The lack of a reserve league

fc1874

Why not change the U19 league into a U23 one instead? This might allow for players betwen 20 - 23 compete when on the fringes of the first team.

Of course it's detrimental for young players in Scotland to not have a reserve league.

Say Driver starts playing brilliantly and Temps isn't playing his best stuff, it would make sense for Temps to play reserves for a few weeks, get his confidence and form back up, rather than being dropped to the bench.

It's ridiculous that there's no reserve league in this country.

It is about money though, short sightedness and greed, the things that are killing the game in this country.

There was only around five or six teams, Hearts one of them, who wanted to keep it. Rangers, Celtic and a few others did not.

Was it known who the teams were that did not want it and those who did?

So what we have here is 2+2=10. Why has this not been shouted from the highest mountain? Don't we have them by the balls on this?

If the proposal for Colts teams to introduced to the Scottish League goes ahead, there should be a call that any team that voted for the scrapping of the Reserve League, not be allowed a Colts team entry for a minimum of 5 years.

we used to have an under 21 league, where you could play 3 over age players .it was played on monday nights i really enjoyed going to stirling for these games, we also used starks park at kirkcaldy for a couple of seasons would be great if it was started again.

Francis Albert

Of course there should be a reserve league. But I am not sure it's that big a deal. Surely Hearts can arrange a weekly game against other teams to keep the fringe players busy.

Of course there should be a reserve league. But I am not sure it's that big a deal. Surely Hearts can arrange a weekly game against other teams to keep the fringe players busy.

Is that not a band aid for a broken neck?

Johanes de Silentio

Two questions, if I may:

1 - Any one think it was a good idea to get rid of the reserve league? If so, why?

2 - Was the reserve league really costing that much? If so, why?

(ok that's maybe 3 or 4 questions - sorry!)

Two questions, if I may:

1 - Any one think it was a good idea to get rid of the reserve league? If so, why?

2 - Was the reserve league really costing that much? If so, why?

(ok that's maybe 3 or 4 questions - sorry!)

All these questions must be directed at the ones that did it in the first place. Who were they, and why?

jamboinglasgow

There was only around five or six teams, Hearts one of them, who wanted to keep it. Rangers, Celtic and a few others did not.

Rangers and Celtic did not want to take part as they prefer being able to play friendlies against teams from down south.

Rangers and Celtic did not want to take part as they prefer being able to play friendlies against teams from down south.

How about a reserve league without them ;)

Johanes de Silentio

But surely they have too many games already? :whistling:

Archived