kilmarnock

and we should only be away to gretna

that is based on the current standings

what is everybody's opinion on where we should finish and does anybody think we would finish with 4 out of 5 games at home after the split ????

Clerry Jambo

Not having a go at you mate but my HEART jist sinks when I think of what is coming up in the Bottom 6:sad:

Not having a go at you mate but my HEART jist sinks when I think of what is coming up in the Bottom 6:sad:

There is an argument that if Vlad has given up on this season then why shouldn?t we? Buy the ST and give the bottom 6 a miss...?

Guest JamboRobbo

We've played 15 home and 16 away so far, with one home and one away to come before the split = 16 home and 17 away....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gretna/tables/default.stm

So 4 home games after the split would be 20 home and 18 away.

i'd have thought we'd get 3 home and 2 away after the split to make 19 home and 19 away games over the season. am I missing something here?

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
We've played 15 home and 16 away so far, with one home and one away to come before the split = 16 home and 17 away....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gretna/tables/default.stm

So 4 home games after the split would be 20 home and 18 away.

i'd have thought we'd get 3 home and 2 away after the split to make 19 home and 19 away games over the season. am I missing something here?

Think what he meant was out of the bottom 6 teams we are due to play 4 of them at home and one away.

Killie, ICT, St Mirren, Aberdeen, all the last games v them were away.

Hearts Heritage

Are you all 'PeeblesJambo' in disguise? This discussion comes up EVERY year

Seriously though. The fixtures are NOT necessarily based on the fixtures pre split.

The criteria is to TRY

to give every team 19 homes and 19 aways

However this may not be possible based on who is in your 6. It only works if there are 3 teams who played 17 homes and 16 aways to be paired with

3 teams who playe 16 homes and 17 aways

Hearts NOT getting into the Top 6 will have thrown the theoretical seeding out of the window.

Are you all 'PeeblesJambo' in disguise? This discussion comes up EVERY year

Seriously though. The fixtures are NOT necessarily based on the fixtures pre split.

The criteria is to TRY

to give every team 19 homes and 19 aways

However this may not be possible based on who is in your 6. It only works if there are 3 teams who played 17 homes and 16 aways to be paired with

3 teams who playe 16 homes and 17 aways

Hearts NOT getting into the Top 6 will have thrown the theoretical seeding out of the window.

Again, I wonder what the chances of a 3 old firm games at Ibrox or Parkhead are.

I heard Ewen Cameron on Real Radio last night suggesting that Scotland games shouldn't be played in international weeks because they might interfere with an Old Firm game preparation. Ridiculous.

Nucky Thompson

If we are in the bottom 6, hopefully they'll choose the Inverness game for us to play away:p

If we are in teh bottom 6, my away travel for the season will be over.

Can't get excited about playing that shower for the grand total of SFA.

Archived