player ratings

iscoredatEEP

Kello 7 - nothing of note to do but done everything required well.

Thomson 8 - some cracking deliveries into the box, don't know why he was taken off, should have been eggy.

Webster 7 - strolled it but missed a couple of headers.

Zaliukas 7 - strolled it as well however prone to a few bad passes.

Wallace 6 - decent defensively not his best game going forward.

Black 6 - done the dirty work.

Palazeulos 8 - brilliant in possession, don't think he gave the ball away once.

Jonsson 5 - poor game, time to be dropped for a few games.

Skacel (or Satchel as the announcer called him) 6 - not really involved.

Suso 8 - always willing to run at defenders, few good crosses as well.

Elliott 9 - buzzbomb, gets everywhere and took his goals well. MOTM

Kello - 7 not much to do only one save to make

Tommo - 5 poor game distribution poor subbed

Webster - 7 stroll in the park, calm and collected, nearly scored

Zal - 6 passing is shocking, couple of Zal moments

Wallace - 7 good first half, faded away but good overall

Suso - 6 couple of good runs, lost the plot when subbed JJ had to tell him to behave.

Rubens - 7 good game broke up play and interacted well with Wallace

Black 7 - usual full on commitment, bad tackle on imrie booked

Eggert - 5 do know how he got 90mins thought he was our worst player, played better at right Back when tommo went off

Rudi - 6 couple of good touches, lock a bit off today.

Eliott - 8 motm ran his socks off good touches and good finish for first goal. Our best player today.

Hard to give marks today, we didn't have to try hard for the win. Possession in the first 30mins was easily 70/30 in our favour.

Hamilton had only one shot all game.

Thomson 8 - some cracking deliveries into the box, don't know why he was taken off, should have been eggy.

Tommo - 5 poor game distribution poor subbed

Suso - 6 couple of good runs, lost the plot when subbed JJ had to tell him to behave.

Eggert - 5 do know how he got 90mins thought he was our worst player, played better at right Back when tommo went off

Rudi - 6 couple of good touches, lock a bit off today.

Eliott - 8 motm ran his socks off good touches and good finish for first goal. Our best player today.

Hard to give marks today, we didn't have to try hard for the win. Possession in the first 30mins was easily 70/30 in our favour.

I wasn't there, so, interesting comparison between the two posters that were at the game. The two in red are obvious agreements between the posters, but, the emboldened bit about Thomson is weird. One says really good and one says really pish.

Tommo - 5 poor game distribution poor subbed - Absolutely correct

Suso - 6 couple of good runs, lost the plot when subbed JJ had to tell him to behave.- terrible imo

Rudi - 6 couple of good touches, lock a bit off today. - very disappointed if Rudi cant shine against accies.....

Kello-7 1 save all match dealt competently enough with long balls lumped in his direction.

Thomson - 6 OK some decent balls in some sloppy passes

Wallace - 7 OK Some good runs, overdid it a couple of times

Zal - 6 Hard to say, never under pressure, couple of lapses of concentration

Webster -6 Hard to say never under pressure, couple of lapses of concentration, talked well

Suso - 8 first half, tormented Skelton, put a string of good balls into dangerous areas, faded in second half

Black - 7 OK generally kept the ball well.

Palazuelos - 8 Kept the ball well fed Wallace on a regular basis, some lovely touches including a decent shot with his right foot which surprised me.

Jonsonn - 7 Solid, unspectacular, kept the ball well.

Skacel - 6 Like most of the midfield did OK to keep the ball, not as penetrating as usual.

Eliott - 8 Worked hard, can't argue with his goals.

Driver- 7 Good simple balls played can see he is rusty but some excellent first time passes.

Temps - 6 Overdid it a bit , still pullled off a decent shot.

Mrowiec - 5 Not really enough time

Overall we were never under pressure, the atmosphere was like a training session, we sometimes got a bit casual as a result. three points is three points I suppose.

I thought Eggert played pretty well, especially in the 1st half. He added energy and a physical presence high up the pitch which helped Two T's. Tbf he wasn't as good in the 2nd half and his final ball did let him down a couple of times.

Elliott MOM but special mention to Ruben, he was so tidy on the ball and got around the pitch very well.

Problem Officer?

Agreed, except Wallace should be a 7 IMO. As you said decent defensively and not his best going forward, but still a class ball into the box for the 1st goal.

I wasn't there, so, interesting comparison between the two posters that were at the game. The two in red are obvious agreements between the posters, but, the emboldened bit about Thomson is weird. One says really good and one says really pish.

Really thought Thomson had one of his better games in his short Hearts career so far. He did make one or two sloppy passes but overall he was solid at the back, can't remember him being troubled at all and his crossing ability is worth their weight in gold!!

portobellojambo1

Not going to bother scoring players individually. All I'll say is that I thought our top players today were Craig Thomson Stephen Elliott and Ruben Palazuelos, with, for me, Ruben being the pick of the bunch (although Elliott did do a power of running and his first goal was top drawer, an excellent header). But for me Ruben ran the show today, and it is just unfortunate that the absolute screamer of a shot he hit with his right foot didn't hit the back of the net.

I can also see Zaliukas and Webster developing into a very solid partnership in defence, which is an additional bonus. Both strolled through today's game, admittedly with one or two minor errors, and the back 4 were much more prone today to build attacks on the ground rather than simply lump it up the park in panic.

Eh other than putting the ball on Elliott's head for the opening goal aye?

Cardiac Rucksack

Kello 5 - literally nothing to do so no higher

Thomson 7 - some of his best deliveries in a shirt and a really good block on courier. Looked a footballer for imo the first time

Zaliukas 7 - strolled it as well. Relied on him too much to try and start moves, yes he can pass a ball but others should take more responsibility.

Wallace 8 - superb for me.

Black 5 - poor for me, every pass was back, unsure why he started to be fair.

Palazeulos 7- never wastes the ball. would have him in everytime in front of black.

Jonsson 4 - would be better off on deadliest catch, apart from a couple of decent touches. However in general his maw slept with a footballer most of the time.

Skacel (or Satchel as the announcer called him) 3 - not involved would be putting it nicely. Never performs away from home. Love him to death, but lets be honest.

Suso 6 - not fit, trys his heart out though.

Elliott 9 - brilliant and mom for me.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Elliott's first header was fantastic. I was probably the last person to start celebrating because I honestly thought it was wide :laugh:

Cardiac Rucksack

Elliott's first header was fantastic. I was probably the last person to start celebrating because I honestly thought it was wide :laugh:

I was to busy berating eggert for being shit. Fantastic header though. Top notch.

Eh other than putting the ball on Elliott's head for the opening goal aye?

Pretty much aye. Lost possession a number of times and tried a million stepovers resulting in him putting the ball out of play.

Some of Craig Thomson's passing was shocking. He costed Ian Black a yellow card with a stupid pass that meant Imrie had space to run. Some of his crosses barely got by the first man and that pass in the second half down the line that ended up in the stand. If that was Robbie Neilson, 'The Kickback Loyal' would be going off their nuts, but it's Craig Thomson and he's a superstar!

Some of Craig Thomson's passing was shocking. He costed Ian Black a yellow card with a stupid pass that meant Imrie had space to run. Some of his crosses barely got by the first man and that pass in the second half down the line that ended up in the stand. If that was Robbie Neilson, 'The Kickback Loyal' would be going off their nuts, but it's Craig Thomson and he's a superstar!

Most of his crosses made it past the first man and im sure KK would have been creaming himself if he was playing. What about the last man challenge on Currier(sp)? He's a young laddie, he had a good game.

eggert jonsson is brutal no matter what position he plays. we are a better side when he isnt in the team

eggert jonsson is brutal no matter what position he plays. we are a better side when he isnt in the team

I disagree. I think Eggert has been a key player this season and can fill in many positions. For him his flexibility is both a blessing and a curse.

Kello 5 - literally nothing to do so no higher

Thomson 7 - some of his best deliveries in a shirt and a really good block on courier. Looked a footballer for imo the first time

Zaliukas 7 - strolled it as well. Relied on him too much to try and start moves, yes he can pass a ball but others should take more responsibility.

Wallace 8 - superb for me.

Black 5 - poor for me, every pass was back, unsure why he started to be fair.

Palazeulos 7- never wastes the ball. would have him in everytime in front of black.

Jonsson 4 - would be better off on deadliest catch, apart from a couple of decent touches. However in general his maw slept with a footballer most of the time.

Skacel (or Satchel as the announcer called him) 3 - not involved would be putting it nicely. Never performs away from home. Love him to death, but lets be honest.

Suso 6 - not fit, trys his heart out though.

Elliott 9 - brilliant and mom for me.

Libertonian_II

There's 2 things here though I wasn't at the game;

1 Palazuelos is far better in front of the back four than Mroviec(I'm assuming that's where he played!)

2 Jonsson is a jack of of all trades but master of none

Archived