How far should people go when making fun of a Hibs fan with a disability such as blindness?

scott_jambo

The guy has been on national radio ripping the piss (and failing) out of Hearts for many a year.

And lets not forget his utterings regarding WM on here.

So if I want to call him a degenerate mutant **** then I can forgive myself.

Chad Sexington

I have no interest in mocking the guy because of his disability. I'm not six years old.

I'm very comfortable mocking him for being a halfwitted Hibs banger though.

His previous Mercer chat confirmed him as a typical loathsome, bitter, hobo arsehole.

Big_Hearts_Runner

He was on alan greens 5 live phone in the other week going on a bout scotland? I thought he was an English Sunderland Hobo fan?

I hope this blind hobo continues his good work as the hobos chief scout. He clearly has an eye for talent and is working wonders for CC & Petrie behind the scenes. If he keeps calling things as he see's them and doesn't take his eye off the ball, he could go far at hibs. I think the next step for him would be to get involved in designing next season's strip followed by how he see's things panning out for the hobos in the next few seasons. At least he see's the same as everyone else when he's stood in the hobos trophy room, which is F all.

What does he think of the new stand now that it can be seen in all it's glory?

portobellojambo1

What are people's opinions on this subject?

Thought I would open this up for discussion. I won't report any posts, just interested in peoples views.

If this is in relation to the thread which was on last night nobody was mocking the person's disability in any way (or at least not in those parts of the thread I read). People were commenting based on his input to various radio shows, and the fact he comes across as a bit of a bawbag. While there are undoubtedly conditions which can affect your speech or speed of thought, and make some think you are less than the full shilling as a result, I don't believe the lack of sight in any way affects whether or not you come across as an arse when expressing yourself or your opinions.

So, I can be an absolute bell end but nobody would be allowed to comment on that because I was blind?

A blind man being a kok has nothing to do with his sight. If anything he's the lucky one as he doesn't have to watch that 5hite at Beaster Road every week, he can just picture Brazil.

Mocking anyone for a disability is wrong - pure and simple.

Ripping the shit out of a hobo (especially one who is a media whore and mouths off about Wallace Mercer dying) is fine. :thumbsup:

You have missed the whole point of the thread.

No I haven't. You asked how far should people go when making fun of a Hibs fan with a disability such as blindness, and I told you.

It is to see how much of an extent you should use blindness to ridicule someone who slavours rubbish about Hearts and likes to be spanked.

It is? If you wanted to know that you could have asked. :rolleyes:

Maybe next time, eh? :lol:

Also I see you use the word gobshite to describe someone? How is this allowed in the terrace? Does that mean we can use the word [Mod Edit...not that one] too?

Can you not say shite? I mean on JKB, not in real life. I'm sure you can say shite in real life.

Hate to break it to you but no-one uses the term Hobo to describe Hibs fans in reality, just on the interweb.

No-one says Hoobyboobies either, but that's my preferred term of endearment for Hibs fans. I don't expect it to catch on, but I don't mind either. :thumbsup:

You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. And eyesight. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime... What you sow, you have to reap.

Glenn-Hoddle-004.jpg

Looks like Hoddle's dogma just got run over by your karma. ;):whistling:

Having said all that, I have nothing but contempt for Ian Murray. I am not sure how to express the difference, but he is an ambassador of the smaller club, has went out to hurt our players and has even went so far as to shave numbers in his head to have a go at us. Also, he is not disabled but has exacerbated a condition, I suspect against doctors advice therefore deserves all criticism that comes his way.

A lot of people had a go at Dean Shiels on JKB. He deserved it because he was such a pillock, but slagging him off over the eye thing was not on, IMO.

A lot of people had a go at Dean Shiels on JKB. He deserved it because he was such a pillock, but slagging him off over the eye thing was not on, IMO.

I see where you are coming from, but disagree.

I cannot explain it, but there is that distance, that disassociation between me and a football player, specifically that football player that so poofily (making new words now) hit Craig Gordon that I don't feel bad about that. I would if it was some poor wee dude like that dude Macar.

Does it make sense? Probably not. I am a walking contradiction and don't care. :thumbsup:

specifically that football player that so poofily (making new words now) hit Craig Gordon that I don't feel bad about that. I would if it was some poor wee dude like that dude Macar.

I dunno, I just don't think it's on. Mind you, that incident with Craig Gordon was one of those moments that define what Hibs are about. Let's face it, even if Hoobyboobies aren't physically disabled or mentally impaired, they are emotionally stunted. Me, I'd guess it's some kind of deep-seated post-traumatic repressed psychosexual tension that is probably best explained by theories of object relations. Or maybe I should stick to quantum mechanics. :whistling:

Getting ripped into that banger mackar is completely justified IMO because of the garbage he spouts and posts - The fact he's blind is totally irrelevent.

Kak spouting warrior poets like sir gay, etc they are fair game too. And (asumming they have 20/20)because they have sight is irrelevent also.

Don't think I've read anyone posting anything even remotely derogatory or offensive about his sight. It's all been about the fact he talks pish.

I dunno, I just don't think it's on. Mind you, that incident with Craig Gordon was one of those moments that define what Hibs are about. Let's face it, even if Hoobyboobies aren't physically disabled or mentally impaired, they are emotionally stunted. Me, I'd guess it's some kind of deep-seated post-traumatic repressed psychosexual tension that is probably best explained by theories of object relations. Or maybe I should stick to quantum mechanics. :whistling:

The only thing the hobos have in common with quantum mechanics is that they are all plancks.

The only thing the hobos have in common with quantum mechanics is that they are all plancks.

Given the limited number of observers at Easter Road this season, surely the outcome of those games is still uncertain?

Archived