Ronaldo set to announce his retirement

shaun.lawson

Ronaldo's fat LOLZ.

There's carrying a couple of extra pounds and then there is this -

fat+ronaldo.jpg

As good a player as he was, that is inexcusable.

I am lucky enough to have seen him play and score.

A great talent, but his career wasn't quite what it should've been. He had his moments at Barcelona, Madrid, and the 2002 World Cup: but injury, illness, a lack of fitness and some bad career choices cost him the title of 'undisputed greatest striker ever'.

Wonderful player who had the talent to the the worlds greatest & had spells where he was so good he was unplayable! Shame his 'fitness'/injury problems slightly ruined the talent he had

One of the few times i have literally been starstruck was when i met the legend Ronaldo.

It was in Ibiza in 2008 and had managed to blag VIP tickets for Amnesia where the big man was with his bodyguards / minders. This was when he was injured and he was smoking / drinking most of the night. Had a bit of a gut on him like the picture above too. When i look back i think it was a bit of a shame to see him like that but at the time i just thought it was awesome.

He signed all our Amnesia entrance tickets. Unfortunately we weren't allowed photographs.

Legend!

An absolute great in the game. A bit like George Best in the way that you can help but wonder what he could have done with a bit more clean living and sensible career choices. However, also there are lots of bits of Ronaldo's career that are like the joke about George Best and Miss World in the hotel room when someone asks "where did it all go wrong?".

My favourite Ronaldo story is that he apparently got fined by Madrid for turning up a few hours late for training with a broken toe. When asked to explain he told the coach that a bunch of supermodels had been throwing him a party for his birthday and then his girlfriend turned up, got a bit jealous, had a bit of a ruck with one of the other models and then stood on his foot with her stilettos, thus breaking his toe.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

One of the best ever.

Just behind Zidane as my favourite ever player. Sad to see the way his career ended but watched him play a few times for his team in Brasil and even then he was simply awesome.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

An absolute legend in my eyes. Injuries and his lifestyle have taken their toll and the last 2 or 3 years since leaving Milan, he has really just been winding down his career. It is easy to mock about him being fat, but with what he went through in his career it was a miracle that he was actually still able to play at all.

At his best he was unstoppable and if it wasn't for the injuries he suffered in his prime he would no doubt be a 4 or 5 time world player of the year.

Quite simply he was the phenomenon!!!!

One of the best ever.

Just behind Zidane as my favourite ever player. Sad to see the way his career ended but watched him play a few times for his team in Brasil and even then he was simply awesome.

FFS! The guy wasvery good but plenty of player were a lot better/ consistant/fitter and much better goal scorers than him. In his long career he only scored 400 goals which is not a lot compared to his other great footballing countrymen.

FFS! The guy wasvery good but plenty of player were a lot better/ consistant/fitter and much better goal scorers than him. In his long career he only scored 400 goals which is not a lot compared to his other great footballing countrymen.

he only scored 400 goals

he only scored 400 goals

he only scored 400 goals

he only scored 400 goals

he only scored 400 goals

he only scored 400 goals

:what:

For me if he didnt suffer those horrendous knee injuries he would have been the greatest of all time. At barcelona he was an absolute machine. One of my favourite players

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Thinly veiled I went and copied Ronaldo's world cup haircut and my bird dumped me when she saw me so I now hate him.

Ronaldo-764917.jpg

Gordon Ramsay

Get yourself on youtube and watch some videos of the original and best Ronaldo. One of the greatest players ever IMO.

He scored in 69% of all club games he played and 64% of all internationals he played...

Cant be many strikers out there who have a better goal scoring ratio than that.

granted he let himself go in the past few years and could well have scored more, but those stats are impressive no matter what

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

400 goals when you've spent half your career fat and/or injured. More career goals than Romario (unless you're going by his count, which includes training goals and under 12 appearances :lol: ), Inzaghi, Vieri, almost the same as Batistuta - even including the fact that Batigol scored a bucketload in Qatar. Also, it's far harder to score goals now than it was in previous generations.

The man is magnificent.

Fabulous in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCayNnIEH88&feature=related

I remember watching this game in a pub in Cusco.

Could not believe that Ferdinand tried to sit deep and off Ronaldo. At his best he was unplayable. The sheer strength and power he had coupled to that astonishing burst of speed. A wonderful player at his best.

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

400 goals when you've spent half your career fat and/or injured. More career goals than Romario (unless you're going by his count, which includes training goals and under 12 appearances :lol: ), Inzaghi, Vieri, almost the same as Batistuta - even including the fact that Batigol scored a bucketload in Qatar. Also, it's far harder to score goals now than it was in previous generations.

The man is magnificent.

And eight goals at the 2002 World Cup, making him runaway top scorer, when he was barely 60% fit! :o

People forget that a lot of his fitness and injury problems must go back to the incredible amount of cortisone pumped into his body by various clubs over the years. Indeed, it might've been cortisone that caused his fit on the eve of the 1998 World Cup Final. That he achieved so much in spite of all these problems says an awful lot for him. I put him in the top 20 players all time; conceivably even the top 15.

Frightening at his best, and one of the most devastating finishers the game has seen. Love how he used to run through on goal, bamboozle the goalkeeper with a few stepovers, dump him on his bum, and slot it home. Was in awe of him, growing up as a teenager. There is always an element of what could have been which is staggering when you look at his record and medals haul.

Malinga the Swinga

Have never seen a centre forward leaving so many keepers sitting on their backsides whilst running through on one v ones. Had it all, pace, power, step overs at full pelt, fantastic close control, and most of all, an eye for a goal. Wonderful player, playing for wonderful tems, just a shame he wasn't born a jambo.

glenn quagmire

The year he had at Barcelona was unbelievable. I've never seen a striker better than he was that year. Check it out on Youtube you can see all his goals from that season.

Absolute legend.

Top scorer in the World Cup with 15 in total.

Had whatever happened in the run up to the 98 final not happened he would have won the World Cup again with Brazil of that I have no doubt.

Probably one of the reasons I am a fan of Inter (don't mention last nightangry.gif)

Gordon Ramsay

The year he had at Barcelona was unbelievable. I've never seen a striker better than he was that year. Check it out on Youtube you can see all his goals from that season.

Watched that series of videos on more than one occasion. I can't say I've seen anyone in my lifetime make such an impact in one season. The way he breezed past defenders was frightening, nobody could stop him.

He scored in 69% of all club games he played and 64% of all internationals he played...

Cant be many strikers out there who have a better goal scoring ratio than that.

granted he let himself go in the past few years and could well have scored more, but those stats are impressive no matter what

Pele

Imagine winning two world cups and being the top scorer in the competition ever and people still complain that he never fulfilled his potential!

I love the goal against Compostela where he beat pretty much the whole team and Sir Robby Bobson is running along the touchline with his head in his hands in total disbelief at what he had just seen.

Archived