11,082 including free tickets to 'friends' of season ticket holders

CJGJ

Now get this -- season ticket holders could all bring along a friend for free at Easter Road today -- and the result was................ 11,082 -- not even free tickets could inspire them to show up.

Now I'm not knocking the offer but the response says it all unless the only have 6,000 season ticket holders...hmmmmm....

Now get this -- season ticket holders could all bring along a friend for free at Easter Road today -- and the result was................ 11,082 -- not even free tickets could inspire them to show up.

Now I'm not knocking the offer but the response says it all unless the only have 6,000 season ticket holders...hmmmmm....

Incorrect....its the inverness game in a couple of weeks where they are handing out free tickets

Not a bad gate for a team struggling!

Francis Albert

Incorrect....its the inverness game in a couple of weeks where they are handing out free tickets

Struggling? They're on their best run of the season!

Sorry was a different offer today -- a hibs kid day plus the 'family fun package'-- something wrong there surely -- fun at easter road ? :whistling:

Family Fun Package: ?22

1 x Adult & 2 x Children (under 15 years) Save ?24! Package available in Famous Five Family Stand, subject to availability.

Supporters purchasing via the Call Centre or online only need to select ONE package, as this will allocate 3 tickets.

This is a Hibs Kids game.

Hibs Kids Members are reminded that if they are Non Season Ticket Holders they are eligible for a free ticket from the Ticket Office directly

Hibs Kids Season Ticket Holders have the added bonus for this match that they can take along one additional friend for ?10 (Adult) or ?5 (Concession.)

Struggling? They're on their best run of the season!

I realise FA it's tung in cheek but to be fair to the smellies it's not a bad gate - would we get any better being down the bottom?

Ofcourse mibbe their relegation battle brings out the green legions :rolleyes:

Sorry was a different offer today -- a hibs kid day plus the 'family fun package'-- something wrong there surely -- fun at easter road ? :whistling:

Family Fun Package: ?22

1 x Adult & 2 x Children (under 15 years) Save ?24! Package available in Famous Five Family Stand, subject to availability.

Supporters purchasing via the Call Centre or online only need to select ONE package, as this will allocate 3 tickets.

This is a Hibs Kids game.

Hibs Kids Members are reminded that if they are Non Season Ticket Holders they are eligible for a free ticket from the Ticket Office directly

Hibs Kids Season Ticket Holders have the added bonus for this match that they can take along one additional friend for ?10 (Adult) or ?5 (Concession.)

Probably accounts for their massive gate :teehee:

Fair play to them. They have turned the corner. Although being shyte, they still do much better (attendance wise) than shan clubs like Aberdeen.

Their attendances will always be a few thousand less than ours.

I don't personally need this as reassurance of our supremacy over them. The fact that we more or less always rip the piss out of them & have a generous derby record satisfies me more than anything.

I realise FA it's tung in cheek but to be fair to the smellies it's not a bad gate - would we get any better being down the bottom?

Brian - we were in a bad position 14 months ago and we were averaging 14,000.

Hibs fans are facing a couple of season's of mid table pish tbh.

Brian - we were in a bad position 14 months ago and we were averaging 14,000.

Hibs fans are facing a couple of season's of mid table pish tbh.

Listen bud i couldn't give a monkeys what they tramps pull in........just trying to be fair and realistic.

They have been awful so 11k is not bad........what will we get next week against the arabs

scott herbertson

Listen bud i couldn't give a monkeys what they tramps pull in........just trying to be fair and realistic.

They have been awful so 11k is not bad........what will we get next week against the arabs

2 more than normal as I am up with my boy :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

I agree that we aren't really in a position to brag about our gates vs those of Hibs. The fact is, for a city of Edinburgh's size and, certainly by Scottish standards, prosperity, the attendances at both Tynecastle and Easter Road are pretty abysmal. The likes of both Dundee clubs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, even maybe Hamilton Academical, pull in a higher proportion of the local population than the two Edinburgh clubs do.

Cardiac Rucksack

Shouldnt really knock the tramps for trying to get folk through the gate. Even if they are high on glue. :rolleyes:

I agree that we aren't really in a position to brag about our gates vs those of Hibs. The fact is, for a city of Edinburgh's size and, certainly by Scottish standards, prosperity, the attendances at both Tynecastle and Easter Road are pretty abysmal. The likes of both Dundee clubs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, even maybe Hamilton Academical, pull in a higher proportion of the local population than the two Edinburgh clubs do.

Spot on - totally agree

listen buddy boy, you`re never far away from a Hibs thread or wondering what they are doing.....starting to worry about you..... :movethatass:

listen buddy boy, you`re never far away from a Hibs thread or wondering what they are doing.....starting to worry about you..... :movethatass:

Debut stoap stalkin me or ull report ye :o

Its all very well saying that but because there`s more people in Edinburgh it doesn`t necessarily mean there should bigger gates in ratio. More people can also mean more NOT into football, NOT Hearts supporters but support other clubs or more people who`d rather be armchair fans.

Don`t get me wrong, i think we should be getting bigger gates but we know Hearts have always had a large stay at home support and its frustrating.

Its all very well saying that but because there`s more people in Edinburgh it doesn`t necessarily mean there should bigger gates in ratio. More people can also mean more NOT into football, NOT Hearts supporters but support other clubs or more people who`d rather be armchair fans.

Don`t get me wrong, i think we should be getting bigger gates but we know Hearts have always had a large stay at home support and its frustrating.

That is true

A big win for a team fighting relegation.

I couldn't care how many there were at the game. anything from 1 to 1,000,000. I honestly don't give a shit.

Francis Albert

All that's true, but what's frustrating is not knowing why exactly it is true. Working in an office in Edinburgh, I found at least as much if not more passion about the local clubs as anywhere I've worked since, but still, out of half a million people, in those days only 7000 or so turned up on a Saturday. Maybe 12,000 do now. When I now return to Edinburgh I notice the enormous numbers of English accents in the town, the same sort of people who have (for better or worse) revived attendances in the English game, yet not many seem to go to games here (if Hearts were good enough for Johnny Haynes, why not them?). The club has done a bit, especially with the U-12 ST, but the Edinburgh public seems resistant ... except when it comes to (big) cup parades!

Problem Officer?

Was reading in the paper earlier that at the start of the season we sold 10,000 season-tickets. And to add to this we've had a 300% increase in half season-ticket sales from last year, plus there will be people who get this six-pack season-ticket.

So with these numbers, as well as those who will buy tickets for individual games/on the day, IMO we should be getting 15,000+ for each home game up until the split, and should be selling out our 2 or 3 games at home in the split if it's quite close "near the top", regardless of 1 of these teams probably being Celtic.

Good shout.

Incredible that a man who won't ever go to watch Hearts because of the owner (a decision made when HMFC were performing in an average manner) would stick up for hibs.

INCREDIBLE.

You still on your boycott? Aye? Are you?

Or are you back because we're winning again?

i-dunno-lol.jpg

Was it not Forfar that had the highest proportion to population. Something like crowds of 400 - 500 in a town that had 1500 inhabitants.

Might be wrong though.

scott herbertson

All that's true, but what's frustrating is not knowing why exactly it is true. Working in an office in Edinburgh, I found at least as much if not more passion about the local clubs as anywhere I've worked since, but still, out of half a million people, in those days only 7000 or so turned up on a Saturday. Maybe 12,000 do now. When I now return to Edinburgh I notice the enormous numbers of English accents in the town, the same sort of people who have (for better or worse) revived attendances in the English game, yet not many seem to go to games here (if Hearts were good enough for Johnny Haynes, why not them?). The club has done a bit, especially with the U-12 ST, but the Edinburgh public seems resistant ... except when it comes to (big) cup parades!

English people are used to a structure where your team can win something (even if your ambition is limited to promotion). Playing in a league with two teams who win nearly everything, followed by scum, with a history of bigotry and violence, and with a huge financial and historical attendance = those English people undoubtedly just buy Sky and watch the EPL. What are Hearts playing for now? To keep third place and a place in the Europa qualifiers. Given that you can watch EPL games at 3pm streamed to your PC or most days on in the pub or on the box at home it is hardly surprising we can't attract them.

Due to the OF dominance we also don't get the secomdary fans (glory hunters if you like) through the door for regular games because, well because there is no prospect of glory. We have seen how if there is no glory Rangers and Celtic fans will just melt away. Ours just never come along for the same reason.

Good shout.

Incredible that a man who won't ever go to watch Hearts because of the owner (a decision made when HMFC were performing in an average manner) would stick up for hibs.

INCREDIBLE.

You still on your boycott? Aye? Are you?

Or are you back because we're winning again?

i-dunno-lol.jpg

hahaha the muppet rises above the parapet with his very boring illustrations - you really are a boring fart :thumbsup:

hahaha the muppet rises above the parapet with his very boring illustrations - you really are a boring fart :thumbsup:

HIYA CJ! HIYA PAL!

DO YOU STILL HATE MR ROMANOV? DO YOU? HAVE YOU BEEN TO A GAME RECENTLY, PAL?

EH? HAVE YOU?

I WISH MORE HEARTS FANS WERE LIKE YOU, CJ.

x

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I think fart is a bit strong.

Honking patter.

Francis Albert

English people are used to a structure where your team can win something (even if your ambition is limited to promotion). Playing in a league with two teams who win nearly everything, followed by scum, with a history of bigotry and violence, and with a huge financial and historical attendance = those English people undoubtedly just buy Sky and watch the EPL. What are Hearts playing for now? To keep third place and a place in the Europa qualifiers. Given that you can watch EPL games at 3pm streamed to your PC or most days on in the pub or on the box at home it is hardly surprising we can't attract them.

Due to the OF dominance we also don't get the secomdary fans (glory hunters if you like) through the door for regular games because, well because there is no prospect of glory. We have seen how if there is no glory Rangers and Celtic fans will just melt away. Ours just never come along for the same reason.

I am not sure life, in terms of potential glory, is much different for the great majority of English teams, for whom even European qualification is a far more distant dream than it is for Hearts.

Anyway, still doesn't explain why "lesser" Scottish teams attract more of their local population than Hearts and Hibs do.

Doctor FinnBarr

Was it not Forfar that had the highest proportion to population. Something like crowds of 400 - 500 in a town that had 1500 inhabitants.

Might be wrong though.

Ross County romp it I think!

:thumbsup:

Considering only 45% of edinburgh's population is 'local', its actually not too bad!

what's the big thing about having bigger gates?

what's the point inpeople turning up if they sit on their hands silently, or worse, get on the team's backs after 20 minutes. a good support is not neccesarily a large support

Been to game recently bud, u? :lol:

maroonplatoon87

Are they including all season ticket holders though?? Even though most of them prob ain't there.

Same as what Celtic do.

All season ticket holders are included in the attendance total, even if they are there or not.

Inspector Rex

I hear the tache has promised Lolderwood the money from the free ticket sales for his summer war chest.

:arf:

Rudolf's Mate

I don't really care if they continuously pull in bigger crowds than us. What I care about is what happens on the pitch. Ok to have some kind of success you need to have the punters through the gate otherwise you will have to settle for a small squad etc. I would actually dispute the figure at the game as I thought they were counting season tickets regardless of people turning up? What if you suddenly have an influx of cash paying punters......

I can't be ersed even thinking about it further!

MacDonald Jardine

Are they including all season ticket holders though?? Even though most of them prob ain't there.

Same as what Celtic do.

All season ticket holders are included in the attendance total, even if they are there or not.

Same as we do.

You want to know why Hearts and Hibs get smaller gates than the population would suggest? Look no further than the Celtic and Rangers shops in central Edinburgh - the most damning indictment of Scottish football there ever could be. Could you imagine a Man Utd shop opening in Newcastle?

(I have been away a few years, I think the Rangers one may have gone now, but it's scandalous it ever opened. Pretty certain the other's still there).

Jam Tarts 1874

I don't really care if they continuously pull in bigger crowds than us. What I care about is what happens on the pitch. Ok to have some kind of success you need to have the punters through the gate otherwise you will have to settle for a small squad etc. I would actually dispute the figure at the game as I thought they were counting season tickets regardless of people turning up? What if you suddenly have an influx of cash paying punters......

I can't be ersed even thinking about it further!

They don't!!!

When we were challenging five years ago, and the following season (when we weren't but people still "hoped" if not "believed") we were selling out every week.

Now we're on a great run and getting between 12 and 14 thousand for the "wee" games.

I had to buy a walk-up ticket for St J for a mate (with an English accent as it happens) and was surprised to find it cost ?27 (Wheatfield). No wonder we're not filling the stadium.

Incidentally, my English accented mate thought that Hearts played much better football than he is used to seeing in the Championship.

bigis semiauskas

we only got 12 or 13k v St Johnstone so there is no big difference,although you could say it was a poor crowd considering we are at the top end of the league

Francis Albert

You want to know why Hearts and Hibs get smaller gates than the population would suggest? Look no further than the Celtic and Rangers shops in central Edinburgh - the most damning indictment of Scottish football there ever could be. Could you imagine a Man Utd shop opening in Newcastle?

(I have been away a few years, I think the Rangers one may have gone now, but it's scandalous it ever opened. Pretty certain the other's still there).

Thankfully the Rangers one has gone but the Celtic one is still there.

Again I don't think it explains everything - you see a lot of Manchester United strips on sale and being worn hundreds of miles from Manchester. And I suspect Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Mirren suffer more proportionatley than we do from the OF effect.

Archived