Wickham (NHC)

Ross21

Scored a hattrick tonight in Ipswich 6-0 win against Doncaster

Only 17 & well over 6 foot, looks the real deal

Newcastle are looking at him to replace Carroll.

How many goals has he scored so far this year?

Newcastle are looking at him to replace Carroll.

How many goals has he scored so far this year?

Think it might only be 5/6 after tonight. Tho remember him playing wide against Araenal

Looks a cracking player already, Newcastle could do worse

Ipswich or the lad himself need to decide whether he's a left winger or a striker. The cnostant rotation between both cant be doing him any favours and are resulting in most folk thinking he's an out and out striker with Emile Heskeys goal ratio.

I could trot out the cliche of 'decent feet for a big lad' but he is genuinely very skillful. If he's wanting to be a proper striker then he needs to be playing through the middle and not out wide left like he has been recently, especially at 17 when he needs to kick on and become a proper Championship player before moving up a level.

He was excellent in England U17's last tournament but I cant help feeel that was mainly due to his size, he looked like a giant playing against kids, literally bouncing tiny little children away from him. Decent goal against France mind.

Perhaps the next big thing, but perhaps not. Hard to tell at 17. Id say Josh McEachran looks a far better prospect now he's getting used to playing against proper professionals.

Have been very impressed when I've seen him!

The only thing he lacks is that extra bit of pace. Mind you, if he was fast, I think he would have been away to one of the big teams by now!

Everything depends on his attitude and if he continues to work hard, and staying clear of any serious injury!

Archived