Willio Flood Utd can't affor ?200,000 fee

vegas-voss

What a difference this lad would make to our team.Come on Vlad ?200,000 and show some more ambition and Levein might come with him as it does not look like UTD can seriously match his ambitions.

Dundee United manager Craig Levein says he is unable to afford Cardiff's ?200,000 asking price for on-loan Willo Flood. (Various)

Guest JamboRobbo

Now that would be a signing IMO. Much more the sort of level we should be looking at then trying to sign Gretna players.

loveofthegame

What, Vlad sign a player from within Scotland that we all see and rate and is well within our price range?!

Come on lads, waken up eh.....

:)

Fat Striker

You see this IS our market now.

Anyone who thinks a player like Flood is somehow beneath us is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Would be a great signing.

There's something about him that I dislike intensely. I can't put my finger on it, I just really don't like him.

So, on this basis, I hope we don't sign him :D

rudi must stay
There's something about him that I dislike intensely. I can't put my finger on it, I just really don't like him.

So, on this basis, I hope we don't sign him :D

that's the basis for all our signings

Olliw Dloof skool ekil a xes tsep ohw dluow krow ni ocset dna evah a evissam noitcelloc fo eliv nrop.

After reading your last two posts I'm guessing you've had a bad trip.

Either that or someones put your brain in back to tnorf.

The People's Chimp

he would be a very good signing. Strangely enough a utd suporting mate told me last friday that he had heard we were after flood.

I'll be happy if we can manage to land Floor, Yantorno or Gow from Rangers.

Any of them would be an asset to our team.

I would be happy saying bye bye to McCann, Stewart & Audrey to make way for just one of them too.

Every time I see United on TV Flood is their best player, we have fallen so far backwards our first task is to compete in the SPL near the top. Flood is the type of player we should sign.

Nucky Thompson

So it's OK for Vlad to sign certain players and not others:mw_rolleyes: I would take the guy in a minute though.

Guest JamboRobbo
So it's OK for Vlad to sign certain players and not others:mw_rolleyes:

Aye, thats what was said right enough. :mw_rolleyes:

CornhillHearts
Every time I see United on TV Flood is their best player, we have fallen so far backwards our first task is to compete in the SPL near the top. Flood is the type of player we should sign.

IMO Gomez is a better player for them. Think Levein picked him up from Cowdenbeath?

shaun.lawson
After reading your last two posts I'm guessing you've had a bad trip.

Either that or someones put your brain in back to tnorf.

sessmi eht daerht neewkaM sdrawkcab ylraelc, ynneK! uoy deticxe teg tusj nrop t'ndid denoitnem ti eh dna tuoba! thgirla era uoy etam, gnileef? ;)

CornhillHearts
I'll be happy if we can manage to land Floor, Yantorno or Gow from Rangers.

Any of them would be an asset to our team.

I would be happy saying bye bye to McCann, Stewart & Audrey to make way for just one of them too.

Given that we can't score is Ali Russell from Airdrie worth a punt, deal to Killie meant to have fallen through.

sessmi eht daerht neewkaM sdrawkcab ylraelc, ynneK! uoy deticxe teg tusj nrop t'ndid denoitnem ti eh dna tuoba! thgirla era uoy etam, gnileef? ;)

Havent a clue what yer on about now....

lol

Fat Striker
IMO Gomez is a better player for them. Think Levein picked him up from Cowdenbeath?

Yeah he did and for a 'nominal fee'.

He's always impressed me as well.

That's what is so frustrating when you look at our inflated wage bill. There are bargins out there if we have the right scouts/manager tasked with finding them.

What a difference this lad would make to our team.Come on Vlad ?200,000 and show some more ambition and Levein might come with him as it does not look like UTD can seriously match his ambitions.

Dundee United manager Craig Levein says he is unable to afford Cardiff's ?200,000 asking price for on-loan Willo Flood. (Various)

Flood loves it at United, his wife has settled really well up here with their new babee and would love to stay, i think we may get something sorted out with Cardiff in the summer.

Gomis ;)

him Flood, Kalvenes, Wilkie & Hunt have been our best players, Buaben deserves a shout aswell.

Boab Mugabe

Who I'd like to sign is Andy Dorman.

He hasn't been in the SPL long but every game I've seen him in he's been making well-timed late runs into the box and scoring. Something none of our midfield even attempt to do.

However, good players at Tynecastle are not what the management want.

The People's Chimp
Given that we can't score is Ali Russell from Airdrie worth a punt, deal to Killie meant to have fallen through.

offiong from accies?

chester copperpot
Havent a clue what yer on about now....

lol

Read it backwards.

Retarded.

If we had a manager with full control, then players like gow/flood/hunt could be hearts players for little ???. We could build a great team within our current budget.

Instead we pay over the odds for below average players, and dont have a manager to get the best out of our average players. The result being 7th in the league struggling to beat teams with a wage structure minor compared to ours.

shaun.lawson
Read it backwards.

Retarded.

Ah - but it's backwards, with a twist. Especially for Kenny's benefit! :)

Flood loves it at United, his wife has settled really well up here with their new babee and would love to stay, i think we may get something sorted out with Cardiff in the summer.

Don't be daft. Who actually LIKES living in Dundee?

;)

He's gash IMHO.

Ryan Gosling
He's gash IMHO.

I'm sure you'd feel differently if he was born in the northern part of Ireland.

Patrick Bateman

I thought the name William would have swung it for Therapist myself :(

I'm sure you'd feel differently if he was born in the northern part of Ireland.

I didn't even realise he was Oirish. The fact he's small, looks like a pixie, has a daft name like Willo and is pesh at soccer is enough to put me off.

Therapist

Suggest you change that. Historically the mods have - quite rightly - not liked people posting that.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Fat Striker
Gomis ;)

him Flood, Kalvenes, Wilkie & Hunt have been our best players, Buaben deserves a shout aswell.

Out of interest who would you take from our squad?

I don't know why we would want any player from Utd never mind one that is not good enough for Cardiff.

portobellojambo1

Wasn't sure where he had got him from (i.e Gomis) but I agree with your comments, looks like a super player. I had an idea it was a lower league club he had come from right enough because I heard his name mentioned in a conversation somewhere involving the young laddie that scored for them on Saturday (Swanson) that they picked up from Berwick Rangers, and somebody said they had got Gomez from the same place (assume they meant same league rather than specific club).

Don't be daft. Who actually LIKES living in Dundee?

;)

I can think of one poster, who, if the avatar is to be believed, is a hirstute young boy. I gather he gets peace in Dundee that he does not get in Edinburgh. ;)

Charlie-Brown

Flood would be a player with future profit potential - ?200K might not be such a problem if certain players could be moved on or sold for a decent profit. What is his precise position though? Who do we currently have that plays his position? I've seen Flood play a couple of times and he looks a tidy player but where exactly does he play?

David Robertson of Dundee Utd is also a good player / late breaking midfielder who gets into the box in a similar way to Cameron & Hartley did - was top scorer in the youth leagues a couple of seasons ago despite being a midfielder.

Regular John

Don't think Flood is anything special, he's made to look good in a decent midfield where Kerr and Gomis are superior.

He's better than Michael Stewart for sure, but who isn't?

Dirk Diggler

Only seen this guy maybe 3 times but he has impressed.

Seen the first half against the Hobnobs a wee while ago at Tannadice(1-1 I think) and he was superb, And also in the cup final a couple of weeks back.

Dunno if that's an area of the park which is an immediate concern to us however.

Fat Striker
Only seen this guy maybe 3 times but he has impressed.

Seen the first half against the Hobnobs a wee while ago at Tannadice(1-1 I think) and he was superb, And also in the cup final a couple of weeks back.

Dunno if that's an area of the park which is an immediate concern to us however.

I'm not so sure. I think we have been really struggling in the middle of the park recently especially in terms of creativity.

Our strikers get a hard time (and rightly so in most cases) but too often they are not getting much to work with.

With the exception of Kingston we don't really have anyone who can provide that bit of spark.

Rudolf's Mate

At the end of the day we are looking to strengthen for next season and with that being the case then we need to look at all areas of the pitch!

Personally I know nothing of Flood however Robson would be a good buy imo.

It's going to be a really interesting summer, as at the end of the day players still won't want to come if they think Vlad is pulling the strings. With that being the case the first signing has to be a manager with a proven background!

Dirk Diggler
I'm not so sure. I think we have been really struggling in the middle of the park recently especially in terms of creativity.

Our strikers get a hard time (and rightly so in most cases) but too often they are not getting much to work with.

With the exception of Kingston we don't really have anyone who can provide that bit of spark.

Of course we could improve in all areas of the pitch, Every position can be improved upon.

However we have Kingston, Ruben, Jonsson, Stewart, Screpis, Aguair and by the end of the season hopefully a couple of youngsters pushing for a place in central midfield.

I said an immediate concern and i'll stick by that. Areas such as the goalkeeping, Full back, Right and left midfield and of course the striking positions should all be looked at before we bring in any more central midfielders imo. (If the boy Flood even plays centre mid, I'm just guessing. :))

portobellojambo1
Of course we could improve in all areas of the pitch, Every position can be improved upon.

However we have Kingston, Ruben, Jonsson, Stewart, Screpis, Aguair and by the end of the season hopefully a couple of youngsters pushing for a place in central midfield.

I said an immediate concern and i'll stick by that. Areas such as the goalkeeping, Full back, Right and left midfield and of course the striking positions should all be looked at before we bring in any more central midfielders imo. (If the boy Flood even plays centre mid, I'm just guessing. :))

Agree totally TBTR (Johnny Fingers, really, not comfortable with it, sounds like a poof fae Leith Walk), the one place I feel OK with the personnel we have is the middle of the park. It is not playing as a workmanlike unit, but that is easily fixable under the correct guidance and leadership. Keeper, full backs, wide men and strikers are priorities with regard to finding replacements.

Bit worried about the thoughts of some that we cannot even afford ?200K for a player, the only alternative is then to bring in another batch of fecking drivel from Kaunas, which is about as appetising a thought as munching on a sweaty sock.

Archived