Hearts 2 - 0 Rangers

Silvery_Moon

J Cheever Loophole

Great Stuff!p0ab2.Even watching it after all these years I was smoking a ciggy in three draws ,magic. :geek:

Johanes de Silentio

The game after Robbo's return from Newcastle saw us turn our league form on it's head by defeating a strong Rangers team. Includes an interview with Robbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ula8a0fomFM

Brilliant, mate - thanks again! :thumbsup:

Check a couple things:

Some very big names in Rangers jerseys looking totally overwhelmed/shell-shocked;

A comprehensive highlights package from the BBC;

Andy Gray making a late appearance for them. :lol:

Wasn't there but was watching avidly in a department store in Newcastle on Ceefax! (this was before the Sky thing on Saturdays young 'uns). All the shoppers wondering why this 14-year-old is jumping around (our second goal flashed up and I couldn't contain myself!)

You can keep your all-seated funeral homes!

Happy, happy memories! Great noise, singing and, you're freer to burst a blood vessel when you're standing!

Just got back from Mostar for this game - remember meeting Ian Ferguson in the lift and telling him the great news about Robbo coming back - I can't print his reply in case kids are viewing :mellow:

Roger Whittakers tackle on wilkins is a cracker!!!

I remember it well! I was on the benches for this game, away from the shed for a change.

Tosh went on to become one of my favourites - always cool and composed.

As an aside, Robbo looks so young in the interview! Completely turns the posed question on its head at the start of the interview :)

Wonderful stuff p0ab2.

I see when Andy Gray comes on, he's clearly checking around him for a female lineswoman.

I consider the Alex MacDonald era a really exciting, nostalgic time and there are so many great blood and guts games in the old ground with 25,000+ crowds - look at how the crowds dropped post-1992.

I remember both these goals well yet it's over 22 years since this game was played.

...when Sportscene was good.

scott herbertson

Wonderful stuff p0ab2.

...when Sportscene was good.

Fantastic days

Just listen to the commentary - completely unbiased. If anything , looking at it it the Walter's sending off was very harsh - imagine the result of the chimp lackeys reporting today!

scott herbertson

Fantastic days

Just listen to the commentary - completely unbiased. If anything , looking at it it the Walter's sending off was very harsh - imagine the response of the chimp lackeys reporting today!

Mikey 'Mikey Mikey Mike' Galloway would have been looking at a long ban if he had done that now; Amazed that Gough didn't react at all. If we are a big, physical team now, it shows how the game has changed. Great day and was stood behind the dug-out when Walters nearly ended Zico's career with that challenge :whistling:

Was it the BBC camera filter or was Tynecastle enveloped in some kind of Dickensian smog every Saturday afternoon?

Was it the BBC camera filter or was Tynecastle enveloped in some kind of Dickensian smog every Saturday afternoon?

I was thinking this too. It certainly adds to the atmosphere and sentimentality of watching these old games.

0_my_photographs_edinburgh_at_work_-_north_british_distillery_sv30_sepia_1024.jpg

Just got back from Mostar for this game - remember meeting Ian Ferguson in the lift and telling him the great news about Robbo coming back - I can't print his reply in case kids are viewing :mellow:

Ah yes Iain Ferguson's signing. And also Robbo's re-signing. Yet apparently, Romanov was the first-ever owner to bring in players over the manager's head! :whistling::lol:

I was thinking this too. It certainly adds to the atmosphere and sentimentality of watching these old games.

0_my_photographs_edinburgh_at_work_-_north_british_distillery_sv30_sepia_1024.jpg

Tremendous that someone went to the effort of writing 'big ******' on the wall.

ahh westfield C & D....memories..20 years man and boy...feck sainsburys.. :down:

Archived