Craig Bryson or Liam Craig?

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

As people seem to like talking about possible new signings and who would be good to sign ............ :)

Both reasonably talented SPL midfielders - Bryson on the fringes of International call up is under contract for another 2 years and would probably cost several hundred thousand to buy - Liam Craig is available on a Bosman in the summer - now iam not saying Hearts are actively interested in either of these SPL players but if we were looking at recruiting a new midfielder would either of these players be on your radar? if so which would you prefer? if neither who else would you suggest?

We_are_the_Hearts

Really hope we get Bryson. We need a midfielder with an engine who can pick a pass and get involved in play when needed.

Bryson every day of the week.

Have never seen anything in Liam Craig that's made me think he'd be good for Hearts. Murray Davidson's better than him.

Charlie-Brown

Have never seen anything in Liam Craig that's made me think he'd be good for Hearts. Murray Davidson's better than him.

I thought Liam Craig did a good job down the left side against us recently protecting young Steven May and we were certainly less productive down that side after Maybury got taken off after 35 minutes. Usually also good for a few goals per season - scored 11 last season (9 SPL + 2 SC) which is quite a good return for a midfielder - could possibly do a job replacing Palazeulos?

I see he was born in Edinburgh altho his name sounds a bit Hibby to me? does anyone know who he supports?

Liam Craig: Was outstanding for St Johnstone in their cup win over us. Overall a better player than Bryson in my opinion.

John

I thought Liam Craig did a good job down the left side against us recently protecting young Steven May and we were certainly less productive down that side after Maybury got taken off after 35 minutes. Usually also good for a few goals per season - scored 11 last season (9 SPL + 2 SC) which is quite a good return for a midfielder - could possibly do a job replacing Palazeulos?

I see he was born in Edinburgh altho his name sounds a bit Hibby to me? does anyone know who he supports?

I see you mention down the left hand side which would suggest he's more a wide player than a central midfielder? I don't know all that much about him position wise but from what I've seen of him I've never been blown away.

Bryson on the other hand has impressed me on a number of occasions and he's a central midfielder.

Bryson. Article about him in the Herald today: My link

Seems to have healed quickly and is viewed as integral to Mixu's plans. I reckon he must be about the same age Cameron was when he joined us from Raith Rovers.

Charlie-Brown

I see you mention down the left hand side which would suggest he's more a wide player than a central midfielder? I don't know all that much about him position wise but from what I've seen of him I've never been blown away.

Bryson on the other hand has impressed me on a number of occasions and he's a central midfielder.

he plays on the leftish side of midfield - in the recent game McInnes moved him out to wide left almost as a wing-back as he's subbed of Maybury and put a forward on instead so Craig was covering left midfield and full-back in that game but he usually plays more central-left.

Frankenstein Jambo.

If it was a choice between the two I'd go for Bryson

However, i'd rather we tried to sign Harkins from dundee. Get him for cheap giving Dundees finanial position.

Charlie-Brown

Gullit Lounge, please.

Gullit lounge is for transfer rumours - this isn't a rumour nor is it speculation - it's merely asking a question about discussing 2 SPL footballers ......

he plays on the leftish side of midfield - in the recent game McInnes moved him out to wide left almost as a wing-back as he's subbed of Maybury and put a forward on instead so Craig was covering left midfield and full-back in that game but he usually plays more central-left.

As I thought, doesn't really change my stance on it though.

I'd rather we shelled out some cash on Bryson than signed Craig on a bosman just because it's a cheaper option. Black's better than Craig IMO so would be no point in signing him.

neither! Liam Craig is not good enough for hearts imo. and Bryson is overrated and way to expensive than what he's actually worth

I am confident we can sign a better player than either of them for free in the summer. I'm sure there will be a few ppl out of contract better than them that we could pick up.

Gullit lounge is for transfer rumours - this isn't a rumour nor is it speculation - it's merely asking a question about discussing 2 SPL footballers ......

CB,

As you so admirably championed for the whole of December and January, you are speculating about a football player for another team. Your indefatigability in this quest was commendable, but it seems that it is okay for you to speculate but nobody else. :(

On the topic, I think we should go for Bryson because he costs money and I like wasting more money. That was your extremely thinly veiled effort at trolling, wasn't it?

Charlie-Brown

CB,

As you so admirably championed for the whole of December and January, you are speculating about a football player for another team. Your indefatigability in this quest was commendable, but it seems that it is okay for you to speculate but nobody else. :(

On the topic, I think we should go for Bryson because he costs money and I like wasting more money. That was your extremely thinly veiled effort at trolling, wasn't it?

I haven't said we are signing anybody, I haven't said we are interested in anybody, I haven't pretended to be in the knowabout any imminent possible transfer deal nor claim to know Jim Jefferies transfer targets - I didn't even say we should sign either or would sign either - just discussing what people thought of them as players - I'm not trying to kid anybody on or confuse their thinking about who we are trying to sign unlike some of the attention seekers and time wasters on here do so what's the problem?

I haven't said we are signing anybody, I haven't said we are interested in anybody, I haven't pretended to be in the knowabout any imminent possible transfer deal nor claim to know Jim Jefferies transfer targets - I didn't even say we should sign either or would sign either - just discussing what people thought of them as players - I'm not trying to kid anybody on or confuse their thinking about who we are trying to sign unlike some of the attention seekers and time wasters on here do so what's the problem?

Charlie,

You are speculating. However, I don't mind that, for me, that is all fair game on the internet. I am so glad you have changed your stance and look forward to your input in future speculation. :thumbsup:

Charlie-Brown

Charlie,

You are speculating. However, I don't mind that, for me, that is all fair game on the internet. I am so glad you have changed your stance and look forward to your input in future speculation. :thumbsup:

yes I too look forward to advising them that 98% of transfer speculation is precisely and especially it seems our ITKers on here have a terrible record of accurate predictions.

HEARTS FOREVER

I would quite like to see both players arrive.

Bryson is an obvious choice but Craig has impressed me every time ive seen him. :geek:

Just for the avoidance of doubt.

Bryson isn't Colin Cameron and never will be.

I don't think we should be spending half a mil on him anyway. Think JJ has lost the plot on that one.

rudi must stay

both are okay, not sure they'd improve us that much though. Gomis or Bauban might IMO, they seem to be all-round midfielders.

both are okay, not sure they'd improve us that much though. Gomis or Bauban might IMO, they seem to be all-round midfielders.

I agree these players are the type we should be going for, however both, especially Gomis would probably fancy a move to England somewhere.

I agree Craig would be a valuable addition to the squad particularly if he can be picked up for nowt.

He was impressive in the recent game but he is versatile and can play as a full back, wing back or inside. I think he was the guy who was signed for us as a youth and jumped ship to Ipswich but if we can forgive Webster then I'm sure we can do the same for him.

rudi must stay

I agree these players are the type we should be going for, however both, especially Gomis would probably fancy a move to England somewhere.

he said that in October, but footballers don't always stick to what they say..

Liam Craig wouldn't be the worst signing ever, and he's gid Jambo, but he wouldn't improve us at all.

Bryson would definitely improve us.

I agree. Bryson for me. Liam Craig is pretty one paced and don't see how he would improve our squad. He's a Celtic fan though.

Rudolf's Mate

Although I'd like to see Bryson come it would have to be at the right price. That said, I also agree with other posters in that I'd also be happy to look at alternatives.

I would quite like to see both players arrive.

Bryson is an obvious choice but Craig has impressed me every time ive seen him. :geek:

Same here. He strikes me as a player who could improve vastly in a better team under a good manager, so a move to us would be perfect for him.

Sergio Garcia

To be honest it wasnt till someone mentioned we were linked with Bryson that I took an interest in how he played and although he didnt ever look a bad player i was never overly impressed. Craig however is a player ive noticed in a few games against us and have always been impressed.

In my humble opinion I would prefer Liam Craig.

Sergio Garcia

I'd take both, can't have enough midfielders especially when ours seems non-existant at times.

Which ones in particular are you referring to.....Liam Miller or John Rankin?

both would be decent additions. Liam Craig seems pretty decent on the ball and may be a good recruit if Lee Wallace is subject to a bid.

I`ve no doubt our relentless hunt for Bryson will continue until we get him or are blown out for some reason or another. Anyway, i think another freshen up of the squad is what we`ll need and hopefully with some new faces coming in, we`ll also see some of our underachievers got the opposite way.

The squad should take a more polished look next season(fingers crossed)

Have not read past this post - Bryson is a cumin

LC is a Celtic fan.

Well, he was when at school.

Cracking left foot on him, can actually hit his man at set peices. Would be a rather odd phenomenon at Hearts.

Never really taken by Bryson.

LC is a Celtic fan.

Well, he was when at school.

Cracking left foot on him, can actually hit his man at set peices. Would be a rather odd phenomenon at Hearts.

Never really taken by Bryson.

Bryson for me..

Juat as an aside, is Craig Conway not available under a Bosman in the summer?

jambo_til_i_die

Which ones in particular are you referring to.....Liam Miller or John Rankin?

haha touche! :thumbsup:

In all seriousness sometimes most of attacks on us come from having a missing midfield

Please don't waste money on Craig Bryson.

I reckon we can pick up the same standard of player on a free.

Liam Craig would be a good addition, imo.

Archived