tyres for my car

Gerd Muller

Needing two new tyres for my car. My dad said not to go to kwik-fit cos they'll rip me off. Think he had a bad experience before but that would have my first choice.

Can anyone recommend a garage or place to get them? I live Dunfermline so near there would be handy. Cheers.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Mate. There was a thread on here about a couple of weeks ago you might be able to find.

I got two for my vectra 2 weeks ago from my local garage in cairneyhill. M&D Motors. ?180 for two avon zv5's fully fitted. National tyres, kwik fit etc were looking for ?270 for the same tyres. There's also a good place in Crossgates. Fair deal tyres or something.

Hope this helps.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Aye fairdeal has been mentioned by a mate. Best to avoid kwik-fit then?

Aye. they are normally more expensive. Try national tyres or kwik fit websites. You can get a quote online then phone around local garages. That's what I did and saved ?90.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Get the lowest quote you can and ring one of the National companys, they will match it or take of ?1 or something stupid, the choice is then yours.

The key is to ring around and get quotes.

Behind kwik-fit on the way into Touch,Fife autocentre. Phone first and ask whats the best price they can do and then phone around.Youll get a good deal when you call back..trust me :thumbsup:

jambos are go!

Kwik Fit quote on their website was ?60 lower than at the depot when I bought a Tyre a few months ago. The same depot fitted and did not blink an eye. Have heard that Costco is good for Tyres but have not tried them.

Fair deal tyres has also been recommended to me by someone (not been, but I think I will be soon). You can get part worn tyres that have 80% tread etc on them for a great price.

Someone I know got 2 x Pirelli tyres for ?50 all in. 6mm tread on them.

Kwik Fit quote on their website was ?60 lower than at the depot when I bought a Tyre a few months ago. The same depot fitted and did not blink an eye. Have heard that Costco is good for Tyres but have not tried them.

Costco only sell

Michelin.gif

& they fill them with nitrogen or some thing like that

Archived