Well done two Ts

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

Deserves a thread I think. Stephen Elliott has been pretty much unsung, and indeed was even written off by a few earlier in the season. But with today's contribution he has I think,excluding penalties, scored more league goals than Kevin Kyle. (6 from 12 starts vs 3 from 16 starts?). Well done Stephen.

Deserves a thread I think. Stephen Elliott has been pretty much unsung, and indeed was even written off by a few earlier in the season. But with today's contribution he has I think,excluding penalties, scored more league goals than Kevin Kyle. (6 from 12 starts vs 3 from 16 starts?). Well done Stephen.

Hear hear, I hope Tooties goes on from strength to strength. :thumbsup:

He's been brilliant for us. Recently, when asked about him, I said he was doing really well but I'd like more goals from him. Since then, two at Kilmarnock and two at Hamilton.

What has surely been proven is that in Kyles absence, with a slight tactical change, Elliott can be our one up top.

Great player who still has it in him to leave Hearts for a bigger club and better himself.

I said when he signed he'd be the best signing of the season for us.

In fairness, even though that was before Skacel signed it will probably still be proven wrong, but he's top drawer anyway. Likeable lad anaw. :thumbsup:

So, before todays game he had still scored more tha KK , if we dont include penalties and cup games!!:rolleyes:

Francis Albert

So, before todays game he had still scored more tha KK , if we dont include penalties and cup games!!:rolleyes:

Well yes, if my stats are right.

My praise for Stephen is more overdue than I thought!

I think that its great that he's now getting the rewards through goals that his all-round play has deserved.

Very pleased with his contribution this season :thumb:

Clever player, works like a Trojan, unselfish and can score. What a change from some of the impostors of the past five years!

Clever player, works like a Trojan, unselfish and can score. What a change from some of the impostors of the past five years!

Amen

He's taken a bit of time to find his feet but think we are seeing why JJ wanted him now.

Hard working player with a good touch and that instinct in front of goal.

Wasn't at the game today but a mate tells me both were headers inside the box.

Hoping he's hit a bit of a goal vein now and can get into double figures before the split.

Good lad Sleeves :thumbsup:

Cardiac Rucksack

He's taken a bit of time to find his feet but think we are seeing why JJ wanted him now.

Hard working player with a good touch and that instinct in front of goal.

Wasn't at the game today but a mate tells me both were headers inside the box.

Hoping he's hit a bit of a goal vein now and can get into double figures before the split.

Good lad Sleeves :thumbsup:

To be fair from the far end the second one hit him more than anything else.

Na na na na na na Stephen Elliott Ell-iott Stephen Elliot !

to the tune of "baby give it up" ?

The tears of Temps are tangible.:(

As Louis Walsh would say...

"He reminds me of a young Robbie Keane"

As a certain poster on here would say...

"He reminds me of Gary Wales after the injury" - :vrface:

Charlie-Brown

Am glad he did the business for us today & won us the points as he also did at Killie a few weeks back, thinks he proving he's definitely good enough for games against run of the mill SPL teams but I thought he was very disappointing & weak in the bigger games recently (as were most of his team-mates).

As a certain poster on here would say...

"He reminds me of Gary Wales after the injury" - :vrface:

:whistling:

He did in those games.

Good to see that he is adding goals to the undoubted workrate - which is where the comparison with Gary Wales (all workrate, few goals).

i just about missed it the 1st goal cause sum fat steward was cumin along but i was standing so i saw it luckily brill header frm 2 ts and thts 1 of the reasons why every1 shuld stand at games

jamboinglasgow

Am glad he did the business for us today & won us the points as he also did at Killie a few weeks back, thinks he proving he's definitely good enough for games against run of the mill SPL teams but I thought he was very disappointing & weak in the bigger games recently (as were most of his team-mates).

so he is the new Kris Boyd?

Funny how most preston fans I know were glad to see the back of him. But then look where they are now. They're going down Sleeves is going into Europe next season.

I said a wee while ago we finally have our new robbo, I stand by that, if the lad can stay fit and we can keep him, he'll score for fun.

Stop it!

As much as I like Two T's - the "new Robbo" he is definitely not and never will be. I will be very, very (but pleasantly) surprised if we ever see the likes of Robbo wear our colours again. The wee man was just in a different class.

Drylaw Hearts

Stop it!

As much as I like Two T's - the "new Robbo" he is definitely not and never will be. I will be very, very (but pleasantly) surprised if we ever see the likes of Robbo wear our colours again. The wee man was just in a different class.

This.

Clum will be :seething: Hamiltion was the only team he could score against and now someone with an IDENTICAL name has stolen his thunder, and scoring against other teams too :thumbsup:

I think two T's has largely come good because he has been put through the middle rather than playing out wide in the 4-5-1 formation. Whilst the injury for Kyle hasn't helped Hearts it has arguably allowed Elliott his chance in the centre and to be fair he is taking it.....

Stop it!

He does exactly what we Robbo done for the team, he can finish, he can link up, he works like a bear and probably if we gave him a wee shot at free kicks I dare say he could hit them anaw. The tag "the new robbo" is levvied against any hearts forward that gets a couple of goals, i think Elliott is someone who has a similar skill set and the closest to the mythical moniker of "The New Robbo"

I hate the phrase new robbo, always misplaced when used I just think as much as ye cant really compare a player in such a fashion, each player is unique, Stephen Elliott runs it close.

Clum will be :seething: Hamiltion was the only team he could score against and now someone with an IDENTICAL name has stolen his thunder, and scoring against other teams too :thumbsup:

Not like you to take a thread praising one of our players and use it to slag off another :rolleyes:

It must really suck being you.

No surprise to see him get goals when played in his natural position up top.

Whilst he has put in a good shift covering the right and trying to support, I'd like to see him get a proper run up front.

The two matches where he has bagged a brace have been when Kyle was out and he played his proper position.

Snake Plissken

Not like you to take a thread praising one of our players and use it to slag off another :rolleyes:

It must really suck being you.

I'm Teenwolf and I approve of this post.

His attitude has been outstanding right from the pre-seasons and the ability is there, the goals had to start coming and now they have.

Not sure who mentioned Kris Boyd, this guy is the opposite, always working and involved, my kinda player whether he's scoring himself or not.

:whistling:

He did in those games.

Good to see that he is adding goals to the undoubted workrate - which is where the comparison with Gary Wales (all workrate, few goals).

:teehee:

For someone who actually seems to know what they are talking about when it comes to soccerball, you don't half come out with some beezers. :lol:

Francis Albert

No surprise to see him get goals when played in his natural position up top.

Whilst he has put in a good shift covering the right and trying to support, I'd like to see him get a proper run up front.

The two matches where he has bagged a brace have been when Kyle was out and he played his proper position.

Good point. Makes his stats even more impressive vs those of Kyle. League goals from open play when starting in natural position - 4 in 2 games to Stephen, 3 in 16 to Kevin?

:teehee:

For someone who actually seems to know what they are talking about when it comes to soccerball, you don't half come out with some beezers. :lol:

:thumb:

Got to keep everyone entertained. :lol:

His work rate is second to none, his two goals yesterday should be seen as a reward for the shift he put in at Ibrox where I thought he was our MOM by a distance. Didn't see much of his second goal as it was up the other end but the first was a peach

Napoleon  Wilson

I just saw the highlights on the BBC website. Well done Stephen Elliott! First header was brilliant and forced a decent save from Czerny for a possible third. Looks like a proper wee grafter :thumbsup:

Archived