Todays Game

MAJOR STEVE

Did anyone notice today that we did not play with a left midfielder until driver came on! It did open things up for Wallace and gave him more space to run at the defence though! I thought we did set up very weird and negative with 3 holding midfielders. We did control the midfield, but still felt we lacked final balls etc

. Thoughts?

Erm, aye. That's a more comfortable 2-0 victory than you'll ever see in your life.

Incidentally, Hamilton had their only chances after we brought on Temps and Driver...

Thoughts ? We won 2-0 and tactics are being questioned. blink.gif

Not Saying that, I thought we won comfortable, but just thought did not expect to see 3 holding midfielders and not left mid starting against Hamilton

Did anyone notice today that we did not play with a left midfielder until driver came on! It did open things up for Wallace and gave him more space to run at the defence though! I thought we did set up very weird and negative with 3 holding midfielders. We did control the midfield, but still felt we lacked final balls etc

. Thoughts?

JJ and Co wing it again, when will it stop :unsure:

Erm, aye. That's a more comfortable 2-0 victory than you'll ever see in your life.

Incidentally, Hamilton had their only chances after we brought on Temps and Driver...

No that we were under pressure, but that's bollocks. Andy Webster missed a header early doors in the second half and Craig Thomson saved his bacon by muscling Antoinne Courrier of the ball when he was straight though.

No that we were under pressure, but that's bollocks. Andy Webster missed a header early doors in the second half and Craig Thomson saved his bacon by muscling Antoinne Courrier of the ball when he was straight though.

So Craig Thomson made a tackle to, erm, prevent a good chance?

Kinda the point I was making....

. Thoughts?

Skacel was playing a more inside left position which opened up space for Wallace. Jonsson also played in a quite attacking position. Infact there were a few times where he was the most advanced player on the park. So I dont really agree with your statement.

So what was the formation?

I seen it as a 4-2-3-1.

thomson webster zaliukas wallace

---------black palazuelos

------------jonsson

suso---------------------- skacel

------------ elliott

Cardiac Rucksack

I see the point of this thread. Why did we start the game today with 3 defensive central midfielders? Simple question. We would have won far more easily with a left winger.

Archived