Kingston!!!

jambomad86

I just wondered what everyone thought of kingston on saturday my personal opinion was that he wasnt ready i thought he was pretty dire he hit the deck far to easy maybe frail brought him back too quickly. Im not slaggin him off just didnt think he was that good!!!!

I just wondered what everyone thought of kingston on saturday my personal opinion was that he wasnt ready i thought he was pretty dire he hit the deck far to easy maybe frail brought him back too quickly. Im not slaggin him off just didnt think he was that good!!!!

As usual he showed his good side - the touch and ability on the ball. And he showed his bad side - sheer laziness.

rudi must stay

he was the one positive from the game imo, they didn't know how to defend against him

As usual he showed his good side - the touch and ability on the ball. And he showed his bad side - sheer laziness.

TBH mate i think he became more lazy as the game went on. Prob because he was out for so long, also the fact that everytime he went pass a man and passed the ball to someone, the feckers ended up losing it ! He defo got more frusted as the game went on. I defo think he made a difference on saturday tho

Thought he did alright considering it was his first game back. Clearly Falkirk had Miko and him identified as our 2 dangerous players and fouled them both whenever possible, in the knowledge that Stewart would waste the freekicks.

TBH mate i think he became more lazy as the game went on. Prob because he was out for so long, also the fact that everytime he went pass a man and passed the ball to someone, the feckers ended up losing it ! He defo got more frusted as the game went on. I defo think he made a difference on saturday tho

He clearly has more ability than any of our other midfield to front players. I think his laziness is more entrenched than just one game though.

A few factors IMO

1. Just back from injury.

2. Stuck out on the right wing. I would have preferred him in the middle instead of Stewart.

3. Due to the total lack of movement up front, he had to try to go it alone in some cases.

4. Made great runs and was wide open - never got the ball though (in the first half Clum went for glory and in the 2nd Audrey picked out the wrong option).

4. Got a few sore ones from Yog's "young Scottish boys"

IMHO his "lazy" side is more than likely down to not being match fit and how Screpis was not brought on earlier is beyond me.

Larry looked dead on his feet after 60 minutes and should have been substituted then not with only 3 minutes to go or 88 minutes on the clock.

IMHO his "lazy" side is more than likely down to not being match fit and how Screpis was not brought on earlier is beyond me.

Larry looked dead on his feet after 60 minutes and should have been substituted then not with only 3 minutes to go or 88 minutes on the clock.

He was lazy in the first half too - doing the minimum.

But I agree he should have been taken off earlier. Though to be honest I would have taken Ksnavicius off instead.

Hilary Briss

I thought he showed touches of class but didnt look fit. The thread last week about him being fit for weeks was clearly bollocks IMO.

He is defo the only quality/threat we have from midfield at the moment.....I would like to see him just behind Nade this weekend.

He clearly has more ability than any of our other midfield to front players. I think his laziness is more entrenched than just one game though.

I agree to a extent mate, i reckon in the middle of the park he will go for headers and tackles but he can be slow in coming back and help his full back. I remember mikey going mad at him to go to a man and he just stood there, and the falkirk player picked up the ball and put a decent cross in !

TBH if you are playing both Ruben and mikey in the middle than supposely they should be expected to do the donkey work for him ? Then again, you also have miko on the other wing who is going to burst a gut to help his full back either so maybe the 2 central midfeilders have their work cut out

I thought he showed touches of class but didnt look fit. The thread last week about him being fit for weeks was clearly bollocks IMO.

He is defo the only quality/threat we have from midfield at the moment.....I would like to see him just behind Nade this weekend.

Not on the treatment bench I hope

What was wrong with Christos karapedis (SP) on Saturday I seem to have missed his bout of Vlad flu to allow ZAL a game

I agree to a extent mate, i reckon in the middle of the park he will go for headers and tackles but he can be slow in coming back and help his full back. I remember mikey going mad at him to go to a man and he just stood there, and the falkirk player picked up the ball and put a decent cross in !

TBH if you are playing both Ruben and mikey in the middle than supposely they should be expected to do the donkey work for him ? Then again, you also have miko on the other wing who is going to burst a gut to help his full back either so maybe the 2 central midfeilders have their work cut out

For most of the game on Saturday we played a 4-2-3-1 formation. Miko worked back to some extent, but none of Kingston, No 29 or Elliot did so. Put way too much pressure on Stewart and Palazuelos particularly as Stewart was having a stinker and Palazuelos is very immobile.

A few factors IMO

1. Just back from injury.

2. Stuck out on the right wing. I would have preferred him in the middle instead of Stewart.

3. Due to the total lack of movement up front, he had to try to go it alone in some cases.

4. Made great runs and was wide open - never got the ball though (in the first half Clum went for glory and in the 2nd Audrey picked out the wrong option).

4. Got a few sore ones from Yog's "young Scottish boys"

He actually started in the middle with Miko out right and Chesney left. Then Chesney got injured . . .

The best laid plans.

Hilary Briss
Not on the treatment bench I hope

What was wrong with Christos karapedis (SP) on Saturday I seem to have missed his bout of Vlad flu to allow ZAL a game

I am hoping Nade will be fit, as he has started training this week.

With regards to Karapidis, apparently he got injured in training. IMO they should have played McGowan instead of Zal......it was a perfect opportunity to give him a run out.

Francis Albert

OK he isn't the all round footballer - he wouldn't be anywhere near Tynecastle if he was. But he'd still always be my first choice from the current squad . Everytime he gets the ball he takes two or three opposition players out the game. If others in the team knew even as much as the under-11s demonstrated at half time about running off the ball and making themelves available Larry would be a huge asset. As it is only Robbie N (fair play to him) made himself available for Larry to pass to and (apologies to Robbie N) with that as the only option it was hardly surprising Larry was looking increasingly dispirited as the game wore on.

Reminded me very much of Mr Skacel in the second half of his "glory season".

Lazy. Uninterested. Un-bothered. Unfit. Better left out.

Would much rather have seen Screpis get a decent run out than someone who clearly wasnt interested.

Would much rather have seen Screpis get a decent run out than someone who clearly wasnt interested.

Obviously everyone has their own opinion but I don't see it, I really just don't see it.

I agree he maybe took his time getting to his feet a couple of times but it was after being booted again and again and getting no foul from the ref.

Kingston and Miko were the 2 plus points for me on Saturday.

Yep that's the ticket! Let's get rid of the likes of Skacel, Bednar and now Kingston - much better with guys like Elliot and Neilson who give 100%. ;)

Hilary Briss

Thats a bit harsh.....the guy is clearly not fit.

I would agree regarding Screpis though, hopefully he will get a start on the left on Sat.

Yep that's the ticket! Let's get rid of the likes of Skacel, Bednar and now Kingston - much better with guys like Elliot and Neilson who give 100%. ;)

If performances liek Saturday are what we can expect from Kingston then yeah, we WOULD be much better without.

Said it before. He's NOT been value for money.

If performances liek Saturday are what we can expect from Kingston then yeah, we WOULD be much better without.

Yes, Kingston out now!!!

We don't need his type - we're a bottom 6 team and proud of it!:confused:

Yes, Kingston out now!!!

We don't need his type - we're a bottom 6 team and proud of it!:confused:

I see your level of input hasnt improved any from the earlier thread.

Untill Kingston is fit and actually willing to bother his backside, yes, he can sit it out as far as i'm concerned. As already stated, i'd rather see Screpis in there at the moment.

If Kingston wants to play - its about time he showed it.

I'd love him to prove me wrong I really would.

I see your level of input hasnt improved any from the earlier thread.

Untill Kingston is fit and actually willing to bother his backside, yes, he can sit it out as far as i'm concerned. As already stated, i'd rather see Screpis in there at the moment.

If Kingston wants to play - its about time he showed it.

I'd love him to prove me wrong I really would.

But like I said earlier in the thread it's all about opinions and for me he was showing it.

There's only so much an individual player can do before the general malaise all around him just drags him down. Considering he's been out for several weeks injured I thought Larry did pretty well.

Agree 100%.

A very good player who for most games could not give a **** imo, and what annoys me most is the fact we all know he has IT, but only ever shows it when he fells like it.

At this stage of the season and with nothing to play for(Top 6 woo hoo) get him fit, and play Screpis or a U/19 until then.

As someone mentioned, if Kingston was that good why would he be at Tynie??

I honestly can't believe the criticism that Kingston gets. He was easily our best player on Saturday and our only creative player. Unfortunately for him most of his team-mates are nowhere near his standard.

willie wallace

A shattered out on his feet Kingston still offered our only chance of winning that game.I know he doesn't offer much in defence but he never has and feel he should play in the middle where he can have a greater influence on the game.We had five in midfield against a team who were not really interested in scoring,surely the other four could have done the donkey work and given him the freedom to at least try and create something.

I realise he is not the great messiah but he is by far the best we have.

givememychoice

I agree.

Kingston is without a doubt in my mind the best player we have at the club.

However, he knows it and hasnt bothered his arse for a while (previous to injuries). He doesnt rate the SPL and tries to showboat like its a kick about in the park.

Also, why did he saunter off lapping up the applause on saturday? It was a must win game with a few mins to go, and we werent winning? (im not saying we would have scored, given how we played, we could have been there all day and not scored)

Its not exactly like we have loads of talent, but, i genuinely am not bothered that he will probably leave in the summer

Having seen the pics from Bonnyrigg Hearts POTY dance, Larry had his left big toe bandaged as if broken, coupled with the fact he constantly had his ankles (reason he's been out for weeks!) hacked at by Yogi's team then I honestly can't get on the guy's back for his performance on sat !!!

Clearly wasn't fit. Was rushed back into the team just to get our hopes up of us actually being able to do something on saturday.

Archived